• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Well, gas officially hit $4.00 a gallon this morning here

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
As I was filling my tank at $3.76 a gallon I watched the sign change from $3.76 to $3.99 a gallon for unleaded regular. I say $4.00 a gallon because the $3.99 has that lovely .9 cents a gallon added to it. Why do gas stations do that anyway??

Has gas hit $4 a gallon in your area?

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
i have just done the £to $ and we are now paying nearly $11 a gallon.

people here have had enough and Tuesday next week a mass rally of lorry drivers are heading into central London to have a protest....it will cause mayhem to the city but like the last time this was done hopefully fuel costs will come down....haulage company's are going bust by the day here.

annoys me that this week fuel as been hiked just before the Bank Holiday weekend starts....what a surprise.

you have my symphony.

daedong

Dargo, I am tipping this is going to cripple the western worlds economy. Today it hit $1.63 a litre, they are saying it will get to $1.70 within a fortnight, and $2.oo by the end of the year.

1 litre = 3.785 US gallon

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I filled up the tank at $4.31.9 per gallon yesterday.

Kwiens

Diesel is $4.579 in Hutchinson, KS. Gas is $3.799 althought a few smaller towns still had $3.699. Prices change almost every day!!

I was filling up my car yesterday and two drivers were complaining about the gas prices. They both wanted the "government" to step in and "fix" the problem!!! I was laughing so hard they musta thought I was nuts..... Oh, all eight pumps were busy!! Simple supply and demand.

K

Cityboy

Banned
We all love to bitch & complain about fuel prices. That will change NOTHING! Learn what is causing it and get on your two senators and congressmen backs about it.

Check out this thread to learn about why your fuel costs so much: http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=16673

Then, quit pissing and moaning among yourselves (or at least do something in addition to pissing and moaning) and open up your word processing program and type a letter to your federal legislators. A letter carries 10 times the weight of an email. Then, you might as well email the letter since you wrote it and then pick up the phone and call!!! DO ALL THREE!!! You are already sitting on your asses in front of a computer monitor. Make those extra clicks and contact people who can start the process of solving this problem that is hurting each and every one of us.

Otherwise, you're just sitting here posting on an internet forum, which may be fun and make you feel better for the moment, but is the equivilent of ------->>>:bonk:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Cityboy, If I thought that would help, I would have done it a long time ago. This is FAR FAR larger than people writing letters. This is a massive issue that will only be taken care of by the US getting into hydrogen vehicles or nuking the Middle East. Im for BOTH :thumb:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Cityboy, If I thought that would help, I would have done it a long time ago. This is FAR FAR larger than people writing letters. This is a massive issue that will only be taken care of by the US getting into hydrogen vehicles or nuking the Middle East. Im for BOTH :thumb:

If you think hydrogen is even close to a solution you need to go back to school and take some basic physics classes.

Hydrogen is an energy storage mechanism and is not a energy source.

Oh...and it's a pretty crappy storage mechanism anyway.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As I was filling my tank at $3.76 a gallon I watched the sign change from $3.76 to $3.99 a gallon for unleaded regular. I say $4.00 a gallon because the $3.99 has that lovely .9 cents a gallon added to it. Why do gas stations do that anyway??

Has gas hit $4 a gallon in your area?
Yes... grrrrrrr

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
3.99 here also, but a few still at 3.89. One station was at 3.82 yesterday and cars were lined down the street waiting to get some. :pat:

CB, how do you think our legislators could affect the price we are paying at the pump. I read your article (kinda fast but I read it) and OPEC is doing what the want. I don't see what our congress could do to help the situation. You are usually one of the first to say keep government out of things. Why do you think they can help with this? :confused:

Cityboy

Banned
3.99 here also, but a few still at 3.89. One station was at 3.82 yesterday and cars were lined down the street waiting to get some. :pat:

CB, how do you think our legislators could affect the price we are paying at the pump. I read your article (kinda fast but I read it) and OPEC is doing what the want. I don't see what our congress could do to help the situation. You are usually one of the first to say keep government out of things. Why do you think they can help with this? :confused:

I still say we need less government and that is why we need to write our federal legislators. It is federal environmental legislation preventing drilling and construction of refineries that is part of the problem. It is federal fuel tax that is part of the problem. It is our invasion of Iraq that is a large part of the problem. It is state and local fuel tax that is part of the problem.

