• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Krusty Lovers...

utahwilson

actually looks like it is running...$3300.

Attachments

• 17625280.jpg
    17625280.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 346

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i can't believe it a krusty being used for more than a conversation piece in a garage

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
With all the love and comraderie shown towards bathtubs, I am afraid to inquire about it. Generally when I inquire with a seller, things follow me home. I am not sure I want to be target of all this love towards Kristy's. these are brake steer machines correct? and those x-crossed handles some how put the tracks up and down?

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
thats cool to see one of them still running if that's a 356 porsch motor in it it's worth every penny of the 3 grand he wants for it if i had th emoney i would snatch it up to get the motor for a rebuildable core

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i will let Big Al explain i have never seen one move it's self usualy they are in someones yard with trees growing around them or in Big Al's shop at about 90% restored with with some kind of banter about this thing will whoop your snot trac

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
How do these propel themselves the motor appears sideways.

Belt drive?

Mike, have you ever wound a rubber band. Notice how it will bend back on its self
sideways? the Krusty uses the super secret technology to propell its way through the tallest of mountains and the deepest of drifts. That is why Big Al likes these he gets all wound up and heads out to garage and sits in his. :p,:-X,O:)

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No love at all. Al my mother told me that we only pick on people we like.... You are liked a lot. :cool:

Al You can pm me to avoid the snickers. but I see from the kristy site that they have Multiple ranges and gears.
top speed of 20
they can pull a 2000 rated load,

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
No love at all. Al my mother told me that we only pick on people we like.... You are liked a lot. :cool:

Al You can pm me to avoid the snickers. but I see from the kristy site that they have Multiple ranges and gears.
top speed of 20
we all love Al he is just like Rodney Dangerfield " no respect, norespect at all'

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

top speed of 20

The kristi have 8 forward gears I believe . I would have to look at my KT3 to be sure . Its been awhile ......:sad:

I have not seen a Kristy that could do 20 miles and hour unless it was down hill towing a Snot Tract or Puckered Tucker :biggrin:.
Not sure they could pull a 2000 pound load but I have seen them pulling snow grooming equipment. The transmission in a KT3 is all Kristi built and if you break it ,parts are hard to find .

The tilt system works from hydrualic rams front and rear . You can level the body for running sidehill without worry of spilling your Mai Tai :w00t2:.
They have been known to throw exhaust fumes in the cab and this can be fixed by building a better exhaust header set up , as i did on my KT3 rebuild that I posted .

Still , its much better than riding around in a "crushed tin can" (Snot Trac) made for a 4'3" midget .:wink:

utahwilson

The kristi have 8 forward gears I believe . I would have to look at my KT3 to be sure . Its been awhile ......:sad:

I have not seen a Kristy that could do 20 miles and hour unless it was down hill towing a Snot Tract or Puckered Tucker :biggrin:.
Not sure they could pull a 2000 pound load but I have seen them pulling snow grooming equipment. The transmission in a KT3 is all Kristi built and if you break it ,parts are hard to find .

The tilt system works from hydrualic rams front and rear . You can level the body for running sidehill without worry of spilling your Mai Tai :w00t2:.
They have been known to throw exhaust fumes in the cab and this can be fixed by building a better exhaust header set up , as i did on my KT3 rebuild that I posted .

Still , its much better than riding around in a "crushed tin can" (Snot Trac) made for a 4'3" midget .:wink:

I would agree on the "crushed tin can" not a lot of room at all in the trackmaster.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Kristi Snowcats are HYDRAULIC drive. No shifter. The levers control the tracks. They also have a tilt control so you can lower one side and raise the other side and traverse slopes. Very ingenious machines they are.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
i will let Big Al explain i have never seen one move it's self usualy they are in someones yard with trees growing around them or in Big Al's shop at about 90% restored with with some kind of banter about this thing will whoop your snot trac
They move? :yum:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Holy hell there is no end I usually need to meet someone face to face before I tie into them.... I am jonesing for something different. This thing is starting to sound like fun Just to keep the jousting going. I am intrigued by the platform. Juice drive + hydraulic cylinders + (has to be a chain in there somehere) = different. No brake steer?
Here is my attempt at sarcasim. searching isn't turning up much about running specimens.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually in all honesty the Kristi machines are technologically very interesting.

Yes, there is a "chain in there somewhere" but its probably not where you'd expect it.

The fluid drive is something that, I believe was cutting edge technology at the time that Kristi was using it. The fluid drive spins a drive sprocket, which in turn drives a chain, which then drives a secondary drive sprocket. The two drive sprockets and chains are housed in a housing that also partially rotates, or perhaps swings up/down to raise or lower the track on one side or the other side of the machine.

Here is an article on Wikipedia that I wrote, with some help from Allen (BigAl) a few years ago => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRISTI_snowcat

Here is a Patent Office diagram that shows the adjustable "Kristi Action" that allows one side or the other to be raised for transversing a slide slope.
Patent-Document-2967578.jpg

While we do, in good nature, make fun of the Kristi machines they really are very interesting from the technical sense and they are very capable little machines that can pretty much go anywhere in the world you can think of driving one.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don I think Melensdad Is drinking to same stuff Al is. They are starting to think alike...

Nope, I'm always happy to poke Al in the ribs with a sharp stick about his KT7 obsession, but when a serious question comes up about a Kristi, and they do from time to time, I do like to provide at least a little bit of helpful information.

OK, now back to our regularly scheduled Kristi bashing! :hammer:

JdpYT.gif

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i just poke at Al so he will hurry up and get his tub running should i ever blow a motor due to excessive use he could come help me get home but to my limited knowalage the kt7 is the only hydro krusty Al once told me the earlyer models were just skid steer and there are chains in the clam shells i remember seeing a pic of one opened up

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
i just poke at Al so he will hurry up and get his tub running should i ever blow a motor due to excessive use he could come help me get home but to my limited knowalage the kt7 is the only hydro krusty Al once told me the earlyer models were just skid steer and there are chains in the clam shells i remember seeing a pic of one opened up

I know the KT7 is hydraulic drive, but I honestly don't recall if the KT3 has hydraulic drive or not.

Not that it really matters, there are so few that actually move under their own power :w00t2: