• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ICE !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Man , I can see a bad accident waiting to happen around here today . ICE is everywhere . Ground is a solid sheet of the stuff . One miss step and you are goind down . How do you say broken hip ??? :unsure:
Time to dig out my ice shoes for awhile .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Man , I can see a bad accident waiting to happen around here today . ICE is everywhere . Ground is a solid sheet of the stuff . One miss step and you are goind down . How do you say broken hip ??? :unsure:
Time to dig out my ice shoes for awhile .

The safest thing to do on ice covered days is sit by the fire with a cigarr and an alcoholic beverage.

Why chance a broken hip?

Sitting in an ER,,,,Paper work to fill out,,,,,,, Questions to answer.....:hammer:.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The safest thing to do on ice covered days is sit by the fire with a cigarr and an alcoholic beverage.

Why chance a broken hip?

Sitting in an ER,,,,Paper work to fill out,,,,,,, Questions to answer.....:hammer:.

I gotta go start my new job ! I am starting today on rebuilding a house that caught on fire . Giving it a chance to warm up a couple degrees first.

First order of business is to build them a new 10 x 20 shed to store all the house belonging in . That should take 1 1/2 days . Movers are coming in on friday .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice cleats are the best thing since sliced bread on an icy day!

I also love me some vbar chains on the truck! ;)

Leni

Be careful Big Al. I remember the ice thing when I went skiing. Once I hit a patch, my feet went out from under me, and I slid halfway down the mountain.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i just shot tire studds in to a pair of boots they work pretty good as long as there is no snow on top of the ice get some snow than the studds won't dig in.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ice cleats are the best thing since sliced bread on an icy day!

I also love me some vbar chains on the truck! ;)

Yep !! These things are about the best investment I ever made . They work with every pair of shoes I have . Takes about 2 seconds to put them on . We purchased a set for both the wife and myself when we moved here . They work great !!!
Worn then all day and no discomfort at all .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a set that slips on like a pair of rubbers over your boots. Just don't forget and wear them inside the house. They are hard on floors.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
have they got she-boot cleats~ tired of salt & searcing fer a path through piles of snow-plow uck, my block in a layer of snow, to the sections of street clear except of black ice. my boots function until temp. flucuates too much & stuff gets slippey.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
hey Al, we want pics this ice didn't happen with out pic's.maybe you could pose in position while apearing to fall.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, Al, is all your ice covered well w/ snow by now?? I see on the sat map the front is right over you. We're supposed to get it tomorrow and Sat.
Mike