• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Vermont Bombardier

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just read his add, I want a copy of "the book"

It would help me convince my wife that my exaggerations of value are credible......
on a side note:
I do think that is a great price for a SW that doesnt appear to need much.
although a great way to sell a bad diff is to make it not run... Like cutting a rope off a chainsaw recoil, "it ran great then the rope broke" by saw cheap, fix rope and then find out the piston has a hole, bearing on crank is bad, seals are junk ect.......

time for mike to look away......

Okanagan

I feel ya, redsqwrl.

How many times have I been burned by intentional "obfuscation"?! (aka; vague and veiled descriptions intended to distract attention away from more serious underlying known defects.)

Such nonsense creates suspicion and wariness that puts a real damper on legitimate commerce between honest, well-meaning, decent folks with hard earned money to spend, and good deals get missed as a result.

I can understand that selling a worn out machine requires a certain type of buyer... one who is willing to assume the risk (or the tasks ahead) providing the price justifies it, but trying to divest oneself of a dog by intentionally and cleverly avoiding disclosure is just plain wrong.

No matter what I'm buying used, I see red flags pop up when sellers are reluctant to answer probing questions with reasonable clarity, consistent explanations, and a sufficient number of photos to support their statements.

I've learned to avoid those who won't work with me toward closing a deal. These are the ones who reply with one-word answers, ridiculously pixelated or far-off images, and who make claims which fly in the face of simple logic and clear evidence to the contrary. They may know they've got a true gem and are asking a fair price, but I need to be reasonably assured that such is the case so I don't get hosed yet again.

Ironically, only yesterday I had one guy on the other side of the continent tell me; "Just trust me, I only sell good machines", but refused to tell me what I'd get for my money. The guy doesn't even have an internet connection and protested when I asked to be sent a pic or two! Maybe he's honest and indeed does have a lovingly refurbished collection of machines he's getting rid of... who knows?

Anyone can say anything they want... and often do nowadays.

But I do know this: The pursuit of profit knows no bounds.

Alas, Caveat Emptor.