• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rough & Ready Fuit Jar Pickers !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I just had the best day ,I had in years . I traveled down to Rough & Ready Cal. and listen to the Blue Grass Group " The Rough & Ready Fruit Jar Pickers " . Rough & Ready is about 5 miles from my place here in Calif .
What a " Kick in the butt good time :thumb: :coolshade ". They put on a music show every Sunday from 10 till noon ,year round . Its Free and it Awesome !!!
The audience is encouraged to sing along and everybody have a good time . Coffee and fresh bake goods were furnished at break for free .

I even got a "Belly Buttom Duster" for being a new guest ,presented to me even though I told them I have not seen my "Belly Buttom "in 30 years !
Its a combination of Gospel and Blue Grass Music . There is about 15 - 20 in the band .
If anyone EVER has the good luck of being anywhere near Rough and Ready, Calif on Sunday morning from 10AM till Noon , You are in for a real treat . I'll see you there next Sunday for sure !!!

I dare anybody to go and not tap their foot to the music :coolshade !!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dare anybody to go and not tap their foot to the music :coolshade !!!
Allen, I am THAT white guy that you see and feel embarrassed for. You know, the guy who tries to tap his foot to the music but is just off tempo enough to be obvious. I can tap my foot, but it won't be to the music! :smileywac

Vance

Hi Allen,

I grew up just over the hill from Rough & Ready and still have friends/family that live there.

BTW, I think their motto is:

Rough & Ready - where the men are rough and the women are ready!!!

:boobies:

hehe,

Vance