• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Slower Traffic Keep Right

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Danny, you are simply wrong.

Yes, I want you to get out of my way, but I won't ride your bumper. I will hang back at a reasonable distance and just be pissed at you for being a road hog, a jerk, or simply clueless.

Please re-read the posts. I am NOT the aggressive driver who rides up your tail and acts like a jerk.

I do drive fast, if you are 15mph over the limit and I am 20mph over the limit it is your legal requirement to move over.

Your post is excatly why I don't ride up the butts of drivers in front of me, because you clearly state that you are willing to be an asshole, while I clearly state that I am not willing to be one. I just want you to be aware of the laws. And if your GPS will track your speed, then you will get a ticket for speeding in court and you will lose if you show that you were 15mph over the limit. So you might end up with 2 tickets, one for failure to yield and another for speeding.

Now get out of my way, pay attention to the road, and don't even think about lumping me into the aggressive driver category.

Yeah - what he said!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Gatorboy said:
................. I'm not fully gung-ho on this site, but at least from time to time there are some interesting topics to discuss and I love not having to "censor" my thoughts from possible forum violations.

That is OK with me, because there are still a lot of people here wondering why you were allowed in after you feigned being Hakim......:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: I keep telling them that you are OK once you get to know and understand him.... I won't put into print what their comments are.......:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Gatorboy

Junkman said:
That is OK with me, because there are still a lot of people here wondering why you were allowed in after you feigned being Hakim...

I never claimed to be Hakim from TBN ... it was just a username I picked.

I really don't care what those who gossip in the PM world have to say about me, for they obviously don't have the balls to deal with me directly, if I am such a thorn in their side.

Maybe they are poking along in the left-hand lane trying to figure out why so many cars are lined up behind them. :wave:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Wannafish said:
Aha...guess I should have read a little further! You da man - not da idiot.
Richard, Not a problem, sometimes my Scotish ways baffle people, and I have to explain a couple times or three!:yum::tiphat::beer:

jwstewar

I guess I have bigger pet peeves when driving than people driving in the left lane. My 2 biggest pet peeves are when I'm following someone (probably already a little closer then I should be) and someone decides their vehicle will "fit" in there they cut over. This really bothers me in the truck (just a 1500 Silverado) because it is larger and still takes a little longer to stop then the average sub-compact - especially if I have it loaded with stuff or pulling a trailer. The other one that bugs me is either when your are wanting to get off at a popular exit and there is a line and somebody decides they are too good to wait in line like the rest of us and run clear up to the front and try to cut in. This also holds true for construction zones where they have arrows and signs up for miles but they must not pertain to them.:17875: :moon:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim,
If Im already in the correct lane, they'll play hell getting in front of me.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree that slower traffic should keep right . If You aren't passing, stay to the right Period. But my biggest Peeve is those who travel down a merge ramp at a decent speed only to come to a full stop at the end of it !!

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
I'm getting in late on this discussion. I just signed up (1st post). In the past 5 years I've driven in 41 of the lower 48 states. My opinion is. the worst roads (read drivers) are Mass., Conn. & New York. Once I've driven west of PA or south of Richmond I'm in driving heaven. There's also the city vs rural argument, last Sept. I drove thru Chicago at evening rush hour pulling a 28 ft equipment trailer. I had to pay attention no doubt but it was a piece of cake when compared to 128 or 495 outside of Boston or 84 Thru Hartford. I actually enjoy driving in places like OK City where I can actually let someone go ahead of me without horns blowing and birds flying. I restate for what it's worth 'only my opinion'

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
RoadKing said:
I'm getting in late on this discussion. I just signed up (1st post). In the past 5 years I've driven in 41 of the lower 48 states. My opinion is. the worst roads (read drivers) are Mass., Conn. & New York. Once I've driven west of PA or south of Richmond I'm in driving heaven. There's also the city vs rural argument, last Sept. I drove thru Chicago at evening rush hour pulling a 28 ft equipment trailer. I had to pay attention no doubt but it was a piece of cake when compared to 128 or 495 outside of Boston or 84 Thru Hartford. I actually enjoy driving in places like OK City where I can actually let someone go ahead of me without horns blowing and birds flying. I restate for what it's worth 'only my opinion'

Nice avatar RK.......................:thumb:

http://www.slowertraffickeepright.com

go here and request one of their free bumper stickers...I put one on my car a few weeks back...kinda surprised at the number of people who get over after I've passed them on the right.

now if i can just find a sticker that says:

"if there are no cars in front of you and more than three behind you, YOU'RE THE PROBLEM"

Gatorboy

These probably works better:

n065_wind.jpg

stkr.jpg

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Gatorboy said:
I tried finding those for sale, but only found images without a way to order.

A local sign maker should be able to make one at a reasonable cost.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
As luck would have it, I saw a right lane indy driver get pulled over the other day...............laughed my butt off as his mustang and him got tamed by a state lady.............

jerk cut me off getting on the ramp to the highway "after" I was in the CORRECT lane to get on the road..............serves him right.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
ddrane2115 said:
As luck would have it, I saw a right lane indy driver get pulled over the other day...............laughed my butt off as his mustang and him got tamed by a state lady.............

jerk cut me off getting on the ramp to the highway "after" I was in the CORRECT lane to get on the road..............serves him right.

Danny, while I agree that he deserved to be pulled over (as does anyone who speeds, drives recklessly, or refuses to move to the right lane) what is missing from your post is that he was in the correct lane. This thread is about being in the right lane unless you are passing. It is not about speeding.

