• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PG's What's Goin' On Thread

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like a wonderful time Brian.

Oh Bill, I did see those nasty storms made it over your way. They went just barely north of here AGAIN, but we did get some rain and thunder.

What a long day this has been.
Got one new admission in the nursing home.
Her name, well.. I'll just call her Mildred.
What a handful!! LOL
For some reason, I always fall in love instantly with the difficult ones.
When I was administering her first mantoux, she kept pulling her arm away, and I had to talk to her for about 20 minutes I swear.. and explain exactly what I was doing.
She said "Don't hurt me, don't you know I am old?"
That made me laugh out loud.. she got a hug for that :D
She shadowed me until 9:45 refusing to go to bed, following me up and down the hall as fast as she could in the wheelchair.
I bet she's still up. LOL

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Right after Harvick beat Junior on the last turn of the race the satellite went out for about 5 minutes. We got a bunch of rain again as well as lots of lightning. It is just now past us and moving east at 50 mph. Will see what the mess looks like in the morning.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Was watching the opening ceremony for the Indy 500 before I left today.
Every time Jim Nabors sings Back Home Again In Indiana, I get chills.
Caught some of it on televisions at work, saw Dan Weldon won, was hoping for Graham Rahal or Danica to win.

Keltin

Ran late tonight. Smoker has been going all day and the meat is coming off now. I so should've started earlier. But good smoked meat is good. Midnight snacks are in my future.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Very hot today,dry,dry,dry we need rain or the state is going to go up in flames:hammer: my favorite fishin hole is high in the mountains,but the forest sevice is going to close the trails before i can get up there:sad:.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Just watching the water rise. Comparing the elevations is Bismarck to known lower elevations down at the shop. Calculations show that the shop is still above water, barely.

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Just watching the water rise. Comparing the elevations is Bismarck to known lower elevations down at the shop. Calculations show that the shop is still above water, barely.

I hope the levels drop soon for you:smile:,wish this weather would change for the best for everyone,seems everyone who needs water won't get it,and everyone who wants it to dry up is up to their chest in it:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 2 of beautiful weather here!
Went and paid a visit to my sis- got some things done around the house that have been in serious need of attention.. lost track of time, so dinner was take out.
Relaxing now.. ahhhhh

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope the levels drop soon for you:smile:,wish this weather would change for the best for everyone,seems everyone who needs water won't get it,and everyone who wants it to dry up is up to their chest in it:hammer:

The water is going to rise for another week, then stay there, possibly until the middle of August.

I do believe that the Corps needs another way to predict the water levels as this one is not working to well. The output will be double of the previous record in 1975.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Me the weather is beautiful but I'm having lower back and hip pain that has me barely walking.

Trakternut

The water is going to rise for another week, then stay there, possibly until the middle of August.

I do believe that the Corps needs another way to predict the water levels as this one is not working to well. The output will be double of the previous record in 1975.

At the predicted crest, will your shop and other buildings be okay?

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
At the predicted crest, will your shop and other buildings be okay?

Depends upon which crest you are referring to. The first was 20.6 feet which equated to 1.83 above the base of the floor of the shop. The second was 19.5 feet and now looking at the five day which includes the 150 thousand cubic feet per second which is 18.9 feet at Bismarck which would equate the floor of the shop.

The current level is .03 feet over the estimate. Only time will tell if the sandbags will hold out the water until the middle of August.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just busy ............. This Spring my little side business appears to have taken off. Besides my FT work there hasn't been too many evenings and weekends that I haven't been out with the dump and/or TLB the last few weeks. Hell I even stock 2B limestone now, it's just easier to have it on hand so I have it when the quarry isn't open.

n2.jpg

I've been a bit scarce but I do manage to get on a couple times a day .......... :wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had breakfast at The Grind this morning.
Got the breakfast skillet with sour dough toast, and drank two coffees.

Normally I don't do breakfast, but this morning I felt hungry for some reason.
Now I'm all a' jitter from the damned coffee LOL

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice day here... hotter than hell though.
It was supposed to storm, but didn't.
Looks like they are getting slammed in Northern Ohio, lower Michigan and central Indiana.
Just getting sprinkles here right now.
I ate like a pig today (ribs, potato salad, baked beans.. and strawberry shortcake)
Went out to my friends Roxanne and John's country place and swam in the pool to cool off.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm off until the 11th, we have nothing planned ........... Cheryl and I worked on the garage yesterday, today we'll probably work on the aquariums. Mom mentioned she wanted to cook out Monday so that's probably what we'll do. The rest of the week will be up for grabs .............

Tentative: Help a friend build fence and "recondition" a leach bed, whoo hoo!

norscaner

Looking like a nice day here. Probably play in the flower gardens... a little stone work to do.:sad: myyy aching back:doh:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm out in windy Southern Manitoba for a family reunion/80th bday party for gramma. The weather has been hot and humid here. Not a cloud in the sky. We're heading out later this afternoon to head back towards Ontario driving in a 37ft RV pulling a car behind. Nice way to travel.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Took a break from weeding and rock picking to broadcast 800 lbs. of fertilizer on the upper fields. Then went to the fire hall for the ladies auxiliary dinner. Now it is so dang hot I need a break in the a/c. Hay cutting going on all over. Need to jump on this weather while it lasts.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Doing some laundry today and just general puttering around.. inside.. where it's COOL lol
A lazy Sunday.. love it! ;)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang wheel bearing went out in the discbine while cutting the next field out in front of my place. We tried a hub off the spare John Deere running gear but the spindle is a different diameter. Hopefully the local guy will be in tomorrow and have bearings. Sure hate to miss out on this weather.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pedaled some where around or over 100 miles and am enjoying the lake. Even got the boat out.

3e04ebcd.jpg

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Pedaled some where around or over 100 miles and am enjoying the lake. Even got the boat out.

What ! no action pics . :whistling: Looks nice and peacefull there , kind of surprising seeing its a holiday . Nice boat too , thanks for sharing . :wink:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Boat is 15 years old now. Not used much anymore. We got the cabin in 93 and used it a lot the first ten years. As for the lake being busy not so much. The last 4 years not much activity.