• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

USS Arizona, Something most don't know

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Having been there, yes, I did know that. It's a very solemn place. They give you a list of protocols to be followed before you go to the site.

Another piece of info on the site. Were you aware the ship is leaking oil? Picture I took when visiting is below. It has been since it sunk and they expect it will continue to leak for years (centuries?). It leaks approx. 2 quarts per day. They believe it has 500,000 gallons still contained in the ship (as 1,000,000 gallons of its load burned on the day it was sunk).

Attachments

• CIMG4172.jpg
    CIMG4172.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 101

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Having been there, yes, I did know that. It's a very solemn place. They give you a list of protocols to be followed before you go to the site.

Another piece of info on the site. Were you aware the ship is leaking oil? Picture I took when visiting is below. It has been since it sunk and they expect it will continue to leak for years (centuries?). It leaks approx. 2 quarts per day. They believe it has 500,000 gallons still contained in the ship (as 1,000,000 gallons of its load burned on the day it was sunk).

They are called "The Tears of the Arizona"