• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snocats in Maine?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Do you know of any places where it would be legal ?
New Hampshire doesn't allow vehicles over 52" wide (or some number like that) on snowmobile trails. So we'd need to find a large land owner who's land had trails and views and was near gas and motels and parking.
Then there is the unpredictability of eastern weather....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like some folks out East should organise, and have one....

Staying away from snow mobile trails is the challenge. Any forestry roads that snowmobiles don't typically use? Pulic lands? This is the callenge. Hopefully some one is up to it.

Regards, Kirk

Dick

New Hampshire groomer rodeo Friday Feb 8 and sat Feb 9 Jerico Mountain State park berlin NH as of now I am going friday

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If I knew that there would be snow I could get one going on a very large farm with hundreds of acres and nice terrain.

Right on the NH/ME border.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

No kidding. I went up to our camp in NY (NW of Tug Hill area) to sled last weekend and there was only 10"-12" on the camps trails (unmaintained . . .for now :smile:). Anywhere the state groomer had hit on the way in had maybe 2" - 4". With the warm weather today and warm/rain tomorrow, I'm glad we didn't choose this weekend.

Heck, on the way home it was 57 degrees in Nashua and within seven miles the temperature was 37. With no elevation gain!

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you know of any places where it would be legal ?
New Hampshire doesn't allow vehicles over 52" wide (or some number like that) on snowmobile trails. So we'd need to find a large land owner who's land had trails and views and was near gas and motels and parking.

There is a real nice spot in Maine, hundreds of private acres,
trails, mountain views..............I think the guy that owns it is a member on here. I think he even has a couple of snowcats:whistling:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I bet I know who Boggie means :whistling:

640 acres is a square mile. That's not really very much space for a snowcat adventure even if it's riddled with trails. A couple of thousand acres would be more like it.
New England doesn't have the wide open public lands like in the west. What we have is National Forest which usually isn't open to vehicles.
Old logging trails often have big stumps and rocks requiring lots of snow.
I have some ideas I'll look into.