• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tooth implant question

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my crown broke off and I have a choice of a bridge or implant. I don't know much about either of them . are implants ok? it sounds like a long process.
jim

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
my crown broke off and I have a choice of a bridge or implant. I don't know much about either of them . are implants ok? it sounds like a long process.
jim

If it cracked off, the dentist may suggest an implant rather than a bridge.
Or, he may be able to just reattach the crown depending on the damage.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
If it cracked off, the dentist may suggest an implant rather than a bridge.
Or, he may be able to just reattach the crown depending on the damage.

I didn't explain good,sorry.
it broke off and not enough of it to hold a crown. so he asked if I wanted a implant or bridge. i'm scheduled for removal in October and he needs to know.
I only know what he told me about them. the wife says every implant she has heard of got infected.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't explain good,sorry.
it broke off and not enough of it to hold a crown. so he asked if I wanted a implant or bridge. i'm scheduled for removal in October and he needs to know.
I only know what he told me about them. the wife says every implant she has heard of got infected.
The implant won't get infected if you do good after care.
Like keeping it clean, following what the dental surgeon tells you to the letter.
You're also going to be asked to come back for follow up.
Good luck.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
If I were in your position, I would scour the internet for all the info I could find on the subject and try to be well versed in all the potential pitfalls.

Best of luck, sir.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Wife has had five implants. She had bridges. She is very happy about her teeth these days.
And there is a difference in high volume offices and true professionals.
You need to shop around.
Not for cheap, but for appropriate.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife got an implant last year. No problems but ...it was a rather long process. 3 visits if I remember right. She is very happy with the end result.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks
I discovered a friend that has three and says that's the way to go.
jim