• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LMC Trackmaster hydraulic oil

bluffcam

I'm trying to find out what to use for hydraulic oil in a LMC Trackmaster 85. It is not a snowcat but I can't find any info on it and other folks say LMC made snow cats. It is like a skidsteer with tracks and has a kubota V3300-T engine. There are 2 tanks one on each side, one holds diesel fuel and the other hydraulic fluid. During the this last winter the operator put diesel in both tanks so the hydraulic tank is full and somewhat diluted with diesel. I have a couple skidsteers and they both use 10w30 motor oil which makes me want to see if anyone knows if this LMC Trackmaster is 10w30 or a hydraulic fluid. Or maybe it would be ok with either. Thanks for your time, this has been a hard machine to get info about.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Best bet would be to check with the manufacturer of the hydraulic pump. Dig around underneath and look for a label or other markings on your hydraulic pump(s) to identify the brand pump(s) used. Worst case scenario is that you have to contact the pump maker for the recommendation, best case is that you'll find the information you need in a simple google search of that pump. But as all tracked vehicles used pumps made by other makers, you really need to dig into the maker of the pump for their recommendation.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is a skid steer I have posted a picture on here before can not find it under rubber tracks for sale we bought the last new old stock for these machines and have about 60 sets of tracks all rubber with steel cleats inside driven by a metal sprocket 18" wide. will try to find the picture............. not sure on what they were using for oil though......