• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

bombie with a twist photos again

HUMUNGUS

Heres the new improved bombardier, body diamond checker, engine 350 auto,cedar interior. We took it out to lake wpg last week what a blast. runs and drives great in deep snow. poor fishing but great ride regards Dan/Ken

Attachments

• st lucia 015.JPG
    st lucia 015.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 332
  • bombie first ride 009.jpg
    bombie first ride 009.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 332
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 339
  • bombie fist trip outside 014.jpg
    bombie fist trip outside 014.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 323
  • st lucia 016.JPG
    st lucia 016.JPG
    284 KB · Views: 327
  • bombie first ride 014.jpg
    bombie first ride 014.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 337
  • st lucia 017.JPG
    st lucia 017.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 341

the old trucker

HUMUNGUS, you have a very interesting & rare B12. It's the second metal woody I've seen. In the fifth (5) pic down I see you have a different steering wheel with a column that looks like it isn't braced to the dash like the originals. How is it secured ? Would the gearshift be the red arm with the Hurst shifter on it ?
What is the long lever just to the left of the gas pedal,where the brake was, some sort of brake lever ? Whereabouts you live in Manitoba. I have a few friends around Lake Winnipeg. It looks to be a wide gauge. Any pics of the engine bay.
OT.

HUMUNGUS

I will take some current pics of eng bay . I am from st andrews,the steering wheel is secured by tube over, red arm is brake with caliper on dr shaft, diamond willow handle on long stick is the shifter (auto) & is original bombie strg wheel. I will send new pic tomorrow regards Dan p/s i got lucky with strg box, straight up no u joints lol

Attachments

• bombie 001.jpg
    bombie 001.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 310

the old trucker

I will take some current pics of eng bay . I am from st andrews,the steering wheel is secured by tube over, red arm is brake with caliper on dr shaft, diamond willow handle on long stick is the shifter (auto) & is original bombie strg wheel. I will send new pic tomorrow regards Dan p/s i got lucky with strg box, straight up no u joints lol
==========================================================
First time I saw a steering wheel like that on a bombardier. Could you get a more front on pic of it. To me it looks like a flat BANJO style wheel with four rods in each finger. Did you say you have power steering on it. Any chance of getting a bit of info & a couple pics on it's hooked up & a look at how the trans is hooked up.
All I did with mine was change the end where the original one hooked up to the other side. Mine is far from finished. Always looking for more ideas.

Here is the before pic.

PICT0555.jpg

And here is the after pic. Now it shifts like a normal car...

PICT0558.jpg

HUMUNGUS

Hi Doc heres the pic u wanted. The steerin column sits straight up from box as shown before,pitman arm on bottom facing rear hooks perfectly to steering linkage, wat a lucky find , dont know where its from but im guessing from 30 or 40s tractor. i believe wheel is a 1936 banjo wheel worth a lot of money lol.there is NO power steering , armstrong.Here we are putting on new air intake system for coolant system. Hope it works.The silver bullet will be lake worthy this Saturaday, some fishing mabey , lol ps if u look closely at the wheel pic u will see a brace made of checker plate 6 in down.

Attachments

• engine bay 001.jpg
    engine bay 001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 270
  • engine bay 002.JPG
    engine bay 002.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 274
  • engine bay 003.jpg
    engine bay 003.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 272
  • engine bay 004.jpg
    engine bay 004.jpg