• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The best place you ever ate ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We all have one . It could be the little cafe on the corner or that 5 star place up town . Whats yours and what do you order ????:smile:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jimmy Wu's was a Chinese place down in Baltimore that had some of the best food you could find. Loved their shrimp toast and beef pepper steak. Won Ton soup was good and had it's own dumpling in a big bowl.:clap:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The place that's coming to mind was a steak house outside of Birmingham Alabama.

Incredible steaks. You pick the one you want out of the display and they'll cook it to your specifications.

I remember it being off I-65 south of Birmingham. I think it may be:
Texas Roadhouse‎
60 Drivers Mart Way, Pelham, AL‎

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That's a hard one, but for some reason Bertucci's comes to mind (Rhode Island)
Best brick oven pizza on the planet!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I dunno.

I've eaten some pretty amazing meals in some fantastic locals but honestly the SCHOOPS hamburger shop is one place my family goes back to again and again. Another is MINER-DUNN Hamburgers, again, just plain old freshly made hand made burgers, fresh cut fries, and a friendly waitress. Those two have to be my local favorites. Down in Florida we have a little Chinese restaurant that we never bypass, there is also a place called Saltwater Cowboys that we always get into every time we are there. Favorites have to equal good food, good experiences and good memories.

BEST meal? If I keep going back to these places with my family that says a whole lot about how we feel about them. Maybe not technically the finest cuisine, but clearly best by other measures.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
well i cant really think of one, but right now its Barracuda's bar right here in York. went over fer lunch and had a damn good Yuengling battered Haddock fish sammich. fresh, tasty, the right size. Perfect! i just might go back tomorrow :yum::yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A franchise restaurant? Come on, that can't be the best place.

Well Dave, that was the first place that popped into my head.
Doesn't matter to me whether is was a franchise or not.

There are plenty of other places I could name like The Staff Of Life Pub in Todmorden, England. Great Sunday meals there and a good view across the road, an atmosphere like none other. Steak, chips and peas and Tetley pints.

I've had the opportunity to dine at some of the best places both home and abroad. Eating one of those gooey massive cheese crepes from a vendor in Paris also comes to mind.

Most recently, this place-- which is local, as in 6 blocks from here.
The lobster bisque and the 1/2 lb burgers are out of this world. :brows:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I've traveled a lot. I've dined at some of the finest restaurants in the world. But you know what, I always compare them to the Gold Standard: My wife's cooking.
I can't think of anyplace better than a fine meal prepared by my wife at home.

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I've traveled a lot. I've dined at some of the finest restaurants in the world. But you know what, I always compare them to the Gold Standard: My wife's cooking.
I can't think of anyplace better than a fine meal prepared by my wife at home.

Come on now Fred.. She aint looking.. :poke: :poke:

Seriously, that's really cool. My ex was an OK cook... my Grandma makes some killer salmon patties.... The airport steakhouse in Hutchinson has some GREAT steaks.....

Kwiens

Best eating out place: Roy's Hickory Pit BBQ in Hutch......best ribs in the world in an unassuming atmosphere.

Best cooking: I'm with Waybomb on this one, my wife is an outstanding cook!! She made an apple pie Sunday topped with Schwan's Vanilla ice cream that is extremely Moorish..........

K

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
Best eating out place: Roy's Hickory Pit BBQ in Hutch......best ribs in the world in an unassuming atmosphere.

Best cooking: I'm with Waybomb on this one, my wife is an outstanding cook!! She made an apple pie Sunday topped with Schwan's Vanilla ice cream that is extremely Moorish..........

K

MMMM Roy's... GREAT call

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
The Mex in Ellsworth , Maine in the old days. My favorite was a burrito with choice of filling and on top of that they put 2 good handfuls of salad and usually 3 different dressings: red, white and green. But I love, love love the green. Sides of guacamole and salsa. Mmmmm :biggrin: This place put the vegetables back in Mexican food :clap:

Some upscale restaurants just seem to try too hard. I end up overwhelmed by the presentation and flavors but not satisfied. I'd just as soon cook most of the time, than spend the money to eat out.

D

darroll

Rudy’s at the Salem, OR. Golf course.
Their razor clams and steaks.
Taco Bell…….. Yea.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
A road side Cafe (greasy Joes)on the side of the A505 between Hitchen and Bedford....best fry up with black pudding in the south east of England.:clap:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A road side Cafe (greasy Joes)on the side of the A505 between Hitchen and Bedford....best fry up with black pudding in the south east of England.:clap:
I've been to Bedford, but not there. Did stop at a place that was both a petrol station and a chippy in one! lol
Omg.. black pudding.. :yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh and Galvi.. some of my favourite places to stop in England were the Little Chef's along the motorway.
Good food, good prices too. ;)

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh and Galvi.. some of my favourite places to stop in England were the Little Chef's along the motorway.
Good food, good prices too. ;)

Oh no!!!! Not Little Chef's. Ate there once and had indigestion for a week. On my trip back home last month, I had black pudding for breakfast almost every morning. Ah! It was every bit as good as I remembered.

For the most part I'm with Waybomb, I've traveled a lot and eaten in some of the great places all over the world but my wife can run with any of them. Damn, when she has the time, she is great. She makes a Beef Wellington that that you would give your first born child for. When she and her youngest sister get in the kitchen together, something magic is going to come out of it. She's coming over this Saturday about noon so I can hardly wait to see what's for dinner. I got the wine, bring on the food!!!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh no!!!! Not Little Chef's. Ate there once and had indigestion for a week. On my trip back home last month, I had black pudding for breakfast almost every morning. Ah! It was every bit as good as I remembered.

For the most part I'm with Waybomb, I've traveled a lot and eaten in some of the great places all over the world but my wife can run with any of them. Damn, when she has the time, she is great. She makes a Beef Wellington that that you would give your first born child for. When she and her youngest sister get in the kitchen together, something magic is going to come out of it. She's coming over this Saturday about noon so I can hardly wait to see what's for dinner. I got the wine, bring on the food!!!!!

Frank, I liked the steak pie at Little Chef, and the jacket taties with beans.
I hope your wife and her sis feed your tummy well.
As for my learned skillz at cooking things from across the pond, I am damn good at Yorkshire puddings, Scotch eggs.. toad in the hole, champ,welsh "rabbit" lol and Lancashire hotpot. I can make a nice parkin too and toffee.:biggrin:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank, I liked the steak pie at Little Chef, and the jacket taties with beans.
I hope your wife and her sis feed your tummy well.
As for my learned skillz at cooking things from across the pond, I am damn good at Yorkshire puddings, Scotch eggs.. toad in the hole, champ,welsh "rabbit" lol and Lancashire hotpot. I can make a nice parkin too and toffee.:biggrin:

But , can You whip up a batch of bubble and squeak ?:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
But , can You whip up a batch of bubble and squeak ?:whistling:
Yes, and a fine finnan haddie, as well.
My drunken Irish father in law told me how to make it one day whilst he was hitting the Bells and Bensons, stumbling back and forth into the kitchen so as not to miss "the racing."

After Steven passed away, he came to stay with me for 3 months, down from Burnley, Lancs. In that time he taught me how:
To polish off a bottle of Napoleon Brandy.
How to go down to the bookies and bet on horses.
How to sing The Rose of Tralee whilst drunk at 2am.
I heard all about Grandma Durkin and the rag man, the milkman, the importance of washing the front steps before a "do", Irish funerals, The Two Ronnies.. and his most loved past time.. watching "the golf" and his tales of being in charge of Burnley Golf Club and working for Phillips Electronics for years.
Get the picture? :yum:

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Funny you mention that, becauseI have found most brewpubs to have pretty good grub.

Before I moved to the foothils, I used to go to Rubicon Brewery in Sacramento for breakfast on an occasional Saturday. A pint of stout, someeggs, bacon, and potatoes; yum!

Steamworks brewery in Durango colorado........Cajun boil.........they put butcher paper over the whole table & dump the meal in the middle. ..............:wow:

http://www.steamworksbrewing.com/main/do/Durango_Brewpub

D

darroll

I loved the hushpuppies and catfish in Florida.
Out here, they don't know how to make hushpuppies.