• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Ford C-Max

AndyM

Charter Member
I've been looking at used small cars, preferably small wagon-type cars (not too many exist anymore). Anyone know anything about the Ford C-Max?

http://www.ford.com/cars/cmax/

Looking at some that are two years old, and I noticed they are pretty cheap. I'm guessing they don't hold resale value because it's an unpopular car? I've haven't heard anything negative about them, but haven't really heard anything about them. I actually saw one on the road today.

Other possibilities are the Toyota Prius V and Hyundai Elantra Touring (discontinued after 2012). I'm not sure what else is in the small wagon category. Kia Soul and Nissan Cube are NOT on my short list.

Back to the Ford C-Max... Any thoughts?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm, I don't even recall seeing one of those on the road, but I've not been looking. It reminds me of the vehicle a lady that just retired from my wifes work bought, a new Honda CR-V
In looking for a pic of the CR-V I saw the VW golf, so I grabbed pics of both for you. I believe both of these have been around a while so 2 year old ones should be readily available if you want to consider them in your hunt. Good luck.

Attachments

• Golf_ModernHatch.PNG
    Golf_ModernHatch.PNG
    138.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Golf_SportWagon.PNG
    Golf_SportWagon.PNG
    135.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Honda_CR-V.PNG
    Honda_CR-V.PNG
    381.5 KB · Views: 111

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
First, nice to see you back here Andy!

Second, I honestly have never even met someone who I know who has a CMax. I've only seen a few of them on the road.

Third, its a Ford and for the past few years Ford has really stepped up its game and improved its vehicles (not that they were ever bad). Their telematics are still pretty lousy, but I would suspect that the CMax, being on the economy end of their product range, probably has the more basic system which was not the one with issues. So I would say that if the reviews are good then go with it. Being that it is not a popular body style in the USA, it probably can be purchased at a bargain price due to depreciation. Let someone else lose on the depreciation and you can get the benefit of the vehicle.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hmmm, I don't even recall seeing one of those on the road, but I've not been looking. It reminds me of the vehicle a lady that just retired from my wifes work bought, a new Honda CR-V
In looking for a pic of the CR-V I saw the VW golf, so I grabbed pics of both for you. I believe both of these have been around a while so 2 year old ones should be readily available if you want to consider them in your hunt. Good luck.

Lyndon uses his newer one for skiing . lays his long skis in the back.
we done a few road trips and it is low cost and excellent quality