• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Loopy Lupine's Thoughts Thread.

loboloco

At this stage, life is kind of like a cat in the middle of a dog fight.
As long as I'm alive I'm winning.

I am ashamed of nothing I have done in my life. Dissatisfied, yes. Wishing I had done better, yes. Ashamed, no.

I am still wondering where my youth went, and if I can catch back up with it.

Pain in the mornings is my friend. It lets me know I'm still alive.

I don't read the obits any more, I'm afraid I might find my name there.

Remember, you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.

I still think it would be easier to pump oil out of a radioactive environment than to put up with those clowns in the mid-east.

loboloco

Concealed carry is the wrong concept. To conceal is to hide, suggesting that the weapon is there for nefarious purposes. Open carry would be better for law abiding citizens. After a short time, most wouldn't even notice.

Sex is like a game of bridge, if you have a good hand you really don't need a partner.

Bitching is bitching, I don't care what language she uses.

I love to sit and watch the lightning play. Makes a tingle run up my leg, even.

If you push the big red 'emergency Only' button, don't be surprised at what happens.

120 smarts, but to really hurt, get sidewise with some 880.

Any caliber is good in a gunfight, as long as it starts with .4

Marksmanship is hitting consistently(not perfectly) at the upper limits of your rifles range, not your own.

Cheddar cheese in coffee is pretty good.

If he ain't worth killing, he ain't worth worrying over.

Some folks just need killing.

Justice may be blind, but the law is sold to the highest bidder.

Some folks wrestle alligators, some folks just shoot them. Guess which ones have a higher life expectancy.

My day has been kind of like sex with a porcupine, just when things get interesting some little prick gets in the way.

Did you realize that sanders can , at least temporarily, totally remove your fingerprint?

Life is a joke, and you're the punchline.

loboloco

Virginity is a curable condition.

There is a vast difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance can be fixed by education and learning. Stupidity is curable only by massive trauma or death.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Concealed carry is the wrong concept. To conceal is to hide, suggesting that the weapon is there for nefarious purposes. Open carry would be better for law abiding citizens. After a short time, most wouldn't even notice.

Sex is like a game of bridge, if you have a good hand you really don't need a partner.

If you push the big red 'emergency Only' button, don't be surprised at what happens.

Any caliber is good in a gunfight, as long as it starts with .4

Marksmanship is hitting consistently(not perfectly) at the upper limits of your rifles range, not your own.

If he ain't worth killing, he ain't worth worrying over.

Justice may be blind, but the law is sold to the highest bidder.

Some folks wrestle alligators, some folks just shoot them. Guess which ones have a higher life expectancy.

My day has been kind of like sex with a porcupine, just when things get interesting some little prick gets in the way.

Did you realize that sanders can , at least temporarily, totally remove your fingerprint?

I really hope I get to meet you some day! I'm only 52 but I feel 25 and just as soon knock the shit out of the guy feeding me BS. The times have made me mad and I just ain't going to listen to horse shit anymore and don't. I've always spoke my mind and I'm getting a lot more forward with it. I think I may becoming like CB and I like it! Don't really know where this little rant came from other than reading this thread but it's honest.

loboloco

I really hope I get to meet you some day! I'm only 52 but I feel 25 and just as soon knock the shit out of the guy feeding me BS. The times have made me mad and I just ain't going to listen to horse shit anymore and don't. I've always spoke my mind and I'm getting a lot more forward with it. I think I may becoming like CB and I like it! Don't really know where this little rant came from other than reading this thread but it's honest.
You and CB are on my short list of folks I would like, someday, to meet. I have yet to put any really serious thoughts here, just mostly random junk that falls out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Yup!
Yes, indeed!
Now wait a minute there! lol
Me likes it too, as long as tornaders won't be a part of the play.
It will surprise you, every single time.
Owww..
Really?
Often thought it, but would never act on it, unless it was a case of protecting myself, or someone I love.

Nevah..

loboloco

If you want safety, join a convent. If you want liberty, be prepared to fight to the death for it. The worst enemy of freedom is your own government.

The SS, KGB, and Homeland Security all have one thing in common. They were designed to protect the government from being harassed by bothersome people. Like the citizens of their own country.

Why, if some old perv on the streets feels a girl up it's a crime, but put him in an airport in uniform and it's a security check?

Military statisticians estimates it takes over a million rounds fired to kill one enemy. What ever happened to marksmanship and aiming?

Not every battle is worth fighting. Pick your hill to die on carefully, because unless you're really lucky, you probably will.

Gold is at best one of the most useless metals ever found by man. Yet, it has cost many their lives and more their sanity. Not really sure why, I've found a little and let folks have it just to watch them go bonkers over it.

I actually understand the Arabs, who have just pasted Islam over their clan and tribal affiliations. Which is why I despair of us ever winning this 'war on terror'. We are fighting it from the wrong viewpoint.

the difference between a slut and a whore, about 25.00 cheaper for the whore.

