• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is wrong with RV fluid

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
To winterize the washing machine. Winterizing our cabin running RV fluid through the whole place and wife doesnt want any RV fluid in her washing machine. Would rather I pull it out from the wall and get the water out pulling the hoses off everything. Says RV fluid will wreck the machine.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
To winterize the washing machine. Winterizing our cabin running RV fluid through the whole place and wife doesnt want any RV fluid in her washing machine. Would rather I pull it out from the wall and get the water out pulling the hoses off everything. Says RV fluid will wreck the machine.
Nothing that I am aware of as long as you use the right stuff. :smile:

Maybe she thinks it would be hard to get out of the system like car antifreeze would be and ruin any clothes washed in it later. :unsure:

Heres a snippet from Dows website.

1. Fill the system with specially formulated DOWFROST™ RVR propylene glycol RV winterization fluid. Choosing the right winterization fluid product is important to ensure the safety of people or pets that might come in contact with and swallow spilled or stored liquid. Choose a propylene glycol mixture. These products can provide freeze and burst protection as low as -50°F, and are generally safe for people and the environment.
    Tip: Don't dilute DOWFROST™ RVR fluid. DOWFROST™ RVR is purchased as a premixed solution. Adding water as you install it will raise the freezing point and reduce the protection for your water system.
    Tip: DOWFROST™ RVR Freeze Protection Fluid, a product of The Dow Chemical Company, is safe for incidental contact with people or animals and can also prevent harmful pollution of ground and surface water in the event of a spill. This fluid is specially formulated for use in RVs and other seasonal equipment, is readily biodegradable and is practically non-toxic to aquatic life, which can help protect the environment.
    Don't use automotive antifreeze. Never use automotive antifreeze for water system winterization. Most auto antifreeze is made from ethylene glycol, which is more toxic than propylene glycol and is harmful to humans and pets. And don't use windshield washer fluid, either, as it can freeze solid at subzero temperatures.
http://www.dow.com/dowfrostrvr/winterization/rv_winterization.htm

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
No different than an RV. Run a cycle in the spring with fresh water and it will be gone. That peppermint taste won't hurt the clothes either!

Trakternut

Or run a bunch of vinegar with a complete wash cycle on an empty machine. My coworker worked for an RV place and that's how they dewinterized RV's in the spring.