• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lower-48 Snow-Trac on eBay

teledawg

Here is a big-wheel 3-band Snow-Trac on eBay in the lower-48:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sno-trac-/321726801823?rmvSB=true

$_57.JPG

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well it was at $1.25.

I bit $700. My bid was too low.

Here is the seller info:
This is a 1970 snow trac completely redone by my grandfather everything you can think of has been redone and in excellent condition. Has 4 cylinder Volkswagen engine that runs great

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Somethings not right. I owned # 921 & 922, and they were both Trac Masters, 4 belt. This is a Snow Trac, 3 belt? It also does not jive with the production chart. It would have had 5 bolt wheels and only a big rear tire?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, now I see, that's not the number pof the machine, that's teledogs machine!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Now just north of $2000.00 with 3 days to go.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
MR LIBERTY ... Saw that photo, was hoping for something clearer/more detail, there are lots of wires hanging and stuff on the left side that I'm trying to figure out.

MBSIEG ... how the heck did it end up in Manhatten, IL??? That is a few counties west of where I live and because of the lake they get very little snowfall (compared to where I live and the counties east of me)

It looks like a pretty decent SnoTrac but then none of the pics are real clear. I am always amazed how a picture will make something look real nice and then when you see it in person all the flaws become very evident.

I would say wiring was not the re furbishers strong suit. It looks like a couple of electric defroster fans have been installed below each widow and are possibly plugged into cigarette style plug ins on the dash...very interesting.

Over $6000 now, I say it ends up selling for $8500ish

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
MR LIBERTY ... Saw that photo, was hoping for something clearer/more detail, there are lots of wires hanging and stuff on the left side that I'm trying to figure out.

MBSIEG ... how the heck did it end up in Manhatten, IL??? That is a few counties west of where I live and because of the lake they get very little snowfall (compared to where I live and the counties east of me)

I asked the guy if he has anymore pics available of the interior, ro maybe a youtube vid. See if he answers.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
No idea Bob. I do not know him, or anything about the sno trac. Have a buddy little west of me here that owns 4 already I call him a horder... lol He has bid up until over 7k almost 8 and said he has not met the reserve yet. As you guys also I am worried about the wiring in the pictures. I think it will go in the high 10's. with better pics and a nice paint job who knows maybe 12k+. My opinion the st4 are worth more then the st4b. The wide tracks are not needed for most and a hindrance when trying to drive them in low or no snow conditions. location is the key. I have seen guys drop 15k local here for junk. A rough 601 needing tracks just went for 22,500$ I just do not get the prices.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
At $6100.00 now.

Is it my eyes or does it look narrowed? More pics are on ebay now
I don't think so.

The guy e-mailed me back and said he posted more pics on e-bay, still not very good pics though. :ermm:
I sent a request askinf for pictures, never got an answer, but he posted most of the photos I asked for. Too bad the pictures are horrible. I'd like to see under the hood too.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the reserve was 10k. Was just saying to another forum member the prices of these sno tracs have gone through the roof. We will see how high does it go???
Does the soft top increase or decrease the price? I am going with decrease. Buts that's my opinion. The owner that buys this cat is going to get a big surprise when they pick it up... check the pictures very closely please

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
So earlier this afternoon the bid was up to 10k. Now when I check its reserve has not been met and down below 8k. So someone retracted there bids?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok I am not loosing my mind did not think it was possible.

Attachments

• retracted.jpg
    retracted.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 584

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Auction ended without a sale.

Didn't meet the reserve.

Auction reached just a shade over $7800.00

I would suspect it will be re-listed.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
maybe it will get listed correctly next time. a search for snow trac didn't even bring it up.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like the reserve was 10k. Was just saying to another forum member the prices of these sno tracs have gone through the roof. We will see how high does it go???
Does the soft top increase or decrease the price? I am going with decrease. Buts that's my opinion. The owner that buys this cat is going to get a big surprise when they pick it up... check the pictures very closely please

What did you see?

Other than the narrow back end (where the track appears very close to the tub)

I studied pretty hard.

Also FWIWorth.

I would be willing to bet the machine is the Upper edddy creek CL machine that was posted earlier (or what ever town was) it was in PA.??
sellers other items are unique to a estate seller.

$.02
Mike

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it might have been a "small wheel" converted to a "big wheel" machine.

The body panels in the rear look like the older design that was used mostly on the "small wheel" machines.

Leadejon

GOLD Site Supporter
My bid was at $7700 it was quite a bit lower before I got into it. I just couldn't stand to see it go any cheaper. I messaged him today, I thought it would have been relisted by now.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I asked him what parts he had and this is what I got.
"Two new carbs track parts and wheels and other things"