• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

You can't make this stuff up

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I wouldn't want this Sgt as my partner.

Sorry - I can't get the link to work. I'm on my iPad and have a very slow connection.

The title of the article is:

Police: Sergeant shot officer, fire extinguisher

A Sgt & 2 officers go on a domestic disturbance call. One officer goes to the back door. The Sgt bangs on the front door. The suspect opens the door and sticks his gun out the door. The Sgt panics and shoots a fire extinguisher. While he powder from the fire extinguisher is coating everything, the Sgt shoots his partner in the hip.

Fortunately the wounded cop was treated & released. The Sgt is now on admin duty - probably where he should have been all along. The suspect was not harmed.

Bob

edit to add ..here's the link: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/05/3914233/raleigh-police-sergeant-accidentally.html

Raleigh police: Sergeant accidentally shot fire extinguisher, fellow officer

RALEIGH — A Raleigh police officer shot another officer and a fire extinguisher during a confrontation with a reportedly intoxicated man last week, according to a report released Thursday by the Raleigh Police Department.

Officers came to an apartment complex on Colbert Creek Loop early May 29 to answer a complaint that a man named Joshua Timberlake was fighting with his girlfriend. A 911 caller reported that Timberlake had pulled out a gun and waved it over his head while cursing and challenging the caller, who had sought to intervene.

Thursday’s report gave the following account of what happened next:

A sergeant and two officers knocked on Timberlake’s door about 2 a.m. One officer left to check the back of the building, leaving Sgt. J.D. Malzahn and Officer K.J. Barefoot at the door.

Soon after, the door suddenly “flew open,” and Timberlake pointed a handgun out the door and into the breezeway, sweeping it from side to side. Malzahn and Barefoot backed away, identifying themselves as police and ordering Timberlake to drop the weapon.

Timberlake continued to sweep the gun, at one point aiming it directly at Malzahn, who drew his own weapon. Malzahn fired twice in Timberlake’s direction; one round hit a fire extinguisher, spraying powder through the breezeway, while another struck Barefoot in his left hip.

Timberlake then retreated into his apartment and closed the door while Malzahn and the second officer called for help. Malzahn ordered Timberlake out of the apartment and arrested him without further incident.

Barefoot was treated at WakeMed and released.

The Police Department has placed Malzahn on administrative leave while it reviews the use of a firearm by an officer.

Timberlake was charged with assault on a female, in relation to an earlier altercation with his girlfriend, according to police. Also, after a review by the Wake County District Attorney’s Office, Timberlake was additionally charged with two counts of assault with a firearm on a law enforcement officer.

The State Bureau of Investigation has declined to investigate Barefoot’s shooting because it found the injury to be an accident.

Timberlake remains in custody at Wake County Detention Center.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
you are right Bob. You can't make this stuff up. :eek:

I found the link and added it to your post for you.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob I added the story for you.

And you are right, you can't make that up!

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys for adding the link and the story.

My wife and are on a trip to the Grand Canyon and there is not very good cell phone or wifi connections out here. At dinner tonight, I told the folks at the table this story and everyone was laughing so hard they were crying.

Bob

loboloco

Hey, this is Raleigh. they still haven't figured out this whole 'serve and protect' thing, much less the fine points of training for a hectic encounter.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is another "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" Story.

Crazy. Only in WV. :wow:

Woman Arrested For Biting Off Pit Bull’s Testicles[/B]

MADISON, West Virginia –

Witnesses told police this week that they pleaded with Boone county resident, Audrey Ranch, 62, to stop hurting her son’s pit bull, but she refused.

“Eventually she bit Pedro’s acorns clean off right there in the front yard,” a witness said. “Pedro hightailed it screeching like a wild Indian and when I tried to subdue Audrey, she knocked me out with an old tricycle.”

Realizing the police had been called and knowing she had time to hide (it is a 45 minute drive to her house), Mrs. Ranch cut off a length of garden hose, dug a hole and had her son help bury her. She used the garden hose as a breathing apparatus.

Officers from the Boone County Sheriff’s Office arrived, unburied Ranch and arrested her without incident.

Ranch explained her actions to police: “My son ate all the meat and I had warned him if he ate all the meat, I’d eat his dog.”

The dog underwent emergency surgery and is expected to make a full recovery. Ranch is facing charges of aggravated animal cruelty.

http://www.moron.com/biting-off-pit-bulls-testicles/

Attachments

• BitTesticlesOffPitBull.jpg
    BitTesticlesOffPitBull.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 133

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
How the hell can they say the dog will make a full recovery, he'll never have sex again...........:whistling:

Kane

How the hell can they say the dog will make a full recovery, he'll never have sex again...........:whistling:

Oh, the dog will have sex again. Believe me. He'll still bump anything. But because of the crazy old bitch, he'll just not become a daddy. And as an added plus, he'll come to hate ugly old women. He'll either attack them ... or run like hell.