• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rain??? Seriously???

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
In January in northern ontario?? We have no snow. It's raining. Temps are supposed to fall drastically over the next couple days though to around -30 with snow. Right now, it's +8 celcius and raining. I sent my son to school today wearing rubber boots. Never in my life have I had to wear rubber boots in January.:sad:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rain here as well. Everything is snow covered still but I'm expecting that to go away as temps get really high here over the weekend. They're calling for 60F.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang. Warm air melting the snow has created some serious fog. Visibility is down to about 80 yards.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We have rain here and a temp of 35. You can tell the snow is dropping in depth due to the stubble and brush sticking out of it. The ice is slowly turning to slush on the lane and most of the uphill stretch is bare. Puddles are everywhere and when it freezes again next week the roads will start jacking and breaking up .

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
It hasn't stopped raining here in 4 days and it's supposed to continue until Friday AM. And I'm not talking about a drizzel, it's been a full on downpour. Drove to town an hour ago and there are lots of places flooded that just don't get that way ever. Friggen nuts!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We've had the rain, more drizzle than hard rain. Tonight we have a travelers advisory expecting freezing rain, icy roads and power outages from the ice that will hang on tree limbs and power lines. fun fun fun.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Rain finally slowed down a little and I tried to move the truck from beside the cabin and back over to the barn. I was in 4 wheel drive and crawling but no traction at all. Truck just started to slide down the incline and I finally decided to wait until it freezes tomorrow night. I've been snowed in before, but never rained in. :glare:

stucktruck.png

The creek beside my cabin is kicking ass! It runs all year around but it's about 4 times its normal size today.

Check out the Creek!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is them diesels in pickup syndrome. Good mileage till you get in wet grass. Then they just sit and spin. Too much weight up front. My neighbor stuck his brand new Dodge dually in his front yard about a month ago. Had to hook a tractor to it to pull it out. He only had 260 miles on it and was mad as hell. I just peeled up a big spot of sod plowing a path to the greenhouse. It is damn soft out there. Won't be an issue by Sunday when we only get to 20 for a high temp. Even colder next week.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went from rain last week to snow today. Woke up to about 5 inches in spots today. Strong winds. Supposed to snow for the next few days.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went from +10 celcius one day last week to a balmy -36 today with a windchill. We had a good storm come through the area yesterday. I drove 8 hrs round trip yesterday through blinding whiteout conditions to head back to Geraldton to do some work on my rental house. On our way back last night, we were stuck behind a transport for 70 kms doing about 60 km per hr. The highway was bad. One section was closed for a few hours due to a 10 vehicle pile up. At one point, there was roughly 6 inches of snow on the highway. Plow trucks couldn't keep up with the drifting. I wasn't sure we'd make it back last night. I was driving along and came upon a strange accident. A big heavy duty tow truck nosed in the ditch on one side of the hwy. On the other side fully into the ditch was a plow/sand truck. Not a good sign. We made it back at 10:30pm last night.