• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Joe Biden Contradicts Top Adviser, Claims Was Never Warned About Burisma

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe Biden Contradicts Top Adviser, Claims Was Never Warned About Burisma
by HARIS ALIC 8 Dec 2019

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elec...dviser-claims-was-never-warned-about-burisma/

Joe Biden is claiming staffers never warned that his youngest son’s role with Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural gas conglomerate, posed a conflict of interest — contradicting one of his top advisers.

The former vice president, who is increasingly under pressure from voters to explain Hunter Biden’s wheeling and dealing overseas, told NPR in an extensive interview on Friday that his staff never brought the issue to his attention.

“Nobody warned me about a potential conflict of interest. Nobody warned me about that,” Joe Biden said, before suggesting that staffers were unwilling to broach the subject because, at the time, his oldest son Beau was losing his battle with brain cancer. “Well, my son was dying, so I guess that’s why… But … they should have told me.”

Joe Biden’s claim of ignorance, however, is undercut by statements Amos Hochstein, once a top adviser to the former vice president, made in the past. Hochstein, who served as the Obama administration’s special envoy energy affairs, told The New Yorker in July that he had broached the subject of Hunter Biden and Burisma with the former vice president in December 2015.

As “Joe Biden prepared to return to Ukraine, his aides braced for renewed scrutiny of Hunter’s relationship with Burisma,” the magazine noted. “Amos Hochstein, the Obama Administration’s special envoy for energy policy, raised the matter with Biden, but did not go so far as to recommend that Hunter leave the board.”

If Hochstein’s recollection is correct, the former vice president was briefed about the conflict of interest posed by Burisma more than six months after Beau Biden died in May 2015.

In the same New Yorker piece that Hochstein made his claim, Hunter Biden admitted his father felt compelled to discuss Burisma with him at least once.

“Dad said, ‘I hope you know what you are doing,’ and I said, ‘I do,'” the younger Biden told the magazine.

The controversy first started in May 2014 when Hunter Biden secured an appointment to Burisma’s board, despite having no background in either the energy industry or Ukraine. As Peter Schweizer, senior contributor at Breitbart News, detailed in his book Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends, Hunter Biden’s background in investment banking, lobbying, and hedge fund management paled in comparison to that of current and past members of Burisma’s board.

Adding to concerns is the fact that, at the time Hunter Biden joined Burisma — where he was paid as much as $83,000-per-month — the company was seen as actively courting western leaders to prevent further scrutiny of its business practices. The same month Hunter Biden was tapped for the group’s board, the United Kingdom froze accounts belonging to Burisma’s founder, Mykola Zlochevsky, under suspicion of money laundering.

A Ukrainian official with strong ties to Zlochevsky admitted in October the only reason that Hunter Biden was appointed to Burisma’s board was to “protect” the company from foreign scrutiny. The claim has credence given that at the time, Joe Biden, as the sitting vice president, was tasked with leading the Obama administration’s policy towards Ukraine in response to Russia’s invasion of Crimea.

It is in the context of Burisma and Zlochevsky’s legal troubles that Joe Biden’s political influence has raised the most red flags. The former vice president has particularly drawn questions over his conduct in demanding the Ukrainian government fire its top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, in 2016.

Joe Biden, who has publicly bragged about the firing, reportedly threatened to withhold more than one billion dollars in U.S. aid if the Ukrainian government did not remove Shokin. He has claimed the demand came from then-President Barack Obama, who had allegedly lost faith in the prosecutor’s ability to tackle corruption.

Unofficially, though, it was known that Shokin was investigating both Burisma and Zlochevsky for public corruption. It is uncertain if the probe extended to Hunter Biden, although Shokin has recently admitted that prior to his ouster, he was warned to back off the matter. Regardless of what occurred, Shokin’s successor, who is now himself being investigated for public corruption, dropped the investigation into Burisma.

Joe Biden, for his part, has claimed his actions were in line with America’s then-foreign policy. The former vice president’s position, though, has been undermined by repeatedly changing how much he knew regarding his son’s ties to Burisma. Initially, he claimed to have never spoken to his son about the matter, even though Hunter Biden asserted otherwise. Then, the former vice president switched tracks by claiming he did not even know his son was on Burisma’s board, despite claims by Hochstein and other Obama-era officials.

On Sunday, Joe Biden switched his story once again telling Axios he knew his son was on Burisma’s board but did not know the exact nature of his role.

“I don’t know what he was doing,” the former vice president said. “I know he was on the board. I found out he was on the board after he was on the board and that was it.”

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Biden Claims ‘Nobody Warned’ Him of Conflict, He ‘Didn’t Know’ Hunter Was On Board, But Facts Say Otherwise
Posted at 11:30 pm on December 8, 2019 by Nick Arama

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama...-hunter-was-on-board-but-facts-say-otherwise/

Joe Biden did a bevy of interviews this weekend, in which he was asked the inevitable question about his son Hunter’s business dealings on the board of the Ukrainian gas company, Burisma.

But he wasn’t able to give a satisfactory answer to the question. Indeed, his answers created even more questions.

Here he is being interviewed by Telemundo’s Jose Diaz Balart.

Arthur Schwartz

@ArthurSchwartz
Biden Refuses To Admit It Was Wrong For His Son To Serve On Burisma’s Board While He Was VP

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArthurSc...-hunter-was-on-board-but-facts-say-otherwise/

2:48 PM - Dec 6, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Diaz Balart makes the point that Hunter was making $50-80,000 while Joe was the Vice President (and the point man on Ukraine). Diaz Balart also made an important point about Hunter being on the board of a company partnered with a Chinese state-controlled entity. Burisma also had a foreign government connection with the founder/owner being a Ukrainian minister.

