• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Automotive rant a la Rusty

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
OK after a discussion with a fellow car nut I realize that what we have here is enraging. I am going to put down 4 images of 2011 sedans with the identifying emblems covered. Can the untrained eye tell the difference? Didn't think so! Hell, I can barely tell the difference of these cars on the road, and I am a car nut by trade!!! The only 'new' vehicle Ford had released in the past 5 years I actually like is the Flex. I am getting the shits of this combine-circles-with-angles crap that all the new cars are looking like these days, and that's ALL cars, every manufacturer. Now I'm not saying we need to go back to 1983 where everything was made with right-angles, but come on, FFS, pick a theme and go with it. Stop combining 3 frickin designs into one giant optical illusion of a hunk of metal and plastic. PLEASE!

Attachments

• taurus.jpg
    taurus.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 92
  • accord.jpg
    accord.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 94
  • genesis.jpg
    genesis.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 93
  • camry.jpg
    camry.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 93

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Time was there actually was a difference under the skin as well.

With COLA regs, and the lower value of a car as your "badge" of social esteem, there has been little reason to set oneself apart.

And then there is the cost difference involved in setting oneself apart.

After all, a car is just a Prole's form transportation to work, right?

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Time was there actually was a difference under the skin as well.

With COLA regs, and the lower value of a car as your "badge" of social esteem, there has been little reason to set oneself apart.

And then there is the cost difference involved in setting oneself apart.

After all, a car is just a Prole's form transportation to work, right?

I guess that's the thinking. I don't like it.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
That's why I like German cars. At least they have soul. And they tend to be pioneers, even though new technology in its infancy hurts their overall "quality" rating by consumers digest.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Rusty, this has been a gripe of mine for years.

When all the manufacturers are trying to end up at the same place, they have to take the same road and end up looking exactly alike.