• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB, 1970's ALH

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yup, I am looking for mid 1970's, ALH, built in Montana, powered by small block Ford V-8, mid engine, the photo of the ALH was taken in 2007, maybe somewhere in western Montana, yes, I know, Montana is a BIG state. help?????
PM/email me if you have any info as to where it is, thank you...crazy cat lady, pontoon princess

Attachments

• ALH_sno-cat_2.jpg
    ALH_sno-cat_2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 519
  • ALH_sno-cat_8.jpg
    ALH_sno-cat_8.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 508
  • 1024px-ALH_sno-cat_3.jpg
    1024px-ALH_sno-cat_3.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 506

akmountaineer

That's a cool looking rig. It must have incredible ground pressure specs with those large tracks spaced so closely together. Good luck with the search.:thumbup:

Sno-Surfer

OMG, that is incredible! Someone must know where this is. Any idea how many were produced? Never heard or seen such a thing but I like it. :thumbup:

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
FOUND IT !!!!!!!!!

this is going to fun

So in 60 minutes you went from having a picture and knowing it is someplace in the state of Montana (approximately 150,000 square miles) to "FOUND IT!!"?? Exactly what kind of resources do you have? What could you find if you allocated an entire day to your search?

Ron

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
So in 60 minutes you went from having a picture and knowing it is someplace in the state of Montana (approximately 150,000 square miles) to "FOUND IT!!"?? Exactly what kind of resources do you have? What could you find if you allocated an entire day to your search?

Ron

See my post in the http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=77591 thread. But beware, some times questions are better left unanswered.

PJL

Earlier this week SpaceX claims they "lost" a secret satellite. My sources say it's not lost. That's the cover story. The Princess retasked it to search for Tuckers and other stuff. It seems to work very well. It might not see through deeply buried bunkers though.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't get the GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) module to initialize. Bringing the LIDAR on line was easy. With the new 3d models, we should be able to identify pontoons where-ever they may be.

Of course all of the above is pure fiction and never happened, and I wasn't there.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't get the GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) module to initialize. Bringing the LIDAR on line was easy. With the new 3d models, we should be able to identify pontoons where-ever they may be.

Of course all of the above is pure fiction and never happened, and I wasn't there.

space what ?

I was painting pontoons pink, today

PJL

The LIDAR has enough detail to "see" a Tucker through the vegetation. The on-board visible spectrum analyzer is tuned for orange. The ALH is kinda orangish so it was simple. No resting Tucker is safe. The one just found on Kolob will soon be in Medford unless the owner hides it.

rodre

Interesting looking machine, is the cab fiberglass? Looks like they really wanted to put gull wings on everything back then. They should use that in a Bond film, I am surprised they didn't already lol

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting looking machine, is the cab fiberglass? Looks like they really wanted to put gull wings on everything back then. They should use that in a Bond film, I am surprised they didn't already lol

Yes, the body is fiberglass, as the story goes, ALH company built 2 machines. one had a Ford small block and the other a 440 and that is about all I know and happily learning more everyday, interesting machine and concept, a little Tucker, Thiokol, Kristi, and maybe the coolness of a Snow Track, and inspired by the Lost in Space machine.

Yes, I can see 007 escaping and buildings blowing up in the back ground during an epic blizzard.

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed-that thing is pretty darn cool looking! And seriously, 60 minutes? The web has been spun wide and now anything that touches it is snared in minutes!

PJL

If George Barris made a snowcat it would look like that. I am curious about it though. What's the whole story?

Bvhydri

George Barris indeed! The ALH snowcat are in Ridgway CO. Very low ground pressure and side hill leveling bodies. The smaller one is 351 powered and has been used quite a bit. It was the year 2000 champ at Art Seely's snowcat hill climb championship at Tahoe. The larger one is 440 powered. It has always stored inside and has few miles on it. Would be happy to sell them. Lots of back story.....have the cab moulds, drawings, etc too.

Attachments

• 20201221_100335.jpg
    20201221_100335.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 185
  • 20201221_100325.jpg
    20201221_100325.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 188
  • 20201221_100308.jpg
    20201221_100308.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 187
  • 20201221_100302.jpg
    20201221_100302.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 191
  • 20201221_100243.jpg
    20201221_100243.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 197

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If George Barris made a snowcat it would look like that. I am curious about it though. What's the whole story?
George Barris did make a sno-cat and it looks like this:

Attachments

• DSCN1919.JPG
    DSCN1919.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • DSCN1952.JPG
    DSCN1952.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 133

Solrus

Not in Billings, and not in Central where I live. Its Missoula area. I've sent email to local snowmobile club they might see it there. If you still looking for it. You might buy couple to source parts.
I saw Kristi KT2 and helped to sell on fb forum to help that guy during covid disaster.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Not in Billings, and not in Central where I live. Its Missoula area. I've sent email to local snowmobile club they might see it there. If you still looking for it. You might buy couple to source parts.
I saw Kristi KT2 and helped to sell on fb forum to help that guy during covid disaster.
I did find them, actually, they found me, all is good, very interesting machines with great story