• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cops give guy $117 ticket for singing in his car

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
They don't even let me sing in church, can't imagine how big the fine would be if I got caught singing in the car but I suspect it would dwarf the $117 fine this guy got for singing in his car.

But should the police even be issuing tickets for people who sing while driving?

Granted this happened north of the USA in Canada where they apparently don't appreciate happy drivers singing along to their favorite music? :flagcan:

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/23...verybody-dance-now/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

Cop gives driver $117 ticket — for singing
"Did you scream loudly?" "No, I was just listening to my favorite song."

Greg Rasa

Montreal police gave a motorist a $117 ticket after pulling him over in late September. His alleged crime: Loudly singing the 1990s, um, classic, "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)" by C+C Music Factory.

It's unclear if the nature of the violation was a matter of volume, repertoire choice, or stylistic interpretation. It appears to be the first thing, but it could've been a clean sweep.

Taoufik Moalia, 38, a father of two, told CBC News Montreal he was motoring along, singing, when he saw flashing lights. And then four(!) Montreal officers approached his car to ask what he was doing. He said, "Nothing." To which he says they replied, "Did you scream loudly?"

"No, I was just listening to my favorite song," Moalla recalled saying. And then here is where he may have hurt his situation: "I repeated, 'Everybody dance now!'"

The cops' response was a $149 ($117 U.S.) ticket for "screaming in public."

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
music is so gorgeous, & singing is almost some kind of de-stressor....... dammit, i luv to sing-- singing lifts ur spirits & is harmless, if u keep ur eyes driving-- shame on those cops-- fer shame; singing is not, to my knowledge, a crime-- they sing during Mass!! i don't know of God arresting us 4 that--

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Th0nak God my windows are closed when I listen to Bocelli in the car. God I must sound horrible, but with volume up I sound just like him to myself!