Think about the insanity of our war in Iraq. We need middleastern oil to fuel our equipment to kill middleeastern people in the name of fighting terrorism. The middleeast figures they may as well get paid very well to have their asses kicked so they lower production and drive prices up. I never thought I'd say this, but you know what? We need to get the f#uk out of Iraq and let those people govern themselves. If we stay, it's a mess. If we go, it's a mess. Bush screwed up bigtime and we will pay for his mistake for decades.

It is not just world demand driving up prices. It is many things, and many of those things we have legislated upon ourselves. That, Doc, is why we need to put pressure on ALL our elected representatives to begin the process of solving this massive problem. We have to start somewhere, so we might as well start on the things that we as a nation have control over.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Think about the insanity of our war in Iraq. We need middleastern oil to fuel our equipment to kill middleeastern people in the name of fighting terrorism. The middleeast figures they may as well get paid very well to have their asses kicked so they lower production and drive prices up. I never thought I'd say this, but you know what? We need to get the f#uk out of Iraq and let those people govern themselves. If we stay, it's a mess. If we go, it's a mess. Bush screwed up bigtime and we will pay for his mistake for decades.

That was the bestest paragraph you have written. :thumb: :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Cityboy

Banned
Hmmm . . . so this was entirely Bush's decision? Congress never voted any support? The citizens didn't re-elect him 4 years ago? :huh:

:pat:Are you looking for a pissing match or what?

How did you come to your conclusion? Have you been reading the whole thread or just select parts to pick out of context?

Careful now....., you're pitching against the one and only CB now....:batterUp:
icon10.gif

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
:pat:Are you looking for a pissing match or what?

I don't believe he is, and we haven't had much arrogant rudeness for months either. Generally most everyone here can debate, agree, and disagree without being assholes.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Careful now....., you're pitching against the one and only CB now....:batterUp:
icon10.gif
Bring it on! :boxing: Just try to keep the signature line to less than half a page and try not to wear out Doc's smilies - Sushi has grown kind of attached to some of them! :poke:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Will you two hardheads please lighten up? Both can add something - if you don't waste your effort screaming at each other.

Let's get back on track.

Cityboy

Banned
Wow, I almost overlooked this.

I don't believe he is, and we haven't had much arrogant rudeness for months either. Generally most everyone here can debate, agree, and disagree without being assholes.

Spoken by the master. :rolleyes: like this post by YOU??

Okay, we were fine until now. It is clear for all to see what you can understand and what you cannot understand.

Just in case something is not clear for you to see, let me make something perfectly clear for you; you will never tell me when it is time for me to run along. Are we clear on that issue pal?

or this post by YOU:

You're showing your complete and total ignorance. When I asked you if you believed in something you haven't seen, your reply was something I'd expect from an 8 year old. I can show you what you listed. Use your mind man! I'm not going to help you any further than that because you have shown a tendency to be a complete smart ass who thinks they are far more intelligent than they are.

As far as your childish "run along now" comments, get back with me when you own your own site and I'm stupid enough to join said site. Otherwise go get a bucket of sand, a spoon and a hammer. Do I need to send instructions along with what you are to do with those items?

I've ignored most of your childish and smart ass comments to most people here and just passed them off as you being insecure and immature. It seems that you are showing your ass more than usual now. Having issues with your allowance?

Yes, Dargo, you do set the fine example don't you?

This was between me & PB and has nothing to do with you. And you of all people talking about arrogance? You, the man who is always posting about what a badass you think you are? And how many people you beat up? And how you take crap off no one? And how much you can bench press and on and on? Thats a good one. :rolf2:

Oh, but I forgot you are the perfect human specimen. :rolleyes:

Now, I have no intent to carry this on, but I will leave that up to you because you chose to intercede in mine and PB's banter, just like you did in the quotes above.

Your move.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Bout time we had some discussion going! :bb:

Everyone was so Lovie-Dovie....... geeeeesh. :yuk:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
And, as to not disappoint me, I expect nothing less from you. Feel free to browse the threads for the last couple of months and see how many posts have been rude, arrogant and disrespectful. I believe you have that area covered all by yourself. I simply have very little tolerance for, and generally have nothing to do with, dogmatic dimwits who are rude towards everyone and think far more of themselves than anyone else does.

