• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1200C rebuild

nutsster

I like it! :thumb:
Looks very similar to my project, except it had far more issues to fix. :applause:
I also reskinned the doors and part of the cab. :smileywac
I love to see these older machines restored and made like new. Not many of the new cats can come close to performing in deep snow like these machines. They might be smoother with hydostatics and quieter, but nearly all have a heavier foot print. :letitsnow:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
nutsster said:
They might be smoother with hydostatics and quieter, but nearly all have a heavier foot print. :letitsnow:
And the new ones can easily cost $100,000 more than the ones we play with. :4_11_9:
But I agree that sure is a nice rebuild. It is also nice to see the detailed worksheet that they included that showed what was done to each part of the machine. That simple worksheet is missing from what each of us have done in our rebuilds, but it is a nice way to recap the project.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
This is a nice restore for sure! After this up and comming winter season I will go through my Thiokol like they did. For now I just need a nice clean dependable unit.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
I really like the wiring work they did.
It would seem that most of the cats operate off of the same base electrical model so is there a standard wiring harness that anyone makes? When it comes to the electical I feel that during a restoration it's best to just do the whole thing over with electronic ignition, etc... then upgrade power and modernize with suitable electronics, massive lighting, and satellite internet so hit the forums from the back country. ;)

So, anyone have a supplier of bog-standard wiring harnesses good for cat use with standard engine sensing equipment, etc...???