• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gmc wiper motor

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyone else have problems with their gmc/Chevy wipers slowing down and stopping intermittently? Just happened to ours and after doing some online reading it appears to be a common problem with them every 3-4 years. Seems the cast housing the wiper arm goes into becomes corroded due to lack of lubrication.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Haven’t had the problem here either. Tahoes and Silverados for years usually put 100k on them before trade. 2015 Suburban with 60k and 2007 Silverado with 75k setting in the driveway.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not seen that on any of the cheby trucks I've owned over the past 40 years. I had a 93 stepside until 2011. It had 190k miles on it. Had trouble with the brake lines rusting out due to road salt. Wiper motor never gave me a lick of trouble. Same with my 05 crew cab silverado. Wipers work fine.
You are in the great white north with more extreme weather than most of us. That might be a contributing factor.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's what I was thinking. It's been VERY cold this week. I'm thinking the motor was froze up. I sprayed some wd40 this morning. Fired up the engine and let it warm up. They seem a bit better now. I'm hoping that's all it is.