Nobody was whining or crying about gas prices. It was simply a thread talking about current trends. You injected your expected rude comments telling everyone that they need to quit pissing and moaning about gas prices. Grow up and get a life. Nobody was pissing or moaning about anything. You simply decided that you know more about the subject than anyone and proceeded to tell everyone how smart you are and how stupid everyone else is. Until you inserted yourself in the thread it was a conversation, civil at that, and not any heated debate nor condescending thread telling others what they should and shouldn't do. As before, as far as I'm concerned, you can take your rude opinions and pompous attitude and piss off. I could go on, but I'd prefer the thread to continue as a civil conversation as it was before you came along.

Cityboy

Banned
And, as to not disappoint me, I expect nothing less from you. Feel free to browse the threads for the last couple of months and see how many posts have been rude, arrogant and disrespectful. I believe you have that area covered all by yourself. I simply have very little tolerance for, and generally have nothing to do with, dogmatic dimwits who are rude towards everyone and think far more of themselves than anyone else does.

Nobody was whining or crying about gas prices. It was simply a thread talking about current trends. You injected your expected rude comments telling everyone that they need to quit pissing and moaning about gas prices. Grow up and get a life. Nobody was pissing or moaning about anything. You simply decided that you know more about the subject than anyone and proceeded to tell everyone how smart you are and how stupid everyone else is. Until you inserted yourself in the thread it was a conversation, civil at that, and not any heated debate nor condescending thread telling others what they should and shouldn't do. As before, as far as I'm concerned, you can take your rude opinions and pompous attitude and piss off. I could go on, but I'd prefer the thread to continue as a civil conversation as it was before you came along.

Your most civil points have been highlighted. Just couldn't let it go, eh? Even to this point, note that I have not called you any names. I have only pointed out your hypocrisy. Even the last time you and I had an interchange here, I did not call you names. You lost your cool in a thread about Christianity and angrily stomped off. You had a choice to defend your position and chose another route. Because you disagree with someone does not automatically make that person "uncivil".

My point is that people like to complain, but what are they going to do about it? I was simply trying to get people to think about the cause and effect of rising fuel prices. It is fun to complain, but a little more difficult to take action isn't it? Did I make you feel uncomfortable? Well, I'm not sorry. We are in a serious situation here because our entire economy revolves around crude oil and if all we do is gripe among ourselves, we will get what we deserve. Not that there is anything wrong with posting about it here; I'm simply urging people to take the next step and put some of their FF energy into a letter to their elected representatives and to take some time and learn about the causes of high oil prices. If you think that makes me a know it all, then that is your problem. Unlike you, I do not think I am smarter or better than anyone else here. I do think a lot about certain issues and like to discuss it with other people. When an issue like this is discussed, you run a risk that someone will disagree and counter your opinion with their opinion. The dialouge may get spirited and heated, but that does not make it uncivil.

I'm sure you would like to kick my ass right now, but, even so, I harbor no ill feelings toward you.

Now folks, let's talk about these soon to be $10.00 per gallon gas prices.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
OK guys...let's keep this thread on track. If y'all want to argue, then start another thread for that purpose.

Hmmm . . . so this was entirely Bush's decision?
Congress never voted any support? The citizens didn't re-elect him 4 years ago? :huh:

Your most civil points have been highlighted. Just couldn't let it go, eh? Even to this point, note that I have not called you any names. I have only pointed out your hypocrisy. Even the last time you and I had an interchange here, I did not call you names. You lost your cool in a thread about Christianity and angrily stomped off. You had a choice to defend your position and chose another route. Because you disagree with someone does not automatically make that person "uncivil".

My point is that people like to complain, but what are they going to do about it? I was simply trying to get people to think about the cause and effect of rising fuel prices. It is fun to complain, but a little more difficult to take action isn't it? Did I make you feel uncomfortable? Well, I'm not sorry. We are in a serious situation here because our entire economy revolves around crude oil and if all we do is gripe among ourselves, we will get what we deserve. Not that there is anything wrong with posting about it here; I'm simply urging people to take the next step and put some of their FF energy into a letter to their elected representatives and to take some time and learn about the causes of high oil prices. If you think that makes me a know it all, then that is your problem. Unlike you, I do not think I am smarter or better than anyone else here. I do think a lot about certain issues and like to discuss it with other people. When an issue like this is discussed, you run a risk that someone will disagree and counter your opinion with their opinion. The dialouge may get spirited and heated, but that does not make it uncivil.

I'm sure you would like to kick my ass right now, but, even so, I harbor no ill feelings toward you.

Now folks, let's talk about these soon to be $10.00 per gallon gas prices.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
OK guys...let's keep this thread on track. If y'all want to argue, then start another thread for that purpose.

Awwwww :( *putting away popcorn and score card*