• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Custom motorcycle seat ordered because my butt hurts :-(

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So I have about a 2 hour maximum toleration time before the screaming butt pain starts with the standard seat.

I tired to just get used to it.

Bought some Moto-Skiveez padded motorcycle underwear to see if those would help, they do, but not enough.

I tried to tough it out.

I thought maybe I was just a crybaby and needed to ride more and the seat would soften up or form fit to my rear end.

A thousand +++ miles on this bike and the stock seat is still a pain in the butt.

Broke down and sent my credit card information, pledged my first born son, and filled out a second mortgage for a brand spanking new Corbin seat. Hoping this helps. I ordered mine in black leather, black trim, black stitching. There are Honda forums and people tend to really like the Corbin seats so I'm hoping that it does the trick. It would be nice to take a 2 hour ride and not have to crawl off the bike in pain while looking like an arthritic 80 year old man who just had a bad visit to the proctologist.

Corbin seats => http://corbin.com

There are a few other brands that make seats for my model of Honda. Most get good reviews, some more than others. Corbin seems to be the favored brand by most. I like that they don't use the original seat pan as some of the other brands just put new foam over the old seat pan. Corbin uses their own seat pan shape so with any luck my butt will fit that better!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Have you looked into air hawk seat pads? I had one topped with a sheepskin liner to save my touche. It helped

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I did look at the AirHawks but they raise the seats higher than stock. The seat on the Honda NC750x is known as a butt torture device. And the adventure style bikes are already pretty tall. I can barely flat foot the bike now at a stop. I opted for a custom seat, which is highly praised on some of the Honda sites, to keep the stock seat height.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a good choice then. For me being 6'3, I always needed a higher seat for the legroom so an air hawk seat was a welcome addition for both my butt and my legs.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a good choice then. For me being 6'3, I always needed a higher seat for the legroom so an air hawk seat was a welcome addition for both my butt and my legs.

Canadian eh!!!

I have a 33" inseam.

The Honda NC750x has a 32.7" seat height. So I can flat foot it comfortably at a stop but I can't raise my butt off the seat at a stop.

My wife's NC700x is the same bike dimensionally and I bought a lowering kit for her bike and had it lowered down about 2", she still can't flat foot the bike but its down low enough that she is far more comfortable/confident at a stop.

When looking for a seat I wanted to preserve the seat height, give or take only an inconsequential dimensional difference. The Corbin gives me a wider seat pan with a slightly different shape that I'm HOPING will be more comfortable. Reviews seem to indicate it is a good choice.

Russel Day Long Saddles are another good option, but the shape tends to make it harder to flat foot at a stop because it's wider. There are a few others that get somewhat positive reviews.