• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I think I despise Doctors

Bamby

I think I despise Doctors had to go see one yesterday. Due to the holidays I ran out of a script for some time because the refills had expired. Anyway I observed a few things to my liking the last few days that I wanted to preserve.

One being my eyesight was improved and one of the side effect qualities of the script was blurred vision. Two my shoulder pain had eased up considerably and joint pain is also a known side effect of the medication.

On the concerns side vitamin deficiency are also well documented with this script. And vitamin B12 and Low magnesium are both critical for good overall health.

Previous Drug was: Pantoprazole and replaced by: Omeprazole

So I protested and asked about going without or for an alternative. One was granted and I just now looked it up it's just another name with more or less all the same issues including the drug induced vitamin deficiency.

For the life of me I can't figure out how solving one problem by creating another problem is in my best interest as far as my overall health.

Previous drug was: Pantoprazole and replaced with: Omeprazole

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Does the doctor have you on prilosec/zantac in conjunction?
Protonix, similar.
Side effects.
Anything that is that strong is going to cause a lot of unwanted headaches, perhaps literally.

Bamby

Omeprazole is comparable to prilosec they are both proton pump inhibitors. One of the biggest things a person can do for the condition is to quit smoking which is what I did when I landed in the hospital haven't had a smoke since.

What I'd like to do is simply this, go off the script and see if the condition has healed or corrected itself. I understand the original need because my lower esophagus and a stomach ulcer needed time and help to heal. But they've both healed up though their is some lingering damage to my lower esophagus.

But to be one these meds it looks like long term health consequences is assured if I stay on them.