Every day on my way to work I drive a road that has a 60mph speed limit. There are typically a handful of cars that plop themselves in the left lane and do 55mph. My observation is that these are people who typically are making a left turn about 5 or 10 miles up the road from where I am forced to pass them on the right. They typically refuse to move over no matter how many cars are piled up behind them.

They erroneously believe it is their 'right' to stay in the left lane.

Slower traffic move right!

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
He was speeding, plain and simple! Does not matter what lane. Probably one of those that think, ah clear right lane, I can go as fast as I want........with no regard for those he may put in danger.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I would not presume to know what goes on in the minds of other drivers. It would probably scare me. But if he was in the right lane and passed you then you were both in the wrong lanes.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Well I would not presume to know what goes on in the minds of other drivers. It would probably scare me. But if he was in the right lane and passed you then you were both in the wrong lanes.

woops left lane, but the sucker still needed to get a ticket

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This new Louisiana law should please the majority of our membership here:

New law says left lane for passing only

Most states actually have something like this. Here is a link to a summary of the LEFT LANE LAWS > > > http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

In my state (Indiana) slower traffic must stay in the right lane. The law appears to require you to move to the right lane if you are driving slower than the average speed of the flowing traffic. It does not say at the speed limit, but refers to the traffic flow speed instead.

IC 9-21-8-2
Roadways; use of right half; exceptions; traveling at reduced speeds
Sec. 2. (a) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway except as follows:
(1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing overtaking and passing.
(2) When the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic under construction or repair.
(3) Upon a roadway divided into three (3) marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable to a roadway divided into three (3) marked lanes.
(4) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.
(b) Upon all roadways, a vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place under the conditions then existing shall be driven:
(1) in the right-hand lane then available for traffic; or
(2) as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway;
except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.​

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This new Louisiana law should please the majority of our membership here:

New law says left lane for passing only
Doesn't help much in my neck of the woods. The 4 lane highways I travel most are not limited access. IOW we have intersections every few miles where you can turn left or right. Way to many folks get in the left lane because they plan to turn 5 miles down the road. No problem if no one is beside them, but way to often someone or more than one car is in the right hand lane driving about the same speed as the nitwit who plans to turn way down the road.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with slower traffic keeping to the right and get ticked at drivers taking it upon themselves to 'make' me drive the speed limit by plugging up the left lane. Having said that, I also have developed an issue with drivers tailgating, flashing their lights, honking and flipping me off when I'm driving the speed limit in the right lane of a 4 lane road.

Since I just bought a pretty large motorcoach I'm not all that familiar with it and an certainly not ready to run over the speed limit with it. I figured the best way for me to acquaint myself with the driving characteristics of the coach is to actually drive the thing and gain a feel for it. That was what I was doing yesterday. Being that I was only going to drive at the posted speed limit, or maybe a couple of mph over, I stayed in the right lane minding my own business and making adjustments to the mirrors, making sure that I gained a feel for how to stay perfectly centered in my lane with it etc.

While doing so I twice had people get extremely rude when they were behind me. I'm sorry, but if I'm in the right lane, running a couple mph over the speed limit, not weaving and maintaining a constant speed (cruise was set), I refuse to speed just because someone behind me, in the right lane, is getting upset. I know it's wrong, but couldn't help but have the thought of seeing how well their Dodge Neon would hold up to ramming a 33,000 pound vehicle from behind. :smile: But, no, I didn't do that. Still, I think it's rude of people to tailgate, honk, flash and flip you off when you're running at or over the posted speed limit while in the right lane.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The Baltimorons from Maryland make it so bad on Pa. interstates that they erected huge signs at the border to remind them of Pa. law. It does not help much. Most times there is an idiot in the left lane they will have a Maryland plate and be talking on their cell phone. The troopers do get some of them but not enough. I believe in running with the flow of traffic regardless of the speed they are running. This is far safer than being a traffic hazard by hogging the left lane.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Baltimorons from Maryland make it so bad on Pa. interstates that they erected huge signs at the border to remind them of Pa. law.
Hang on there Bill... Those of us in PA are surrounded by the worst drivers in the country. I've found those from UPSTATE NY aren't bad but with Ohio to our West and NJ to our East and NYC to our NE, we are frequented by the worst there is.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I agree with slower traffic keeping to the right and get ticked at drivers taking it upon themselves to 'make' me drive the speed limit by plugging up the left lane. Having said that, I also have developed an issue with drivers tailgating, flashing their lights, honking and flipping me off when I'm driving the speed limit in the right lane of a 4 lane road.

Since I just bought a pretty large motorcoach I'm not all that familiar with it and an certainly not ready to run over the speed limit with it. I figured the best way for me to acquaint myself with the driving characteristics of the coach is to actually drive the thing and gain a feel for it. That was what I was doing yesterday. Being that I was only going to drive at the posted speed limit, or maybe a couple of mph over, I stayed in the right lane minding my own business and making adjustments to the mirrors, making sure that I gained a feel for how to stay perfectly centered in my lane with it etc.

While doing so I twice had people get extremely rude when they were behind me. I'm sorry, but if I'm in the right lane, running a couple mph over the speed limit, not weaving and maintaining a constant speed (cruise was set), I refuse to speed just because someone behind me, in the right lane, is getting upset. I know it's wrong, but couldn't help but have the thought of seeing how well their Dodge Neon would hold up to ramming a 33,000 pound vehicle from behind. :smile: But, no, I didn't do that. Still, I think it's rude of people to tailgate, honk, flash and flip you off when you're running at or over the posted speed limit while in the right lane.

Maybe its all those bumper stickers you have . . .

my_carbon_footprint_bumper_sticker-p128799072597535277tmn6_525.jpg

powered_by_magic_bumper_sticker-p128617401543137706tmn6_525.jpg

:poke: