• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Help needed for my Daughters project.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The box of goodies is going out on Thursday Galv. There's a reason for that.
Even included a goodie in there for you. Can't wait til you try it lol
:D

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Galvi,

What States is Lilly missing now? If time maybe some of friends could send one? If I am nice I could talk my sister in law to send one from North Dakota, but maybe tnutz has already???

List of received so far...

Minnesota
New Hampshire
Florida
Virgina
Erie Pennsylvania
Fort Madison Iowa
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Maine
Washington
Kentucky
Wisconsin
Kansas
Arizona
New York
Oregon
Atlanta Georgia
Hawaii
New Mexico
West Virginia
Texas

some repeats but thats fine as everyone is a different view of America.

Also 1 from France and 1 From Wales.

31 postcards so far so pretty good and i know there is more on the way.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Galvatron

Todays sack attack...Thanks Bobcat and Doc.:wink:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 119

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your welcome Galv.
That mansion is on an island. We cruised by it when Vin and Mary visited last year. Tomorrow you should get one mailed from Ohio with a pic of the Ohio River.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sent the 5 lb box out today LOL
Lilly's going to think it's Christmas when it arrives :D
In addition to the Ohio State t shirt, I found her a bright yellow John Deere one in the girl's section of a local store. It says Go Play In The Dirt with the Deere logo.
Also included surprises for Mrs. Galv and himself.
What fun!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't know if these will make it in time but it's worth a try: I used to live in Massachusetts, and just happen to have an unused post card from there, I currently live in Washington state and I believe you already have one from here, BUT I work in Alaska, and even though I won't be there until the 15th, I happen to have a good picture I made myself of a caribou in Prudhoe Bay Alaska.

Galvatron

Todays Mail Bag....

And i must say one of my favorites.:thumb:

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 92

Galvatron

Todays mail bag.......thanks again to everyone.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 77

Galvatron

Todays mail bag and all this is from PG....PG the time effort and lets not forget $$$ you have put into this is truly above and beyond anything i ever expected...i only asked for a bloody postcard:yum:....Thank you very much indeed and it all turned up just in time for tomorrows show and tell on the school project...i think the teachers will be amazed with your kindness and everyone else's kindness too....i will update what they think tomorrow.

Thank you everyone thats helped with this i am truly grateful and so is my Daughter...and thanks to PG as you can see in the pictures i now have a American Flag perched on my desk.:wink:

Attachments

• SDC10824.JPG
    SDC10824.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 69
  • SDC10825.JPG
    SDC10825.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 69

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like someone broke into the Nutty Bars - Galvi?

Uhhh . . . hey PG I think my girls are having a school project and ummm they need some stuff from Ohio. Oh yeah, they're a little on the chunky side so could you make the shirts size XL? :whistle:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I am thrilled to see everything arrived in one piece Galv!
It was my pleasure hun ;)
Oh, have you tried the jerky yet? :brows: lol

Galvatron

Well I am thrilled to see everything arrived in one piece Galv!
It was my pleasure hun ;)
Oh, have you tried the jerky yet? :brows: lol

I have not opened anything yet(Nobba my son did as you see)im letting Lilly take the whole box into school tomorrow for the project show and tell as i feel this will show the kids that where you are is not much different from what kids have here.

The Teachers have been talking of making a larger map to keep on the entrance hall with postcards to continue what Lilly has started....if it goes ahead i will be sure to post pics.

By the way Lilly tried on the John Deere T-shirt...little baggy but fits...the Ohio red T-shirt Elisha has nabbed...she is 14 yet it fits 100% fine and she loves it...but back into the box until after school tomorrow.

Big thanks once more you really made the project go to a new level:respect::thumb:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Again it was my pleasure, and from now on, be careful what you ask for.
:rolf2::wave:

Hugs to Lilly and all of you. :smile:

Galvatron

Lilly and her school got a real treat today...The Mail man arrived just before she left for school and she received from CowboyJG a real taste of Tennessee History...included was a Book of Tennessee with amazing pictures and history...a collection of 15 postcards showing amazing past images and a necklace Representing the Tennessee Volunteer University Football Team.

Today was the last day of term and the teachers and kids enjoyed learning so much about the USA with facts written up by Lilly,maps printed off and showing where all the postcards come from,sweets to tickle their taste buds and other items sent showing a nation i call friends of mine and the generosity of people that are members of a a group of Forums dotted all over the globe.

All the items i have now back at home and i will enjoy learning more with Lilly as time goes on and we shall be spending the summer Holidays replying to as many as possible as a personal thank you....and not forgetting picking 2 random postcards to send a prize to as an extra thank you.

Honestly everyone THANK YOU...you have made this a interesting and fun way of doing a school project.....Lilly sends a big hug to all that helped make this possible.

Todays Mail Bag from Cowboy....

Attachments

• SDC10830.JPG
    SDC10830.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 96
  • SDC10831.JPG
    SDC10831.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 102

Galvatron

My daughter has chosen 2 random postcards while blindfolded (she is now terrified of the dark:yum:)

winning 2..... BensPawPaw gets a inflatable cooler whilst Hula Mac gets a box of chocs...i will PM you both for mailing details.

Thank You all for making this so much fun:clap:

winning postcards...

Attachments

• 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 88

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
The Cavalry always arrives just in the nick of time...:biggrin:

I am glad that her project went as well as you described. It is a pleasure to contribute to the solidification of the friendship that is ours to enjoy here at FF.

Cowboy

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I am glad that her project went as well as you described. It is a pleasure to contribute to the solidification of the friendship that is ours to enjoy here at FF.

Cowboy
What the Cowboy said :smile:
Now then Galv, what did you think of beef jerky? lol

benspawpaw

you know this would be a good project for any young child. maybe as extra credit or an idea for a class project to see who could get the most or just to decorate a wall with. suggest it to your child or their teacher and post on here with address and let the forumsforums folks do the rest. yall know we would love to help any child to learn about the world. they could research all the places the cards come from. it would be fun i am sure.:clap:

rc2james

Site Supporter
After seeing all of the fine representation from other States in the United States, I just want to say,

IOWA RULES!

Iowa.gif

Galvatron

Galvi,

What is the actual deadline for her project? Can more be sent to her?

murph

project for school finished on Friday last week but cards are still arriving and im grateful as for each one that arrives me and Lilly do a new learning curve.

Lilly is enjoying learning more and the next term at school she has been told they will further and continue learning aspects from country's around the world so nothing lost with whats still arriving.

Would be nice to turn this thread into a "wish you were here" type of thing with the postcards.

Thanks everyone.