You take a girl to dinner, a movie or show, then dancing. If you're lucky, you might get laid after spending a 100 bucks. A trip to the local whorehouse is usually cheaper and at least you know you're gonna get laid.

A contract for sexual services is legal in the US. It's called a marriage license.

ON any specific skill,there are those who can, those who know how but don't, and then there are those who teach.

I have a lot of respect for elementary teachers. Just because they make it thru the day without killing the little b*stards.

I am a bibliophile, taking my book away is like bitch slapping a grizzly with a sore tooth.

I have reached the point where I honestly hope I die before my country does.

loboloco

Are kids best roasted, fried or bbq'd?

Measure twice, cut once. and the dang thing is still a smidgen too long.

I have never figured out why 'good enough' is acceptable except for a temporary emergency fix. If you have the materials and time, do it right.

A lady should be told every day that she is beautiful, that she is loved, and that she is the light of your life. It really cuts down on the whining.

there is beauty in everything. The wind in the grass, the sun upon the dew, the strike of a snake, the barrel of a gun. But I have to admit I never looked hard enough to find the beauty down the barrel of a gun.

Good steel isn't made by being nice to the metal. It is made by the proper mix of material, that is heated in the forge and beaten into shape by the hammers. Character is the same.

I may disagree with what you say, but I and my buddies have spent our blood and tears to give you the right to say it, and would do it again.

If you can't handle alcohol, don't drink it. If you can't handle truth become a democrat.

If a dwarf is only mythology, what was that I just drop kicked?

There is a terrible glory in holding another's life in your hands. It is both the most intoxicating and frightening feeling there is. Doctors, soldiers and assassins know this.

It is better to die free than to live in servitude. I hope this is always the belief of my country.

I have found that if you answer the door naked, the Jehovah's Witnesses will quit coming by.

On the other hand, the lady next door keeps coming by to borrow a cup of sugar.

loboloco

Take a cup of coffee, add sugar if desired.
Take 8-10 small cubes of sharp or ex sharp cheddar cheese and drop in the coffee.
Let sit a few minutes, till cheese becomes soft.
Eat the cheese and drink the coffee.
I like it, maybe others will too.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Take a cup of coffee, add sugar if desired.
Take 8-10 small cubes of sharp or ex sharp cheddar cheese and drop in the coffee.
Let sit a few minutes, till cheese becomes soft.
Eat the cheese and drink the coffee.
I like it, maybe others will too.
It does sound good in an odd way, Jeff.
Ever dumped a packet of redskin peanuts in Dr. Pepper and drank it whilst fishing out the peanuts?
That's good too.
Or a hard fried egg in coffee.. the same.
Deliciousness!

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
... Military statisticians estimates it takes over a million rounds fired to kill one enemy. What ever happened to marksmanship and aiming?

The best estimate I've ever seen or recent conflicts is 200,000 to 400,00 rounds per kill. Up until Vietnam aimed fire was
common and the rounds/kill ratio was much better; from the start of the conflict in 'Nam through today we have been
fighting a different type of war, one based on ambush from concealment. In that environment you have shots incoming
from "over there" and you return fire in that general direction. This leads to a much higher rounds/kill ratio because well-
aimed fire is the exception rather than the rule. [None of this applies to snipers, of course.]

If we get into a situation where we face an enemy that fights more in the open, less from ambush, aimed fire will once
again come into its own. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.

loboloco

It does sound good in an odd way, Jeff.
Ever dumped a packet of redskin peanuts in Dr. Pepper and drank it whilst fishing out the peanuts?
That's good too.
Or a hard fried egg in coffee.. the same.
Deliciousness!
Not Dr. P, but Cokes and Mountain Dew.
I'll let you keep the egg bit.

loboloco

An ounce of prevention may be better than a pound of cure, but a microgram of avoidance is better still.

It's really screwed up when you think you're getting ahead just to find out all you've done is dig yourself deeper in the hole.

It is a strange fact that over time a man in good shape can travel farther than a man on a horse.

I should have been a dog, then I could lay around with my junk showing and nobody would care.

I get driven almost nuts because the women in my life keep wanting to dress me up. More than one good pair of overalls is a waste.

Good advise for walking in the woods, if it wiggles its not a stick. If it hisses or growls leave it alone, if it has teeth make sure you're out of range and have a non wiggling stick.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He's doing 3 to 10 for unnatural acts with an elf.

Gun control is hitting your target on the first shot.

Peace is achieved by having two things, first, enough firepower to make others prefer to leave you alone, and, second, the willingness to use it at the drop of a hat.

It bothers me that people seem to have forgotten that liberty doesn't come with guarantees.

Why are all the things that are fun are either illegal, immoral, unhealthy, or fattening?

