• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Model Railroad Open Houses DE - MD - PA - NJ

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• model_rr.jpg
    model_rr.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 62

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I love toy trains!!!

We set up a Garden Scale train set at Christmas, is 1:32 scale. I wish we had room for a permanent display. My stuff is designed for indoor or outdoor use, but I never bothered to build an outdoor area and I don't have room indoors.

Still, they've always been something that I find fascinating.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, in model railroad circles this statement is very politically incorrect. :hide:

Yes, I know it is a 'serious' hobby. It is 'modeling' to those who build the big set ups. For me I just like to play with mechanical toys. My set is all Marklin brand stuff. http://www.marklin.com/scales/maxi/difference.html Its technically called 1 Gauge. I don't have too many production pieces, probably 90% of the cars and engines I have are dealer display cars, limited edition pieces, insider club pieces, etc. I'm not into technical accuracy, or any of that type of stuff. For me I'm happy to run the train around and have the engine crash into Snowball while he barks and tries to catch it.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
When I was a little guy I had a Lionel set. I played with it so much dad would tell me he would have to buy 2 power paks per year cause I would burn them out. Someday when I have money I will start something.

Tractors4u

Site Supporter
I tell my kids that when I was a kid that there were certain things every boy got sometime or another in their childhood (of course I have girls). Slot car set, BB gun, go kart, and a train set. One year I got a Lionel Burlington Northern set and the next year my brother got a Tyco Chatanooga Choo Choo that made smoke. My dad took a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood, painted it green and let up have at it. We painted roads, made most of the buildings for it ourselves. We had many hours of fun with that set. We both still have the engines and the cars.

Gatorboy

There are two open houses this weekend that are less than 4 miles from my house. So, these are just regular folk opening their house up for us to come over and check out their trains?

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
There are two open houses this weekend that are less than 4 miles from my house. So, these are just regular folk opening their house up for us to come over and check out their trains?

If this is the case.....
:nopics: