• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1985 LMC1500 on tilt trailer

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
1985 LMC 1500 with passenger cab, 1006 hours, 258 AMC 6 cylinder/auto transmission. Dual batteries, 10,000# winch, front and rear heat, aux. lighting top, back and sides, ladder access roof rack. Has pass thru window behind co-pilot so you can talk to folks in back. Passenger cab is freshly carpeted and insulated with operable windows. Runs and operates great. The yellow "Big Buddy" heater, the rechargeable blue LED light in the front cab and the red LED light in the rear cab do no go with the sale, I need them for our RV.
View attachment 59513
More pictures at:
http://ImageEvent.com/reddog/1985lmc1500snowcat
Trailer is heavily built and tilts hydraulically, makes cat incredibly easy to load and unload, no drama from trailer tilting when you don't expect it. Axles are "trailer house" style with electric brakes, good tires and spare. 2 5/16 ball hitch.
View attachment 59515
$29,500.00 complete, cat and trailer. I will sell the cat without the trailer for $27,000.00
Schedule permitting, I may be able to assist with transport of up to 500 miles from Gunnison, CO for $1.50 per loaded mile.
Thanks for looking.

That is a great price on that trailer . I would buy the trail outright if you were closer . It'll sell bump er up pal

R

Reddog

Thanks for the bump, the trailer is a dandy for easy on and off action. Sorry, Maxx stays, I may need him to pull my butt around in the snow if the cat sells.
Doug in Gunison

R

Reddog

Re: 1985 LMC1500 on tilt trailer-UPDATE

I cannot edit my original post, so I'll do it here.
I have dropped the package price to 27,500. The #10,000 winch is no longer on the cat, but the Yellow "Big Buddy" heater does now go with the rig.
As stated in the original post, I may be able to assist in transport within about 500 miles for $1.50 per loaded mile.
Thanks for looking. Doug in Gunnison

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
BFT, I agree on all points. I think the overall state of the economy also comes into play as well. I am familiar witht he KSL site and may give it a try this fall. For now, she is off the trailer and sitting in the barn under cover. I'd doing my best to reisit the temptation to add an overdrive unit to the drivetrain for lower RPM while cruising. I think it would be a cool addition, but probably not make the machine bring any more $$$. Idle hands....
Thanks for the input and compliments on the cat. Happy Easter!
Doug in Gunnison[/QUOTE

Higher speeds things tend to brake

R

Reddog

Back to the top, ready to go. Don't let the snow take you by surprise!
Doug in Gunnison

undy

Higher speeds things tend to brake
They need to, at those higher speeds.

They also break more often. (I know, give you a break!) Also stated as "speed costs".

Sorry, I had to. Mom was a speech therapist, and I enjoy semantics.

R

Reddog

BTT,:smile:
Also, I listed the rig again on Fleabay, so if you are interested and sitting on the fence, don't miss out. It's nice and ready to go.
Doug in Gunnison

R

Reddog

Swing and a miss twice on FleaBay. Still available....
I guess I love it more than anyone else.
Doug in Gunnison

R

Reddog

Still looking to find this machine a new home. Thanks for looking!
Doug in Gunnison

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Reddog, and Doug.

I will modify your original post stating that it has been sold.

R

Reddog

I think the likelihood of me sprouting wings and flying to the moon is more probably than that dog being sold. The better half has FINAL say on that dog, I only hope when I die I come back as one of her pets!
Doug in Gunnisonm

Short bus

I think the likelihood of me sprouting wings and flying to the moon is more probably than that dog being sold. The better half has FINAL say on that dog, I only hope when I die I come back as one of her pets!
Doug in Gunnisonm

We lost our 14 year old golden on x-mas eve 2011 he was a great dog and went on some incredable adventures( some on his own) I wish he
could have experienced our sno-cat he disliked riding on the snowmobile.

R

Reddog

They say dogs have to pass before us so they can be in Heaven to meet us.
I like that thought....
Happy New Year!
Doug in Gunnison

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Be sure to tell that new washington owner about the jamboree in his state.

R

Reddog

Informed him as suggested. Hope he makes it. Everybody make sure to "oooh and ahhh" over his new rig.
Doug in -28 Gunnison

R

Reddog

Blackfoot,
Thanks for the note. It was a great machine. Well sorted and in very nice shape on a trailer that worked like a charm. I will say that I took considerably less than I had originally hoped for and less than I see most other 1500's listed for. But when it's all said and done when it comes time to sell, it's worth what the other guy will pay.
Happy 'Catting, Doug