• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New - Tucker 400 and 500 fiberglass pontoons

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the original molds that were used to make fiberglass pontoons, both 400 and 500 series, they are being refinished so new pontoons can be made again, I am going to make several sets for our needs, and the company doing the work asked if I would see if anyone in the tucker sno-cat world would interested in new pontoons.

they will be built to OEM standards of the original pontoons except from carbon fiber, and be ready to paint or use as is with the carbon fiber look, ready to bolt the rails, and on your sno cat.

priced at approx. $2,600.00 each for 400 and $2,900.00 each for 500 series, these prices are from the manufacture, you will pay them directly and they will arrange the shipping. they will come with guarantee for workmanship.

pm me for more info. PP

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
A question for those with more 'know' than me-

Carbon fiber is obviously much stronger than fiberglass, and depending on the weave can have different characteristics designed into the build. But how will it hold up to foreign items that get sucked into the track and pulled around the nose of the pontoon compared to fiberglass?

rdynes01

Carbon fiber handles differently when fabricating with it vs. fiberglass. It has a higher strength to it but may seem brittle when compared to fiberglass. not good for any kind of impact. Plus it can run 2 to 6 times as expensive material wise. I'd hate to see what a carbon fiber Tucker pontoon would cost!....Bob

funtracks

I've always liked the look of the steel pontoons best, never thought twice about wanting fiberglass pontoons. HOWEVER, a set of natural looking carbon fiber pontoons certainly sparks my interest! Can't wait to see the first set installed, and I also vote YES to see them on the hot rod Torpedo!

funtracks

A question for those with more 'know' than me-

Carbon fiber is obviously much stronger than fiberglass, and depending on the weave can have different characteristics designed into the build. But how will it hold up to foreign items that get sucked into the track and pulled around the nose of the pontoon compared to fiberglass?

I'm not replying as an expert, just with observations. I ride a mountian bike that's now 9 years old and seen plenty of "impact". All the carbon fiber parts are still holding together great despite a few character marks. They also use carbon fiber on just about any high performance racing equipment, I think it's a great blend of newer technology and vintage Tucker parts!

Sno-Surfer

Wow, well this is pretty cool! This should help bring a few shoeless Tucker’s out of the woods. I better start saving up. :thumbup:

And thank you Tucker mafia for helping to keep our Tucker’s alive.

vintagebike

Tucker 400 and 500 (real, natural carbon fiber) pontoons

An early prototype from back in the GPB days.:unsure:
IMG_6852.jpg