• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 1643: WOW!

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Not mine. No affiliation.

I had a lengthy conversation with a Tucker Factory Sales Representative the other day and he told me they had recently acquired an exceptionally nice 1643. I had some questions that I asked, but haven't received the answers yet. I'll post that information when I get it.

For backcountry access, if you want to carry more than four people the 1643 is the "Holy Grail" of the Tucker lineup. They are hard to find, and almost always expensive when you're lucky enough to find one. I've been told the full cab XX43 models made up about 5% of Tucker's production, and when you consider Tucker makes only about 50-100 machines a year, and the rubber belted, front engine models like this were only made for about ten years, the total population that were built is pretty darn small. The odds of finding one in this condition?

Before I post the photos I'll say it really does look incredibly nice, almost "time capsule" condition. This is a 1978 model and back then they came with a tachometer and speedometer/odometer. To me there's a disconnect between the odometer and the hour meter. The hour meter shows 173 hours, and the odometer shows 2,069 miles. Both are remarkably low, but to go 2,069 miles in 173 hours you'd have to average almost exactly 12 MPH. Not realistic. I think maybe half that speed would be more accurate. My suspicion is the hour meter was replaced, and the actual hours are probably twice the 173 shown.

Inquiries should be directed to Tucker.

DSC08712.jpg

DSC08702.jpg

DSC08694.jpg

DSC08705.jpg

DSC08697.jpg

DSC08706.jpg

DSC08707.jpg

PJL

Wow, it looks like new. And... It's not orange.

I'll bet it doesn't last long at $35k.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I had asked Jeff for an under hood photo, and for the engine and transmission information. It is a 318 Chrysler Industrial engine and a New Process 5-speed transmission.

DSC08700.jpg

I'm including this photo because it's so rare to see this. It's the serial number tag on the engine. Tucker stamps this same number on the data plate (located on the right side of the dash panel) with the VIN number and the weight, but with the vast majority of machines when someone is working on the engine and the tag is removed for one reason or another, they never bother to put it back.

DSC08699.jpg