• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gas Prices

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So Weds I was in Columbus for a doc appt for wifey. The BP station right next to the docs office had gas for $2.17. Speedway across the street also at $2.17.
Here we paid $2.65 last weekend but today I noticed they dropped it to $2.55. A .37 cent difference per gallon just 90 miles or so from each other. Seems a bit much to me.

How much is gas going for in your neck of the woods?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc I'm in the same county and up North it's 2.09 and South Columbus is 2.29. Twenty cents difference in the same county.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
PA is adding another 25-cent per gallon tax on (which will make us the highest taxed in the union IIRC).
It was $2.79 the other day. :(
Still better than $4 but still...

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The stupid liberals want us to be paying what the Europeans are paying. It's as simple as that. All in for the little guy my friggin' ass.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm shocked at Columbus being so much less than my part of Ohio and WV. Prices have been 2.60's and 2.70's all summer till just this week we dropped below 2.60.

Leni, I feel for ya. Hope you don't have far to drive.

I suspect all states will raise gas taxes with this Iranian deal as fuel prices are expect to go down. Since we are used to the higher prices they'll tax it so that they don't go down so much.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's as high as $3.55 in DC, avg is less than $3.00.

I'm 40 miles west, all the area stations are $2.69 to $2.79.

10 miles west of here in the next county its $2.45 for regular, $2.67 for diesel.

Jim

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Today I saw Diesel at $2.45 up to $2.79 ... at Speedway stations along the same road.

Regular Gas was $2.45 to $2.59.

Leni

I need to construct a pipeline from there to my car. The cheapest I've seen it today is $3.85.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't comment on gas prices as my truck is diesel. I can tell you that I have seen a $.40 per gallon difference in diesel in less than five miles. I use http://www.gasbuddy.com it shows lowest prices in the area. You can also participate and report what you see.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Whiting BP is back online distilling. Prices coming down in the midwest now.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
$2.49 to $2.59 for taxed road diesel.

$2.89 to $3.09 for regular. But we are seeing regular start to drop as the big BP/Amoco refinery is coming back on line after emergency repairs. Should continue to drop another $0.50 over the next week or so.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
2.47 for 87 Octane Regular
2.79 for 91 Octane non ethanol
2.78 On Road Diesel
2.57 Off Road Diesel

Last edited:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
If any of you hate burning food in your engines, this site might be of interest:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

This site lists stations that sell 100% ethanol free gasoline. It is not supposed to be the lowest prices like Gas Buddy
but in this area at least real gas is averaging about $0.50 per gallon higher than 10% ethanol, and there are benefits:
our vehicles are getting nearly 30% better gas mileage and there is a performance difference you can feel. Real world
examples:

1) 89 octane 10% ethanol @ $2.26 x 13 gallons = $29.38 ... @ 23 mpg average this is a per-mile cost of $0.0983
2) 87 octane 0% ethanol @ $2.79 x 13 gallons = $36.27 ... @ 29 mpg average this is a per-mile cost of $0.0962

So, even though it costs us about $7.00 more each time we fill the tank, our overall cost-per-mile is slightly less, and
there is a marked improvement in performance that was noticeable before the end of the first tank. [To be perfectly
honest we don't really notice that improvement anymore; it's still there but we've gotten used to this 'new normal'.]

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I know where all the non corn gas is in my area and I use it in all my small engines, especially the two strokers.

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
filled up today @ the MURPHY station (walmart) in Corinth Ms...........

$2.03 minus 5 cents/gal for a WM card........... $1.98

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My last fill up it was $2.24 gal. It was lower a few weeks ago but it has slowly risen.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I filled up on the rez last night. Cheapest place in town at 1.09 per litre. Most other places in town are around 1.19. Cost me $115 to fill the truck.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I filled up on the rez last night. Cheapest place in town at 1.09 per litre. Most other places in town are around 1.19. Cost me $115 to fill the truck.
At first blush that sounds really good down here in the States, but when liters are converted to our measure that comes out to
$4.20 a gallon. Gas hasn't been that high here in mid-America for well over a decade, although it is about that price on the
West Coast due to government interference. We're paying $2.59 per gallon and that's for 100% gasoline; it would be only
$2.19 if we were willing to use the ethanol blend.