• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

dining table and chairs.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
I love wood...can't stress this enough..

when at work the other week i come across this table and 4 chairs...chairs are in need of a good rebuild and from what i can see at first hand are solid dark wood maybe oak from the 1920's...nice motif on them...table is reproduction in solid pine yet stained down to look like oak....paid £20 for the job lot.

Well i promised to get this up and running for Christmas as the table extends out to fit 6-8 people around it...table sorted today.

Table needed the top sanded on a massive scale to remove the scratches and gouges but the rim and legs were pretty good...got a good colour match on stain so here is where we are,chairs are for tomorrow but may just source better...

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0048.jpg
    DSC_0048.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 64

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Good work Galvi and good price.

I used to love playing with wood but don't seem to have the time anymore except for emergency repairs. Still got all the tools though. :yum:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks great Galv. I think the local price would have been around $25 USD?

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
That looks great Galv. I think the local price would have been around $25 USD?

Yep i think local price would have been simple $$$....it was a good day yesterday and the table sure did add to the day,i am still looking for 2 carver chairs to add to the set,this table and chairs should do us many years.

I hate wastage way to many tree's give up their lives for quality furniture ...show a little love.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I am still using a table my grandma had. I took it to guy who refinished it many years ago. Wish I had the extra leaves for it but we seldom have that many folks for a meal so it fits our needs.