• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GMC's new built in step tailgate.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Up at the mall today on my way to the grocery store and saw the local GMC dealer had some new 2019 redesigned pickups on display. The only thing that really caught my eye was this tailgate. Rather ingenious to say the least.

At $57,000 and this one is NOT even the Denali, I figured I would pass and keep the old Ranger running a while longer.

BTW, those are my shopping bags in the back of the truck. Old TR made himself right at home. :yum:

gmc tailgate.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty interesting but for that price I’ll pass.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Bells and whistles, bells and whistles!! That tailgate looks like something to go wrong and cost $$$ to fix. I noticed Ram now has a self opening tailgate and some are being recalled because they seem to want to open on their own.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Bells and whistles, bells and whistles!! That tailgate looks like something to go wrong and cost $$$ to fix. I noticed Ram now has a self opening tailgate and some are being recalled because they seem to want to open on their own.
Mike

Two things that struck me is what a rust proofing nightmare that thing is in the rust belt and I'll bet in an accident that thing would cost at least 5 grand once painted, put together and installed judging from the way things cost today.

Not for me. A short step ladder is much cheaper. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess it is more then just a step, but still................

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET9FTUhNwoQ"]How The 2019 GMC Sierra's MultiPro Tailgate Works - YouTube[/ame]

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What was wrong with the steps in the bumper. They're still visible in the video so this big step seems redundant.