Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Off Topic Forums > Misc Consumers Forum

Misc Consumers Forum Good Deals, Bad Deals, problems with puchases, trouble with credit cards .... like the misc.consumers news group

Old 12-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,342 Times in 682 Posts
bczoom will become famous soon enoughbczoom will become famous soon enough
Style: T66
Default Delivery services (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL)...

Who do you like or don't?

I do a pretty decent amount of orders that require delivery (basically, I'm an Amazon shopper).

I find the delivery service varies significantly.

I give UPS 5-stars. My driver is awesome. Knows my name and calls me by it. Knows my dog and gives her treats. Spends the extra minute to make sure the delivery is right and/or hand deliver and talk with me about whatever.

USPS - Royally sucked until I got a new driver last year. Previous driver would throw the packages out her window. New driver is much better. 3.5 stars.

FedEx - Doesn't deliver much as I believe most packages are transferred to different carriers. Nice guy but has a crap route since he actually has to come from another State to deliver to me. 2.5 stars.

DHL or other international carriers. 1.5 stars. Yea, you may eventually get your package...
Danang Sailor (12-29-2017), FrancSevin (12-26-2017), jim slagle  (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Forum Admin

Thanked 12,794 Times in 5,216 Posts
Doc will become famous soon enoughDoc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Delivery services (UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL)...

I would give 5 stars to UPS, USPS and Fed Ex for my deliveries. They all do a great job, if we are not home they take care and put the package in a safe place.
We know our USPS driver best. He is a rural route mail deliverer. He drives his own car, which seems weird. A lot of our packages get to the Fed Ex or UPS hub and from their they hand off to the post office, so our USPS guy delivers them.

UPS is also very dependable and takes good care of our packages. USPS and UPS deliver 95% of our packages. Fed Ex fills out the other 5%. They also do a good job, I just do not see them as often.

I haven't seen a DHL truck in years.

Other Fun Forums:

Weekend Mudders + Net Tractor and RTV Talk + Net Cooking Talk
Old 12-26-2017, 05:27 PM
The Old Salt

Thanked 9,479 Times in 3,723 Posts
TiredRetired has a spectacular aura aboutTiredRetired has a spectacular aura about

5 Stars to UPS & USPS. 0 Stars to FEDEX. FEDEX sucks royally and made me drive 100 miles round trip to pick a package my wife ordered from Amazon because those worthless bastards could not be bothered to deliver it.

Never use DHL that I can recall.
Doc  (12-26-2017), jim slagle  (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 5,440 Times in 1,966 Posts
FrancSevin has a spectacular aura aboutFrancSevin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bczoom View Post
Who do you like or don't?

I do a pretty decent amount of orders that require delivery (basically, I'm an Amazon shopper).

I find the delivery service varies significantly.

I give UPS 5-stars. My driver is awesome. Knows my name and calls me by it. Knows my dog and gives her treats. Spends the extra minute to make sure the delivery is right and/or hand deliver and talk with me about whatever.

USPS - Royally sucked until I got a new driver last year. Previous driver would throw the packages out her window. New driver is much better. 3.5 stars.

FedEx - Doesn't deliver much as I believe most packages are transferred to different carriers. Nice guy but has a crap route since he actually has to come from another State to deliver to me. 2.5 stars.

DHL or other international carriers. 1.5 stars. Yea, you may eventually get your package...
UI score them about the same as you. But I'll add this,,,,;The Fedx Drivers and most mail persons are generally rude at worst, impolite at best. It is as though servicing the customer is an annoyance to their very important day.

And God forbid you don't have the right paperwork, codes and/or service. Air and ground are different people. Both are annoyed if you have the wrong one.

UPS guys, and the company, seem more interested in providing a full and friendly service. He shows up when called. the day you called , and takes whatever you have on the same truck.
Danang Sailor (12-29-2017), Doc  (12-26-2017), jim slagle  (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 06:28 PM

GlacierSean is on a distinguished road

UPS 5* FedEx 0*
UPS guy is always the same and knows my crazy driveway well. I only had to tell him once to put my packages in one of my cars if he can't get to my house. And at most I have had to wait two days for a snow delay.

FedEx sends a different driver every time. I have waited over a month for packages because it snowed in Colorado in the winter. When I call they say "the truck you saw in your neighborhood is express and your package is ground and keep waiting " I have put "put package in yellow truck" as my business name and they still don't. My favorite is when they waddle down my hill thru 5 feet of and knock on my door. So worthless it's unbelievable.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GlacierSean For This Useful Post:
Doc  (12-26-2017), FrancSevin (12-26-2017), jim slagle  (12-26-2017), TiredRetired (12-26-2017)
Old 12-26-2017, 08:16 PM
Silver Member

Thanked 2,274 Times in 1,118 Posts
Catavenger will become famous soon enoughCatavenger will become famous soon enough

I buy a lot of my cat food online and they use FEDEX. They told me that FEDEX doesn't do home delivery on Mondays.
What kind of company does that? Sundays yes but Mondays? So I don't like them for that reason.
Cats want their food quick!
The Following User Says Thank You to Catavenger For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 08:57 AM
Bronze Member

Thanked 1,171 Times in 566 Posts
JimVT is on a distinguished road

My area fedex delivers weekends. I had many items set just a town away over the weekend with ups.
#185 snow trac
2004 pistenbully canyon
The Following User Says Thank You to JimVT For This Useful Post:
jim slagle  (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Master of Distraction

PBinWA will become famous soon enoughPBinWA will become famous soon enough
Style: VB_Original_Style

My findings are similar to BC's.

Although I generally hate the USPS in my area. Crappy service and in-grained "union" attitude. I live on a rural route with a small community mailbox. If I get a big package delivered that clearly won't fit in the parcel box they "claim" they still take the package out in the truck and "attempt" to deliver it. So if I get the slip to pick up the parcel I have to wait until the next day to get the parcel because it is "still" out on the delivery truck.

Not to mention they have crappy hours that means if you work a regular work week you can only pickup parcels on Saturday afternoon or you have to take time off from work.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

-Gerald Ford

Old 12-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Bronze Member

Glenn9643 is on a distinguished road

If they closed down the USPS it would make me almost as happy as if the UN was shuttered.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn9643 For This Useful Post:
PBinWA  (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Gold Member

Thanked 2,472 Times in 1,221 Posts
EastTexFrank will become famous soon enough

My experience with delivery services is about the same as others here.

USPS is good at delivering junk mail but pretty much useless at delivering parcels. You get a postcard in the mail box and have to go to the Post Office to pick it up. We've had the same delivery lady since we've been here but most of the deliveries are handled by everchanging subcontractors.

Fedex, very seldom see them around here.

UPS is pretty good. We have 3 different people who make deliveries and it's been the same three people for 20 years. We're on first name terms and they know which fork in the driveway is best to use to get to the house and don't honk their horn when they get there, it drives the dogs crazy. If nobody is home they stick a note on the door and know the "safe place" to leave the delivery. All-in-all, UPS is by far the best option.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne as JB Books in "The Shootist".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EastTexFrank For This Useful Post:
Glenn9643 (12-28-2017), jim slagle  (12-27-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 07:09 PM
nullius in verba

Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,425 Posts
Danang Sailor has a spectacular aura aboutDanang Sailor has a spectacular aura about

On a scale of 0-10, UPS gets a "9", FedEx an "8", and the rest get lumped together as a "5" (at best).