• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Great quote(s) for the times we're in .........

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
"... This is the man America needs. This is the man who will wake up every day with the determination to solve the problems that others say can't be solved, to fix what others say is beyond repair. This is the man who will work harder than anyone so that we can work a little less hard. I can't tell you what will happen over the next four years. But I can only stand here tonight, as a wife, a mother, a grandmother, an American, and make you this solemn commitment: This man will not fail. This man will not let us down. This man will lift up America!"- Ann Romney, future first lady :biggrin:

Funny, Jaun Williams reported Ann Romney came accross as fake.
but,
Megyn Kelly immediately tore him a new one. I don't believe I have ever seen her so angry.

Kane

"... This is the man America needs. This is the man who will wake up every day with the determination to solve the problems that others say can't be solved, to fix what others say is beyond repair. This is the man who will work harder than anyone so that we can work a little less hard. I can't tell you what will happen over the next four years. But I can only stand here tonight, as a wife, a mother, a grandmother, an American, and make you this solemn commitment: This man will not fail. This man will not let us down. This man will lift up America!"- Ann Romney, future first lady :biggrin:
This woman will make an honorable First Lady.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, when I watched her (Ann) speak, it brought me to tears.
Tears of hope.
Every single thing she said was honest and right to the point.
She was speaking first and foremost about her husband, and proudly so.. her husband who just so happens to be awaiting his occupancy in the White House.

'Course every media slam Tom, Dick and Harry are going to play the game over the coming weeks.
I listened to a bit of talk radio concerning it (NPR) (Juan Williams)..
blehh..

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life. - Paul Ryan

So here’s the question: Without a change in leadership, why would the next four years be any different from the last four years? - - Paul Ryan

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
"Here is their plan. Whistle a happy tune while driving us off a fiscal cliff as long as they are behind the wheel of power when we fall." - Chris Christie

"The only just government is the government that serves its citizens, not itself." - Cardinal Timothy Dolan

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe 23 cents doesn't sound like a lot to someone with a Swiss bank account and Cayman Island investments - Lilly Ledbetter

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable.”
- H. L. Mencken​

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
“The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable.”
- H. L. Mencken​
:clap: :clap: :clap: GREAT find CG. :tiphat: Thanks!!!!

Kane

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured, but not everyone must prove they are a citizen to vote."

"Many of those who refuse, or are unable, to prove they are citizens, can vote, will receive free insurance, paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance, because they are citizens."

Things NOT said by Obama.

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
The latent causes of faction are thus sown in the nature of man; and we see them everywhere brought into different degrees of activity, according to the different circumstances of civil society. A zeal for different opinions concerning religion, concerning government, and many other points, as well of speculation as of practice; an attachment to different leaders ambitiously contending for pre-eminence and power; or to persons of other descriptions whose fortunes have been interesting to the human passions, have, in turn, divided mankind into parties, inflamed them with mutual animosity, and rendered them much more disposed to vex and oppress each other than to co-operate for their common good. So strong is this propensity of mankind to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions and excite their most violent conflicts. . . . ~James Madison; Federalist No.10

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Before 1828, the Democratic Party did not exist, and in 1828 it was the third party.
Before 1854, the Republican Party did not exist, and in 1854 it was the third party.
When told by the Whigs and Federalists that they were wasting their vote, someone voted for them anyway - An FF friend.. :)

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
"A culture that does not grasp the vital interplay between morality and power, which mistakes management techniques for wisdom, and fails to understand that the measure of a civilization is its compassion, not its speed or ability to consume, condemns itself to death."
- Chris Hedges​

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
314924_10151121008399454_488393184_n.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
"If mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." -- John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I figure when the S hits the F the two parties will drop their pretense of conflict and form a “National Unity Party” to “get the country moving again.” Then anyone who calls bullshit on it will be labeled a domestic terrorist (hell we already are). Then the dipshits who are currently wasting everyone’s time arguing about binders and empty chairs will clasp hands and sing Kumbaya while the final vestiges of democratic republicanism are destroyed.
See you guys at Camp FEMA.
~Anonymous commenter at The Burning Platform

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I figure when the S hits the F the two parties will drop their pretense of conflict and form a “National Unity Party” to “get the country moving again.” Then anyone who calls bullshit on it will be labeled a domestic terrorist (hell we already are). Then the dipshits who are currently wasting everyone’s time arguing about binders and empty chairs will clasp hands and sing Kumbaya while the final vestiges of democratic republicanism are destroyed.
See you guys at Camp FEMA.
~Anonymous commenter at The Burning Platform
:clap:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
From Trebor Ehcyd:
"Never stand directly in front of the fan. That way, when the shit hits, you'll be somewhere else."
"Never leave the house unarmed. You never know when you're going to meet someone who needs killing."

From Robert A. Heinlein:
"The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."
"An armed society is a polite society."

From Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb):
"
The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90 mph, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is
to lower the speed limit to 20."

From Dr. Mike Adams:
"The gun control extremist has at least two things in common with the Islamic extremist. He has a willingness to die for his
fundamental beliefs. And he has the sanctimony to demand that others go with him."

From Clint Eastwood:
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”

From Paul Hagar: (this one should be required reading for the Brady folks)
”One of the arguments that had been made against gun control was that an armed citizenry was the final bulwark
against tyranny. My response had been that untrained, lightly-armed non-soldiers couldn’t prevail against a modern
army. I had concluded that the qualitative difference in firepower was such that all of the previous rules of guerilla
war no longer applied. Both Vietnam and Afghanistan demonstrated that wasn’t true. Repelling an armed invasion
is not something that American citizens are likely to face, but the possibility of a despotic government coming to power is
not wholly unthinkable. One of the sequellae of Vietnam was the rise of the Khmer Rouge and slaughter of perhaps a
million Cambodian citizens. Those citizens, like the Jews in Germany or the Armenians in Turkey, were unarmed and thus
utterly and completely defenseless against police and paramilitary. An armed minority was able to kill and terrorize
unarmed victims with total impunity.”

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good quotes, especially lowering the speed limit to 20. :yum:

Brady folks might read all those quotes but I doubt they would see the light. They insist on keeping their eyes closed.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
“It’s over. If these numbers are true, it’s over,” -Bob Beckel, Democratic Blowhard, on new Gallup Numbers.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
"Well, the math stuff I was fine with up until about seventh grade. But Malia is now a freshman in high school and I'm pretty lost." --Barack Obama
No wonder his economic recovery is the worst since the Great Depression.

AndyM

Charter Member
"We have way too many elephants and donkeys. We need more eagles."

(posted on Facebook by one of my longtime friends)

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
"This country, every country, even civilization itself - all were born in blood at the point of a sword. And all that have
remained, have remained solely because that sword was every ready in the hands of stalwart patriots prepared to die if
necessary in order to keep it so
."

DS

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
“One thing he’s gonna be asked is, why did he jump on the hurricane so quickly and go back to D.C. so quickly when in…Benghazi, he went to Las Vegas?
Why was this so quick?… At some point, somebody’s going to ask that question…. This is like the inverse of Benghazi." -Former FEMA Director Michael Brown

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
"I think the best thing would be for Obama to get voted out and President
Romney to make him ambassador to Libya since we have a vacancy there."