I never mind hard work, I can sit and watch it all day long.

Manual Labor is actually a terrorist from Mexico.

Most really good inventions don't come from genius, but from laziness. They are a way to do something better with less effort.

Kamikaze means "divine Wind".

Beauty is skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone.

The tire is only flat on the bottom.

Writs and restraining orders may keep the bad guys away, but I'm still convinced a double barreled 12 will make sure he never comes back.

I have a duty to defend what is mine from anyone. you have a duty to defend what is yours. I may assist you in defending yours, but I have no obligation to do so.

Laws(especially morality laws) are made by people to force others to conform to their point of view. I have never heard a person ask that a law be passed so that they won't go out and do something.

If you do the crime, be willing to do the time.

While I firmly believe that rape should carry a death penalty, what should be the penalty for a false claim of rape?

I believe it is usually better to have the law investigate crime and handle the criminals. They have more resources, and are much less likely than I am to just cap the perp in order to improve the gene pool.

I looked in my new thesaurus to define the term 'functional psychopath' it showed a picture of a woman and the letters PMS.

363 million on the mega millions. That's a lot of people that can't do math.

loboloco

Someday each and every one of us will face our own personal Waterloo, or Alamo. I hope that I will be remembered as going down with my standard held high, facing into the odds that took me down. Whether a disease or in a blaze of gunfire, I hope I have the fortitude to die as I lived, trying to shield those I care for and spitting defiance to those I despise.

Of course. I also hope it's a long time down the road.

loboloco

What the H*** happened to us?
We frickin put men on the moon.
We almost built a moonbase.
Then, somewhere, we turned chickenshit.
We gave it all up.
Now, we have to hire somebody to take our astronauts to a rickety, piss poor excuse for a space station.
Whatever happened to an L-5 habitat?
To solar powersats?
To moving heavy industry to Luna and mining the asteroids?
To walking the red sands of Mars?
We have the science and technology to begin terraforming Venus.
We could have manned missions to Jupiter and Saturn.
To walk the frozen ammonias of Europa, to watch the oxygen rise from Martian sands, to float amongst Saturn's rings.
To build the mass driver's on the moon, to wrestle an asteroid into orbit, pouring out Iron, chromium, silver, gold, and other rare metals.
To ride down to steal from the molten pools of Mercury. to spread out from the nest and claim our heritage.
what happened to our hearts, Our courage, our willingness to dream?

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
What the H*** happened to us?
We frickin put men on the moon.
We almost built a moonbase.
Then, somewhere, we turned chickenshit.
We gave it all up.
Now, we have to hire somebody to take our astronauts to a rickety, piss poor excuse for a space station.
Whatever happened to an L-5 habitat?
To solar powersats?
To moving heavy industry to Luna and mining the asteroids?
To walking the red sands of Mars?
We have the science and technology to begin terraforming Venus.
We could have manned missions to Jupiter and Saturn.
To walk the frozen ammonias of Europa, to watch the oxygen rise from Martian sands, to float amongst Saturn's rings.
To build the mass driver's on the moon, to wrestle an asteroid into orbit, pouring out Iron, chromium, silver, gold, and other rare metals.
To ride down to steal from the molten pools of Mercury. to spread out from the nest and claim our heritage.
what happened to our hearts, Our courage, our willingness to dream?

It's been 24 years since Heinlein died; when he passed many eyes were dimmed with tears, but we dried them and vowed
to carry on his vision. Apparently we were not strong enough, or were too few. In either case, we have failed the Old Man ...
and our vision is dimmed once again.

loboloco

It's been 24 years since Heinlein died; when he passed many eyes were dimmed with tears, but we dried them and vowed
to carry on his vision. Apparently we were not strong enough, or were too few. In either case, we have failed the Old Man ...
and our vision is dimmed once again.

Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, Pournelle. They all wanted us out there and gave us pointers on how to do it. I still want to walk the Red sands of Mars and float amidst Saturn's rings. to see the glory of a lightsail and the kaleidoscope of a phase shift. I want to feel the pulse of the ion engines as I close on an asteroid made of heavy metals.
Instead we spend our money on useless crap and watched our own space program die.
A lonely few are still out there trying to get private firms going, but I don't know that it can be done without a lot more money than just a few can pony up.

loboloco

To build a boat, or not to build a boat, that is the question.

Eastern cedar is probably one of the most beautiful woods there is. but it can be a real heartbreaker to make it come out right.

Yellow pine is probably the most common wood used today in the US. It is easy to work, forgiving of mistakes, and fairly cheap. But it just don't have no soul.

Is there anything more satisfying than taking a piece of steel and hammering and bending it into a tool and arguably, a work of art?

No trespassing means keep your a** off this property. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I used to roam all over the countryside with a .300 savage and a dog. Never bothered any domestic animals and never got harassed. Nowadays I'd be in jail or dead.