But Joe Biden saw nothing wrong with that and no conflict.

Biden also did an interview with NPR that was published on Sunday. In it, he said that he would refuse to comply with any subpoena to testify before the Senate about Ukraine, his son or his son’s business dealings, saying he didn’t want people to “take the eye off the ball” – that is be distracted from getting President Donald Trump.
According to Democrats it was obstruction that Trump dared to challenge them in the courts. So sure sounds like obstruction if he refused, according to Democratic standards.

Biden also claimed that “Nobody warned me about a potential conflict of interest” concerning his son. When the interviewer pointed out his staff was in fact apprised of the potential conflict by State Department official George Kent, Biden blamed his staff and said “no one told me.” Is he kidding? He has to be told that’s a conflict of interest, when he’s the point man on Ukraine for the Obama administration? If he has to be told that, that would be indicative of an even greater problem.

Two big problems with that.

Number one, he apprised in fact by Adam Hochstein. So what Biden said is untrue.

Kenneth P. Vogel
@kenvogel
Replying to
@kenvogel

@JoeBiden
and
@rachelnpr
"Amos Hochstein, the Obama Administration’s special envoy for energy policy, raised the matter with Biden, but did not go so far as to recommend that Hunter leave the board,"
@adamentous
reported in the
@NewYorker
in July.

Will Hunter Biden Jeopardize His Father’s Campaign?
Joe Biden’s son is under scrutiny for his business dealings and tumultuous personal life.
newyorker.com
1:16 PM · Dec 8, 2019·Twitter Web App

Number two, he’s been repeatedly told about conflicts of interest involving Hunter, even as far back as 2008, in this interview with Tom Brokaw in 2008, where he goes into that same “no one has said anything, nothing wrong was done” spiel.

Ryan Saavedra

@RealSaavedra
Tom Brokaw asks Joe Biden about his son, Hunter, in 2008:

“Wasn’t it inappropriate for someone like you in the middle of all this to have your son collecting money from this big credit card company while you were on the floor protecting its interests?”
Embedded video

2:01 PM - Oct 10, 2019

And questions have been specifically raised about Hunter being on the Burisma board virtually since he was appointed to the board in April 2014.

Here are reporters asking questions from May 2014 with responses from Biden’s spokesperson and VP office.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mbaram/s...-hunter-was-on-board-but-facts-say-otherwise/

Despite that, here’s Biden during an interview last month with PBS saying he didn’t even know that Hunter was on the board.

Brian B ?
@ogbrian_b
Check out what happens when you ask Joe Biden about Hunter.

"I did not know he was on the board of that company, and nobody's asserted that it was illegal to be on the board, and that he did anything wrong"
Embedded video

8:33 PM - Dec 2, 2019

Really? Joe, your office knew since May 2014, a month after he was appointed. You had a conversation with your son about Burisma, as he confirmed to the New Yorker, in December 2015, when Hunter was preparing a trip to Ukraine. “Dad said, ‘I hope you know what you are doing,’ and I said, ‘I do.’”

Why is Biden now seemingly falsely suggesting he was ignorant of this? Why is he falsely claiming no one told him about any possible conflicts?

Biden also spoke to Axios in an interview running this weekend. Biden insisted he had no idea about what his son did, even now, despite all the controversy it has caused. Biden also stated he had no interest in finding out. Despite that, he insisted it had to be appropriate because he “trusted his son.” Then he tried to deflect to the Trump family.

Jonathan Swan

@jonathanvswan
Interview just aired on HBO. https://twitter.com/axios/status/1203820552269336577
Axios

@axios
.@JoeBiden on his son Hunter's work in Ukraine: "I don't know what he was doing."@mikeallen: "Well you've had a lot of time. Isn't this something you want to get to the bottom of?"

Biden: "No. Because I trust my son." @dctvny @hbodocs
Embedded video

5:40 PM - Dec 8, 2019

Mollie

@MZHemingway
"Vote for me. I trust Hunter Biden's decision making skills." is not QUITE the winning slogan some might have imagined. https://twitter.com/axios/status/1203820552269336577
Axios

@axios
.@JoeBiden on his son Hunter's work in Ukraine: "I don't know what he was doing."@mikeallen: "Well you've had a lot of time. Isn't this something you want to get to the bottom of?"

Biden: "No. Because I trust my son." @dctvny @hbodocs
Embedded video

8:33 PM - Dec 8, 2019

He’s had an incredible amount of time to prepare to answer these questions and his answers are still horrible.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe Biden is a criminal. Along with his doped up Son of his.

How the Dems will try and sweep these facts under the rug, all the while going after Trump for uncovering their crimes.

We need to put Joe and his kid in prison for a decade and let them sort it out from the inside..

I have never hated the Democratic party any more than I do now..

And to think that decades ago I considered myself a Democrat. I do not however even recognize that party of so many years ago.

It appears the Democrats sold not only them selves, but the United States to the highest bidder... Fuqers….

Regards, Kirk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
300, when I was growing up in Texas the dim party was for the farmer and the working man. Not so anymore!!
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Biden is a liar ....but to me it seems outrageous that this life time politician would have to be 'Warned' by someone else that his son being given all this money to be on the board of a foreign company when he had no expertise of the subject matter; that this might look bad for Biden. Warned? Why, are you an idiot? Can't think for yourself. BS.