• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Twin Towers Before 9-11 8:46am

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Before our world changed

Attachments

• TwinTowersSept102001.jpg
    TwinTowersSept102001.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 89
  • TwinTowersSept102001-2.jpg
    TwinTowersSept102001-2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 86
  • TwinTowersSept102001AtNite.jpg
    TwinTowersSept102001AtNite.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 87
  • TwinTowersSept102001AtNite2.jpg
    TwinTowersSept102001AtNite2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 82
  • TwinTowersSept102001AtNite3.jpg
    TwinTowersSept102001AtNite3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 90

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Doc

Remember my Avanti convertible? I bought it from the manager of the Windows of the World restaurant, which was located at/near the top of one of the Towers. The guy I bought it from died in the attack.

My sister was living in NYC that day. She came up out of the Subway that morning to see one of the towers on fire.

We turned the TV set on at work in our conference room when we got the news of the first plane hitting the North Tower. While watching the news we saw the 2nd plane hit the other tower. People were is such a high degree of shock that I don't think it really registered that it was a terrorist attack for a few more minutes.

And then news came about the Pentagon and flight that was brought down in Pennsylvania.

Do they teach this in school? I hope so.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was at work, I heard that a plane hit one of the twin towers. I thought a small private plane. Then I found out it was an airliner. Then the 2nd tower was hit by another plane. Shock and confusion. Feeling of loss and WTH is going on. A day I'll never forget.

Timeline of when it all happened.

Attachments

• 911_Timeline.jpg
    911_Timeline.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 126

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I’ll never forget that day. I was at work in Reston when I got a call from our Rutherford Office. They could see the WTC from their window. A few minutes later we heard on the radio about the Pentagon. We went to the window on that side of the building and watched. I knew some of the folks who didn’t make it in New York. One of my neighbors worked at the Pentagon. He made it home.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Steve and I were camping in southern England.
We found out the next day when I went to check us in at a camp site.
The attendant in the office heard my American accent and said, as an American this must be a very sad day for you.
Had no idea what he was talking about, then he handed me this.
This is the exact paper from which I first read the news.

test.jpg