• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

House boat ride with Doc and Abby

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Andy that place really reminds me of a a few places in Canada including this place I went to called Gravenhurst, ON.

sm_operaHouse.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is a sunset pic from last Sunday. On the right is Blennerhassett Island. It is 6 miles long. Some beach on the opposite side where lots of boats park for the day. The other side is the wider side of the river and the barges go up and down that side. So we can anchor in the middle of this non barge traffic side.

Attachments

• SunsetHBcookout93008.jpg
    SunsetHBcookout93008.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 124

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just found out what I've been calling Ameri Host has changed to a Comfort Inn (post 21 has the right phone number). Regular price in Oct will be $94 a night. $85 a night with AAA
If you don't have AAA I know someone who will reservie it for you under their AAA card. :D
This is one of the closer and easier to get to places. Plus it's by the Mall (I know ... that can be good and bad .....)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
With Vin being here all the way from Oz, Bobcat coming in from out west, Dawg from PA and a few buckeyes from around the state ... I'm thinking of notifying the local newspaper and try to get a public interest story and a little publicity for forums forums and our little get together. Maybe a group picture for the paper. :D

(I should note we have other unconfirmed guests from Oklahoma (CB) from Ill (DaveNay) and Indiana (BobS) ...so we might end up with quite a few states represented before all is said and done. )

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All standby's have now been invited. All others have not confirmed. Anyone wishing they had got on the list earlier now would be a good time to put your name in.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Oct 11th is just two weeks away. Here is where we stand as far as who will be here for the party.
Attendees will be:
Doc and Abby
Vin and his wife
Dawg & wife
OhioTC & wife
Bobcat

Maybe's (have not declined or accepted yet)
DaveNay
B_Surka
PG
Sushi
CB
jstewar

Did I miss anyone? Anyone else interested in coming?
Planning a Friday night pizza party gettogether at 7pm at the boat club. 800 O'Neil St. Belpre Ohio
And a houseboat cookout Saturday starting at noon houseboat pulling away from dock 1pm. Returning to dock around 7pm.
And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. In case of bad weather we will have the boat club house available for our use.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What we gonna drink Saturday???? :mrgreen:

Oct 11th is just two weeks away. Here is where we stand as far as who will be here for the party.
Attendees will be:
Doc and Abby
Vin and his wife
Dawg & wife
OhioTC & wife
Bobcat

Maybe's (have not declined or accepted yet)
DaveNay
B_Surka
PG
Sushi
CB
jstewar

Did I miss anyone? Anyone else interested in coming?
Planning a Friday night pizza party gettogether at 7pm at the boat club. 800 O'Neil St. Belpre Ohio
And a houseboat cookout Saturday starting at noon or 1pm.
And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. In case of bad weather we will have the boat club house available for our use.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What we gonna drink Saturday???? :mrgreen:

I'll have beer for sure. Mich Ultra and Bud Light available (no comments on the weenie beers please :D.)
Maybe some jaegermister. :D
We also have a dreamsicle mix that a lot of the ladies really really like (orange, tastes like the old orange push ups).

Feel free to bring anything else you'd like to drink. If traveling and you need me to pick up something special for ya just let me know what you would like and I'll see if I can get it for you.

Cityboy

Banned
Go ahead and cross me off the list Doc. As much as I'd like to I can't. Got company coming to visit that week.

You guys take lots of pictures & post 'em.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope Doc, that is the weekend I'll be doing the Fall Fest in Shipshewana, Indiana.
Too much running here and there and cutting things close would be involved.
I want to be there, but I'll have to pass this one by. :(
Like I said, there will be other FF meetings in the future, right?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I really wish I could, but I'm taking time off to go to OKC to meet with Vin, CB, RBack, & princess this week.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Erik and CB, we'll be looking for pics of your guys hook up with Vin. :thumb:

I have something I need to fess up to. I've had an issue with my port engine since the Sternwheeler Festivale (early September). We've been trying to fix it but so far no luck. yesterday we changed plug wires and thought that would fix it. It didn't. I still feel I'll have it all fixed by Oct 10th ... but just in case I don't ...or if you want to keep up on the updates or offer suggestions check out this thread on Net Boat Talk:
http://www.netboattalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good news. The port engine problem has been figured out. It's the distributor. The mechanic is installing a new distributor tomorrow and all should be good to go.
Weather forecast is looking good for this coming weekend. They all don't agree but this one says sprinkles on Friday but Sunny and 74 on Saturday for the boat ride and the cookout. Perfect!!!!
http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:USWV0572

Here is a mapquest link that will get you close to the club:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=800+O'Neal+St+Belpre+Ohio+

If lost and need directions: here is the number to the yahct club.
9062 .....ask for Greg. If I'm not there whoever answers will be able to give you directions.

And here is a link to the general vicinity: Belpre Ohio
http://www.google.com/search?q=belp...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
glad to hear you got the problem figured out! Good luck on the weather this weekend - hope the system beating us up right now stalls out before it gets to you. ;)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
glad to hear you got the problem figured out! Good luck on the weather this weekend - hope the system beating us up right now stalls out before it gets to you. ;)

You and me both Eric. :D I was all smiles for sure.
No severe weather predicted at all this week. Sprinkles on Thursday and Friday, but nothing significant. We actually need the rain. We are very dry here.... but one more dry weekend is okay by me. Plenty of time to catch up on rain after this weekend. :D

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We are a couple of hours NW of you Doc. The forecast here is mid 70's and sun, hopefully it is the same down there.
Mapquest says it's 8 minutes from the hotel to the club, not bad.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We are a couple of hours NW of you Doc. The forecast here is mid 70's and sun, hopefully it is the same down there.
Mapquest says it's 8 minutes from the hotel to the club, not bad.

Where ya stayin?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Did he get to it today? Does it run?.......hee hee

Well ...the port motor we were having the trouble with purr's now. :D :thumb:

However .....the starboard engine we put the bad distributor in to prove the old port distrib was bad, will not start with it's previous good distributor. :pat: :bonk: :pat: I feel like I can't win.
The boat mechanic said he is 100% sure he'll have it purr'ing by Thursday. He is devoting Thursday to it. He is getting what they call a marine distributor kit which include plug wires, cap, distributor and some other goodies.
So, keep your fingers crossed until this Thursday. Geesh sure cutting it close .. but I have faith in the mechanic that he'll have us going. Course after paying the mechanic I might not be able to afford gas. :hide: :D :yankchain:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well..............we could always party on the boat. Who says it has to run? Well, you did promise Vin a ride. But I ain't rowing :thumb:
That Aussie bastard can paddle it himself if he wants to see the scenery of the Ohio.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As long as we get together it don't matter where we are IMO.

Wouldn't be a problem with anyone overboard if we just partied on the lawn ...... or would it ............ :mrgreen: