• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Leveling Mower Deck

BoneheadNW

I put the mower deck in the lawn tractor yesterday and did the routine prep- checked tire inflation and leveled the mower deck. After mowing the lawn, I realized that I must have done one of the worst jobs leveling the deck I have ever done. I use a 3" length of rope to level the deck side to side as well as front to back according to the JD manual. It is always a PIA as the tip of the blade is above the outside cowling of the deck (as it should be) and is therefore invisible unless you are the height of a worm. Is there an easier way to level a mower deck?
Bonehead

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just eyeball it. Sometimes I give it a kick or run it into something in order to straighten it out one way or the other.

PB

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
At work, find a piece of level concrete (the longest part of the process), lay down infront and spy with your eye.
I got a mauual to show how to do it proper, try and get a shot of it, though you probs dont care :yum: