• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Went to the dark-side

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I went and did it. I went to the dark side. I [icked up a 1994 BMW E36 Convertible 5 speed. 120,000 on the clock. Previous owner spent a bunch of money on appearance items to make it look like an M3, even though no M3 was made in 1994. White, tan interior, and with some engine computer mods. Runs damn nice.

I'd post picks, but while I was checking the suspension out with my phone in my back pocket, I broke the screen. Won't be fixed till Tuesday. I'll post pix then.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd post picks, but while I was checking the suspension out with my phone in my back pocket, I broke the screen. Won't be fixed till Tuesday. I'll post pix then.

That sucks.. I look forward to those pics.

Regards, Kirk

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing "dark" about going to a BMW. Fine examples of automotive art and engineering.

Congrats!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing "dark" about going to a BMW. Fine examples of automotive art and engineering.

Congrats!
Agreed. I bought an E39 2003 530i a couple years back. Same color config (white with tan leather). Man is that thing fun to drive.

If you're not already a member, I'd suggest you take a look at or join http://www.bimmerfest.com
Like most auto forum sites, you mainly see the bad things about the vehicle but don't let it get to you.

Here's mine.

Attachments

• BMW25.jpg
    BMW25.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 155
  • BMW09.jpg
    BMW09.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 153
  • BMW12.jpg
    BMW12.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 151

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Agreed. I bought an E39 2003 530i a couple years back. Same color config (white with tan leather). Man is that thing fun to drive.

If you're not already a member, I'd suggest you take a look at or join http://www.bimmerfest.com
Like most auto forum sites, you mainly see the bad things about the vehicle but don't let it get to you.

Here's mine.

Very nice.

I am a member of the Chrysler Crossfire Forum. I know, most of the posts are about problems.

Here's one of mine

Thanks for the link. Before I ever get a Bimmer, I'll look there.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
No Hardtop with it. Don't plan on driving it in anything other than sunny days.
I tried that bimmerfest site - horrible speed and neither in firefox or IE can I get evry far in before it really slows down. So I just read posts.

Had a battery drain - turns out the idiot that installed the aftermarket head unit, well, was an idiot.

Going to get a new set of rubber tomorrow.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What kind of tires are you going to get? I highly recommend the Pirelli P7's.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Continetal DWS. 225 45 x17.
They didn't have them, have an apt at Belle tire Thu 10am.
I used these tires on the E430, the C240, and now this one.
I like them.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Today I tried to register into beemerfest and it took about 15 seconds to complete it and post a couple things.
Something was really screwy the other day.
They still don't have my screen for the phone, so no pix to post yet.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose now that you are a BMW driver you have already forgotten how to use turn signals :boxing:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bet it rides better than my ‘67 Jeepster

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Today installed a new hood pad and used all new "rivets" to hold it in place, replaced a cracked and taped hose between the MAF and TB, replaced front rotors with EBC black slotted, rotor retainers screws, put on Akebono pads, new anti rattle clips, and a new wear sensor.
Applied Rain-X to the windshield.

Didn't receive all the front end stuff yet. Have new Lemfoerder lower controls arms complete, end bushings and brackets, sway bar links. Awaiting tie rod assemblies both sides.

Put in some new black OEM floor mats, black. They had tan floor mats; they will not stay tan long.
Installed new struts for the trunk lid.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
This weekend replaced the lower control arms, the bushings and brackets they go into, the sway bar links, replaced the hood struts, and installed the license plate that finally showed up.
PLNVNLA

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Are there going to be any original parts left on the car when you are done fixing it? :unsure:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Nah, I want it as new as possible.

Next weekend, or maybe on vacation one day - I bought ebc rear slotted rotors, akebono pads, new parking brake pads and all new hardware.

Then while I have all that stuff off, I'll scope out all the rear suspension.
I'm guessing all new bushings back there. Seems the rear is way more complex than the front. I'll found out when I can get a good look at it all.

One thing I have found it is Mercedes does a much better job of making things repairable. I thing I needed something like 15 different tools to do the front end. On a benz, it might only be a few. The work was not hard at all, but why so many different sizes. Sheesh.

Upper sway bar link one size. Lower another size. Bracket attaching it all the control arm another. Ball joint one size, pivot joint another. Then the bushing bolts another. The front of the metal engine pan has one size bolts, the rear two another. And on the pan is a small heat guard which takes yet another size.