• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

iPad receives email, but won't send email

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm at a loss . . . I can get my email from 3 different email accounts in my new iPad but I can't seem to get the iPad to send email.

Its no doubt that I'm missing something obvious in my settings but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is. I believe I have all the settings/ports/servers copied exactly the same was as are in my computer.

Can someone help me out? Anyone have this problem?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It is most likely in the SMTP settings for your mail client. It is usually under something like settings but I never touched an apple so not sure where it is on your.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Take it to the Genius Bar. They will get it going for you. On my iMac & Android devices it set everything up automatically. I only needed to enter in my Comcast email addresses and passwords and MacMail did the rest. I would assume your iPad would do the same. The geniuses will figger it out.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bob, in my settings I had to change the host name to the name of the smtp server to get it to work.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
If you use SSL, the iPads are really particular on what port you setup for the smpt.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Deleted the troublesome email account, re-entered it and now I magically have the ability to send email.