Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Entertainment Forum (TV, Movies, Books, Music & Celebrity gossip)

Old 08-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 6,863 Times in 2,973 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about
Default New Star Trek series will feature a returning Patrick Steward as Capt Picard

In the timeline the series will apparently take place after Star Trek: The Next Generation. Its not going to be a continuation of T.N.G. but a new series that takes place at some point in time after T.N.G.

Sadly it appears that it will only be available on the CBS All Access pay/premium channel.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/sta...ss-1202895410/

and

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/statu...40545216823296

Here is part of the story, for the FULL story go to the first link above;
Quote:
Sir Patrick Stewart will reprise the role of Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in a brand new “Star Trek” series on CBS All Access, Variety has learned.

The exact plot details are being kept mostly under wraps, though the series is said to tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life. That indicates that it will take place after the events of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” rather than being a prequel or reboot.

The untitled series hails from Alex Kurtzman, James Duff, Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, and Kirsten Beyer. Kurtzman, Duff, Goldsman, and Chabon will also serve as executive producers on the series along with Stewart, Trevor Roth, Heather Kadin, and Rod Roddenberry. CBS Television Studios will produce. The new series does not currently have a premiere date.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation,’ but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with ‘Star Trek’ had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.”

“During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how ‘The Next Generation’ brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he continued. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

Stewart played Picard throughout “Next Generation’s” seven season run as well as in four “Star Trek” films. He is repped by ICM, Independent Talent Group, and Anonymous Content.

News of the series order comes less than two months after it was reported that CBS TV Studios was developing multiple shows set in the “Star Trek” universe. Other shows that were reported to be in development at that time include one set at Starfleet Academy from creators Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz as well as a limited series based around the “Wrath of Khan” story.

The studio also announced that they had signed Kurtzman to a new five-year overall deal that will see him supervise the expansion of CBS’ “Star Trek” franchise.

Attached Images

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melensdad For This Useful Post:
Doc  (08-06-2018), jim slagle  (08-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Resident Prick

Thanked 10,010 Times in 3,899 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Star Trek series will feature a returning Patrick Steward as Capt Picard

Star Trek - The Geriatric Generation.
Catavenger (08-06-2018), Doc  (08-06-2018), jim slagle  (08-05-2018), Melensdad  (08-05-2018), pirate_girl (08-05-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 01:26 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 2,728 Times in 1,314 Posts
EastTexFrank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Star Trek series will feature a returning Patrick Steward as Capt Picard

Hey TR, there are only 2 things in this world that I hold as sacrosanct … the Constitution of the United States and Star Trek. Venture further at your peril. I'm only kidding … kinda.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.” John Wayne as JB Books in "The Shootist".
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EastTexFrank For This Useful Post:
Danang Sailor (08-08-2018), Doc  (08-06-2018), jim slagle  (08-06-2018), TiredRetired (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 11:09 AM
Resident Prick

Thanked 10,010 Times in 3,899 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexFrank View Post
Hey TR, there are only 2 things in this world that I hold as sacrosanct … the Constitution of the United States and Star Trek. Venture further at your peril. I'm only kidding … kinda.
Hahahahaha, yeah, there are many out there that enjoy these franchises. I have to admit there was a time I found Klingon women rather intriguing. Even that has passed now.
jim slagle  (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Silver Member

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,149 Posts
Catavenger will become famous soon enoughCatavenger will become famous soon enough

Never like Picard, believe it or not I like the prequel "Enterprise."
It kind of explained more of what happened and it kind of explained why people (like McCoy didn't like Vulcans.

But if they want a new Star Trek make it new not just a rehash with the same characters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Catavenger For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 6,863 Times in 2,973 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about

I was a fan of Deep Space 9, which was contemporary to The Next Generation and also to Voyager. Really enjoyed the prequel Enterprise too, sadly it didn't last long enough.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melensdad For This Useful Post:
Catavenger (08-10-2018), jim slagle  (08-06-2018)