• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Illinois State Police "Ghost White" camouflaged cruiser

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Even people who support the police can see this is an obvious ploy to extract more speeding ticket money from the pockets of drivers.

This vehicle will go into service on the Illinois Tollway system soon, it was paid for by Illinois Tollway collection funds and, at least for now, will be limited to cruising their toll road system looking for speeders and other non-conformists. If you look closely you can see the Illinois Tollway authority logo in front of the taillight.

I see nothing good coming from this other than greater mistrust of the police :hammer:

I've seen some BLACK & DARK GREY police vehicles in my area that are marked up similar to this one and are used for traffic/speeding "control". I have problems with those too as they are clearly trying to deceive.

By the way, in most states there are different laws for how you must respond to "unmarked" versus "marked" police vehicles. If this came up behind you you saw some flashing lights and didn't see the other "markings" would you think this was an officer?

WOULD YOU HAVE REASONABLE DOUBT?

THOUGHTS ON THIS?

Will these types of vehicles increase DISTRUST in the police, even among police supporters?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 11.35.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 11.35.11 AM.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 144

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
We have black ones here, with the letters in a SLIGHTLY different shade of black.

TIRES... Look at the tires.
I can spot them a block away

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have black ones here, with the letters in a SLIGHTLY different shade of black.

TIRES... Look at the tires.
I can spot them a block away

Sure from the side.

But not in the rear view mirror.

One of the local high crime towns has the Black/Dark Grey vehicles in my area. I see them every once in a while when I travel THROUGH that town. I do not see how these types of vehicles increase trust in the police departments.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Our town did the white-on-white on one of their vehicles (a F-150 truck). It didn't last long since nobody took the truck seriously. It's now bold blue lettering on the white truck.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Cruise the Illinois Tollway, looking for speeders? Very few cars are traveling less than 20 over. Does not take an unmarked car to catch them. Heck, I've blew past regular white/yellow troopers cars at 80 with no issue. Along with everyone else.