• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Batter-brained IHOP can kiss my bucks goodbye

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
July 5, 2019
Batter-brained IHOP can kiss my bucks goodbye
By Russ Vaughn

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/07/batterbrained_ihop_can_kiss_my_bucks_goodbye.html

I don't go out of my way to determine the political affinities of establishments where I spend my consumer dollars. But they should understand that that doesn't mean I'll simply ignore their bad behaviors when they corporately and symbolically spit in my face over a political or cultural issue.

Thus, I have not darkened the doors of a Dick's or a Target store in some years now, nor have I had a bowl of any Kellogg's cereal since I can last remember. Too many of our corporate executives discount the inconvenient truth that so many American consumers, once lost by a politically correct, virtue-signaling concession to any of the various liberal identity groups, are difficult to ever bring back to the fold. This arrogant disbelief is likely willful, as any such admission of knowing their actions may well be financially detrimental over the long term could get them into serious trouble with shareholders.

Two of these latest corporate transgressors are Nike and IHOP. Since Nike products have always been grossly overpriced, I can't boycott them, for the simple reason that I've never wasted my hard-earned dollars on their products. I prefer New Balance, which so far remains free of liberal virtue-signaling. IHOP is a different matter — it didn't just try to placate liberals, but insulted a family member. Or so it seems, since Tucker Carlson is in my living room every night, setting examples in moral and political courage that our GOP members of Congress and Corporate America really should take to heart. Maybe IHOP's execs, who just announced they'll no longer advertise on Tucker's very popular evening program, should have considered this:

Fox News' prime-time lineup of Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham had a larger combined average audience in the second quarter of 2019 than all of CNN's programming combined.

Surely, they wouldn't ignore such an important potential advertising trend as the continuing ascendancy of Fox News primetime headliners, Carlson and Hannity, and the concomitant decline in viewers for that icon of LGBTQW* thought, Rachel Maddow? Tell me they wouldn't do that to their loyal (NYSE: DIN) shareholders — no, surely not. Ah, but they did, and most interestingly, just at the time they're changing CEOs.

Perhaps the board of directors was less than enamored of the departing fellow (an oil industry exec)'s recently ill advised and short-lived menu-bending surgical change from IHOP to IHOb, the International House of burgers. Talk about serious post-operative complications — the surgery fails to take, and you lose your Daddy? Whose big idea it all was? Good grief! That's hard to take even without your already suffering from menu-assignment issues.

Luckily for me, in our town, Chick-fil-A is directly across the street from IHOP. Guess I'll just have to eat an early lunch instead of a late breakfast from now on. As an added benefit, that will save me the hassle of waiting in those long, unruly lines of IHOb burger aficionados. IHOP, and, by the way, its Applebee's restaurants, as well, can kiss my bucks goodbye. And you can bet your bucks, just as with Dick's, Target, and Kellogg's, I won't be back anytime soon, likely ever.

*W: Whatever...

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't been in an IHOP for years. Service sucks and their food is pure sugar crap. Apple Bes is too noisy for a quit meal. So I seldom go there.

Now I won't.

Here's the thing, Lefties always tell us the Corporations are just in it for profit. Social responsibility is never a consideration. And yet, when we have so many examples of Corporate activism left and right, they are silent.

Tucker Carlson has a broad audience of good numbers. Walking away from that exposure hurts IHOP and Applebee's more than it does Tucker. And now I can pleasure in the knowledge that I don't have to see their frankly dumb commercials when watching my favorite news opinion show.

On the other hand, we must now endure more commercials for My Pillow.

Bannedjoe

I'm not certain how a chain can have consistently bad service.
You might be forced to think it's regionally just with the local labor pool, but phenomenally it's not.

In some cases if a product is good, I may overlook how they feel about things on a political level.
But IHOP blows on so many levels.
After my last experience with them, never again.

One time an applebee's manager came to my table to explain it was against their health policies to serve me a rare steak.

Haven't been back since.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not certain how a chain can have consistently bad service.
You might be forced to think it's regionally just with the local labor pool, but phenomenally it's not.

In some cases if a product is good, I may overlook how they feel about things on a political level.
But IHOP blows on so many levels.
After my last experience with them, never again.

One time an applebee's manager came to my table to explain it was against their health policies to serve me a rare steak.

Haven't been back since.

The applebee's manager probably doesn't know the difference between a rare steak and a rare hamburger when considering the danger of e-coli. I used to love my hamburgers pink in the middle until the rise of e-coli many yrs ago.
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last time I went to IHOP, it sucked.
Time before that, I saw ants crawling in a line up the wall where all the syrups were sitting against the wall in our both.
The waitress says, would you like to move?
Lol seriously???
So she moves us to another booth by the windows, walks back to get a wet rag and wipes what ants she could see off the other wall!
When we went to leave, gal at the register asks if everything was ok.
Nooooo, you have ants, we had to move, little girl back there wiped them off the wall.
I got 10% discount.
No IHOP close to here, so nope, won't travel to go to one.
Applebee's is loud because of the bar inside.
Their food isn't what it used to be.
I'll stick to Mom and Pop restaurants and chains I trust.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Last time I went to IHOP, it sucked.
Time before that, I saw ants crawling in a line up the wall where all the syrups were sitting against the wall in our both.
The waitress says, would you like to move?
Lol seriously???
So she moves us to another booth by the windows, walks back to get a wet rag and wipes what ants she could see off the other wall!
When we went to leave, gal at the register asks if everything was ok.
Nooooo, you have ants, we had to move, little girl back there wiped them off the wall.
I got 10% discount.
No IHOP close to here, so nope, won't travel to go to one.
Applebee's is loud because of the bar inside.
Their food isn't what it used to be.
I'll stick to Mom and Pop restaurants and chains I trust.

I agree, haven't been to either one in years, let the libs eat shit!

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Isn't it funny how the DumpsterCrats just keep wanting to pluck that chicken?
And to go off topic......
Remember the song as a kid, my spelling may be off here - Alluetta...
Translated, the song is about pulling feathers out of chicken.