• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Uninsured driver hit my PARKED pick-up truck

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn

Pretty sure uninsured drivers only get a ticket in my state. I know I'm stuck with the repair bill.

My wife drove it and it was parked ON one of my properties. Not on the edge or in front of, but actually in the driveway. He backed into it.

I was at the fencing club, found out about it after I got home.

The lovely Mrs_Bob made him cry. :thumbup:

Attachments

• WPTe9ITTSWmarpuYlIzdgQ.jpg
    WPTe9ITTSWmarpuYlIzdgQ.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Zh7th4n%QXOx6tpWygiVnA.jpg
    Zh7th4n%QXOx6tpWygiVnA.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 131
  • o7m0EY+eRGeUUxgo441fZg.jpg
    o7m0EY+eRGeUUxgo441fZg.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 133

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds to me like you need to press trespassing charges on the culprit. :wink:

Nothing like taking a little revenge to make the bill for the damages mean something.

Regards, Kirk

loboloco

You might be able to sue in small claims court and get a judgement against him. Doubt you'll ever collect though.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Been there. Done that. I got screwed. My insurance covered my losses and my rates went up. The uninsured motorist? He can rot in hell for all care.

We pay for our insurance and for their's too. God bless America.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ohio offers uninsured motorist coverage for this situation. If an uninsured motorist hits you and you do not have that additional rider on your policy it's tough shit. Seems like a way to collect more money from the majority of customers of which only a small percentage will ever get hit by an uninsured motorist. Such if life.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There may be a proverbial pot of gold at the end of this tunnel. Turns out I know this guy's employer and, while this was not a work related accident, it looks like I might get a bit of help from the employer to make the guy cough up some $$$ for repairs.

doesn't uninsured motorist cover that?

Yes, but there is still the deductible and the hassles of being without a vehicle. I have plenty of other cars to drive, so I can get around, but that is the only vehicle I have that can actually haul more than a trunk's worth of stuff

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
GOOD NEWS

I'm getting my truck fixed :thumbup:

The guy who hit the truck is paying the whole bill. Truck goes into the shop on Monday morning, should be ready to be picked up on Tuesday afternoon. His boss, a guy I happen to know pretty well, applied a bit of pressure and, just like magic everything got arranged.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
GOOD NEWS

I'm getting my truck fixed :thumbup:

The guy who hit the truck is paying the whole bill. Truck goes into the shop on Monday morning, should be ready to be picked up on Tuesday afternoon. His boss, a guy I happen to know pretty well, applied a bit of pressure and, just like magic everything got arranged.

:thumb: