• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I read a book and tomorrow I might do the same thing again ...:biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Cinco de Mayo dinner and margaritas, out with the girls at Cabo.
The four of us had a blast!
Linda took pics of the moon about 30 minutes ago outside the restaurant.. beautiful!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hurting too bad from stacking wood, so I worked on the arbor framework I am building the wife for the garden entrance. Using up stuff I had around here and it should turn out pretty nice. Hope to have it up after some more wood in the morning. Then I would like to work on the camper camera system so it will be ready to hit the road.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Hurting too bad from stacking wood, so I worked on the arbor framework I am building the wife for the garden entrance. Using up stuff I had around here and it should turn out pretty nice. Hope to have it up after some more wood in the morning. Then I would like to work on the camper camera system so it will be ready to hit the road.
I always have it up when I have WOOD in the morning. :yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
So who gets in first ? you or the wife?:whistling:
I haven't taken a bath since Christ was a Corporal, and I'm not going to start now (I can't see wallowing in your own filth and soap, then try to tell me that you're clean. Yuk!). Besides, it's only built for one person, not two. I won't go in hot tubs either...filth traps.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the store and bought some compost. Went to a local greenhouse and bought some flowers with the wife, each year she puts annuals in pots on the patios to brighten things up. Then went out an mowed most of the grass.

Came inside and showered, packed up the family and took them to see the play/concert MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET up in Chicago. Absolutely fantastic show/concert. Its really a musical play???

Today I'll probably do some yard work, preparing the garden for planting. Maybe run to the greenhouse and buy some tomatoes, peppers, etc.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife wants to put the black ground cover down in the garden today. Since we have some frost this morning we will be waiting a while to put some things out. Replanted peas yesterday and transplanted some sunflowers along the back garden fence.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting for it to thunderstorm, right now...Animal chores then a trip to Sheels with the daughter to pickup her bow in Des Moines. Ogle the gun racks while there....:brows:

Kirk

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Getting ready to head up to my cabin. Sounds like the storm Friday night and last nights might have done some damage.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Drove 450 miles from Franklin NC to Pensacola FL. Along the way my truck turned over 70K on the odometer. Naturally, an epic event of this nature must be shared so I recorded it for all to see! Click Here

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is what I finished doing today. Woodshed is almost half full which is 7 1/2 full cords. 1 truckload done and 2 to go yet.

Attachments

• 5612 003.jpg
    5612 003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 5612 004.jpg
    5612 004.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 203

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn son, you don't mess around do you?
Been stacking as I get a chance for about 2 weeks now. Time to start cutting a bunch of the small logs and then run them through the splitter. Most will only need one split and they should be manageable for this old man. The past 2 days I had to take a pain pill after overdoing it to get the last of it done. Dang stuff is heavy when it is fresh cut and the Amish boys left a lot of them bigger than I would have liked. I was pretty sick the day they came and they can lift those big pieces easier than I can. As they dry out they get a little lighter.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
You have mentioned the Amish Boys frequently, what do they do for you? Do you hire them on an ongoing basis to cut wood and work around the ranch?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Not as much anymore. a lot have moved to a new settlement. I used to swap hauling and backhoe work for their help doing some of the labor intensive stuff that I am not SUPPOSED to do. I have hooked up with one family who can work Saturdays unless the older boys are not working out for cash money. These guys are more advanced and run equipment and have a phone in a hut at the end of their lane. You can call them between 8 and 8:30 in the morning to get in touch with them.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to church this AM and watched a brown bat fly around during the entire service.
Came home and finished my laundry, walked poochie loo in the park twice today, hung out on here off and on, took a short nap, made dinner.
The End.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the entire day alone with Dragonfly Lady (ie, no kids, just us - doesn't happen much). Shopped a bit, had some awesome
BBQ, came home. Quiet and relaxing for a change. :biggrin:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the rally for the day in the CAR, the Landrover clutch is stuck, so today am going to have to recharge the battery, which was flattened trying to get the clutch unstuck, and have another go!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have some countertops to install this morning, then I'm going to run the water line to the new toilet location in the bathroom, and repair the holes in the floor and walls to get ready for phase two of the project...removing the vanity, opening the wall and reworking the plumbing to go from one sink to two sinks. Doing the same with the mirrors and lighting. Fun, fun, fun.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got to dig a few more graves for some unwanted visitors, we are over ran with coyotes,racoons and opossums this year. :sad:

With the full moon the last couple of nights, between the yotes and coons they have perty much wiped out all of our feral cats & they got my favorite last night. :gun2_smi:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Went for blood work and got some salt blocks for the cows. took a good nap this afternoon after watching the rain for a while.:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Woke this morning to heavy thundershowers, which I like.
Don't like storms that have lots of wind and lightning though.
These storms contained rolling thunder that seemed to go on forever, and rain coming down, straight down, in buckets.

Did a lot of running around (3 appointments- doc, hair and chiropractor).. ate dinner downtown at the coffee house/ cafe... visited some family members too.
All in all, a good day.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Mowed ,weed wacked , cut a few logs ,tended to the mound system ,changed out the mower blades . Got naked and picked up a few hitch hikers .Woo hoo !

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Having a lobster dinner at York beach Maine. Raining today so the top stays up on the Xfire.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just voted. Ron Paul for President. Richard Mourdock for Senate (to try to throw Richard Lugar out of office).

Soon I'll be driving up to a new building I purchased to wait for the utility company. And wait. And wait some more.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished the water line for the new toilet and dry walled that wall. Got tied up yesterday (yes, it was fun & kinky:w00t2:) so this job didn't get done. Here are some pics from the walls I built for a customer and the countertops I had made for them. They are very pleased, and wife can't wait to fill them with all of her little do-dads and chatzy shit (her husband's words). The column was so I could run power from the ceiling to the walls for 4 outlets. the house is on a slab with no other access to the wiring. The counter guy did a hell of a good job with the tops. He made them 15" wide in two pieces with a miter joint on the inside corner and a lap joint on the outside. I glued and screwed the joints together and used a heat gun for the laminate overlap. It pays to hire good people that know what they are doing. Now the customer has to do something with the baseboard. His wife is livid that he would not let me do them, because he "wanted to save some money." I got a shiny nickle that says the wife calls me to do it in about a month when she gets tired of looking at it unfinished.:yum:

Almost forgot...there was a spindle railing with 3 posts to the ceiling where I built the new walls. It looked cheap (because it was), but that's what builders installed 20 years ago. It took me 10 minutes to rip it all out and carry it out to the trash.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.