Remember, you only get one Alamo per lifetime, make sure it's one worth remembering.

In order to successfully stalk game you have to understand its habits. Where does it water, what does it eat, where does it bed, how does it travel and when? If you understand these your prey will come to you of its own accord and at the appointed time.

If you get close enough, you can smell a snake. If you get to close you'll get to feel it too.

The smell of spent gunpowder mixed with the morning dew is addictive.

So is diesel smoke.

Remember, a tank is a well armored rolling coffin. And they have lots of blind spots.

Any air dropped bomb is guaranteed 100% accurate. It will hit the surface every time.

An airplane in a combat zone is both a taunt and a bullseye.

Friendly fire ain't.

If a tank shoots in your direction it ain't friendly. It may not be the enemy, but it ain't friendly.

Tanks are only really well armored to the front. the sides, back, top and bottom carry much less weight of metal. So stay away from the front end.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can tell you what happend to yours, and my dreams for this....

The Wall Street BANKSTERS took it from us, along with folks who bought homes they could never pay for, and got loans to do it anyway:hammer:.....Shit it isn't a dream, it is reality....:w00t2:

The shittyest part is that no one will go to jail for this either:hammer::hammer:

Sorry for the truth, as I see it anyway.

We could have.....

Kirk

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Asimov, Clarke, Heinlein, Pournelle. They all wanted us out there and gave us pointers on how to do it. I still want to walk the Red sands of Mars and float amidst Saturn's rings. to see the glory of a lightsail and the kaleidoscope of a phase shift. I want to feel the pulse of the ion engines as I close on an asteroid made of heavy metals.
Instead we spend our money on useless crap and watched our own space program die.
A lonely few are still out there trying to get private firms going, but I don't know that it can be done without a lot more money than just a few can pony up.

Where's D.D. Harriman when we really need him? I'm not sure Richard Branson can take up the slack. :sad:

loboloco

Kid's picnic table 35.00
6' picnic table 130.00
Local delivery on large table.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCF0101.JPG
    DSCF0101.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 224

loboloco

With my luck if I ever won a lottery, it would involve getting shot at.

Remember,a gun will give you an edge. It does not make you invulnerable, nor will it keep you from getting your butt whipped if you screw with the wrong person.

Use a pistol to get a sub gun or shotgun. Then use that to get a long gun.

Yes, I can throw a tomahawk. In some circumstances this is better than a pistol.

Do ya'll know that dry sh** will burn. It is called chips, and was used a good deal by the settlers crossing the plains(buffalo chips). It is also used a good bit in the mideast(camel dung).

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. If you don't, quit bitching while I smoke mine.

There are two breeds of chickens(that I know of) that lay eggs colored other than white or brown. Auracanas and Americanas. The Americanas lay the blue eggs.

You will sometimes see eggs that have no shell. These are called skin eggs, and are a sign that the chicken needs a lot more calcium in their diet.

I m never bothered by a dog that is wagging its tail, its the teeth on the other end that may not have the same message.

All that glitters is not gold, everything that swishes by in a dress may not be female.

Never ask a Scottsman why he's wearing a skirt.

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight, it's the amount of fight in the dog.

A dachshund can whip a great dane if he gets the dane by the cojones.

loboloco

I think my get up and go, got up and left.

Planted the garden today. Corn, tomatoes, squash, pintos, zipper peas, green beans, butterbeans, cucumbers and bell peppers. waiting on a special brand of cuke to arrive and then it goes in the ground.

It's kind of funny to watch a woman walk up on a little snake and then point the snake out. Is that dance supposed to scare the snake to death? Or is it the pee running down the leg?

If you're facing a fight, don't talk, strike. Talk afterward.

Golf has to be the silliest 'sport' ever invented. Hit a ball, walk to it, hit it again. Geez at least have somebody trying to gun down the ball. It would make it more interesting.

One word of warning. If you are near a Latina when her soccor team gets a goal, be prepared to be deafened for several minutes. Talk about going apesh**.

The winner of a gunfight isn't the one with the biggest gun, or the fastest draw. it's the one with the steadiest aim when bullets are going everywhere.

I have read evidence of a man being shot 14 times with a .45 cal revolver, and surviving long enough to kill those who shot him. It took him over three years to hunt them all down.

Getting shot is not necessarily fatal, but it does hurt like h*ll.

Sniping is as much art as science. At long distance, there are just too many variables that can affect the round and the target to make hits problematic. Also, luck plays a good part.

Did you know that you can sink a tractor all the way to the frame. And when you do, it takes a much bigger tractor to pull your happy butt out. Gumbo clay, by the way.

loboloco

A word of warning to those interested.

when buying treated lumber for tables, decks or intimate contact, outdoor furniture, make sure you get the yellow treated and not the old green treated. Seems the older stuff has been linked to cancer in kids and adults.