• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hi

radiobob

Hello!

I stumbled upon this forum completely by accident. I frequent several niche forums but I like the idea of a lot of niches on one forum. I think I've found another online home. BTW, my name's Bob, see you in the forum.

Last edited:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello!

I stumbled upon this forum completely by accident. I frequent several niche forums but I like the idea of a lot of niches on one forum. I think I've found another online home. BTW, my name's Bob, see you in the forum.
Howdy and welcome aboard Bob . :tiphat:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to our humble little corner of everything internet. Might I ask aboust your username? Where does the Radio part come from?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't worry about Rusty. He has never seen a working radio.:yum: Welcome to the nut house.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Bob! Welcome to our off topic internet forums!!!! I'm glad you found us.

Enjoy and post often!! :thumb: :D

radiobob

Thank you all very much. Rusty, I used to be a radio talk show host and news anchor. Now I still talk too much and I'm too opinionated (so I'm told) I just don't get paid for it.

Bob

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you all very much. Rusty, I used to be a radio talk show host and news anchor. Now I still talk too much and I'm too opinionated (so I'm told) I just don't get paid for it.

Bob
Really?
Tell us more about that!

How cool.:flowers:
Talk is cheap, and a lot of us here talk too much-:whistling:.. and are opinionated, so you'll fit in very well.:smile:

Lia

Banned
Don't worry about Rusty. He has never seen a working radio.:yum: Welcome to the nut house.

lol, you are outrageous!

Take no notice of him Rusty, one day that sharp tongue of his is gonna cut him up badly... :wink:

Bob, welcome to ff. :flowers:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

Bob

Ahhh, cool! LOL we are all opinionated here, so you should fit in fine. OH! And also, ignore the one they call Muleman. We think he was dropped on his head as a young'un.

At least... 10 or 12 times.

Per day.

:hide:

radiobob

You guys are a hoot. :biggrin:. Thanks for the welcomes. In answer to the question, I used to hos a couple of shows on WPZZ 95.9 in Indianapolis, Indiana, and also read news in the afternoon, and produced several shows too. Then they sold the station and we all got put out on our keesters. did a jazz show for public radio for a while after that. I'd like to get back into it, thinking of starting an outdoors show and a storytellers hour.

Bob

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are a hoot. :biggrin:. Thanks for the welcomes. In answer to the question, I used to hos a couple of shows on WPZZ 95.9 in Indianapolis, Indiana, and also read news in the afternoon, and produced several shows too. Then they sold the station and we all got put out on our keesters. did a jazz show for public radio for a while after that. I'd like to get back into it, thinking of starting an outdoors show and a storytellers hour.

Bob
Thanks for sharing a little about your life Bob , very interesting. :wink:

I dont know why, but after reading your post this little snippet came to mind, one of my all time favorite TV shows. :yum:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST01bZJPuE0"]WKRP Turkey Drop in 30 Seconds - YouTube[/ame]

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter

Bob

No kidding. I have actually always wanted to host a radio show, be it a sports, music, or whatever type of show.

Also, do not feel bad when your intro thread derails. Everyone's does, it's a rite of passage around here. And it's always Cowboy's fault :whistling:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
My mother said I have a face for radio, and many others have agreed. Hope you have a thick skin cuz you're gonna need it. Oh, and help yourself to a cinnamon roll with your coffee. Fresh out of the oven.

P1020727.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
My mother said I have a face for radio, and many others have agreed. Hope you have a thick skin cuz you're gonna need it. Oh, and help yourself to a cinnamon roll with your coffee. Fresh out of the oven.

P1020727.jpg

Dude, you suck. :yum: All I have here is a 3 day old muffin. Them look GOOOOD!!!
*drool*

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome Bob, talk show host huh? well this is a great place to converse and discuss things, though religion and politics can get kinda heated at times, have fun and post often!