• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Should WE Have An FF Meet-Up???

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Hey guys i know i wont be attending but im really hoping you make this Happen.
To get the ball rolling i think a serious short list of meeting place needs to be drawn up and a list of folk that are seriously interested in making the trip.

I will want plenty of pictures and even maybe a film made and for everyone to sign a FF t-shirt for me and send it over.

Maybe even make it a fund raiser.

Galv.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc,
You know that no matter where it's happening, it's going to be too far for some people. But if in Columbus, the close ones are you and Abby, Ali and crums, Bethany and Blondebullfrog, nick and his girl, jwstewar and Monica, myself, PG, Dargo, B Skurka (kinda), Tomlesco, Danny, Big Dog, Farmwithjunk. I'm sure there are more close too.

Good point Jerry. I'm liking Columbus more and more. Help think of a good place for us to have our get together. Anyone that knows the area please PM me suggestions ... or post them if you prefer.

I like it, #1 lives there ............

First Keg is on Me!

Attachments

• beer_keg.jpg
    beer_keg.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 115

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll seriously consider it. What are the dates you're thinking about?

I believe Vin gave me two likely dates for him to be in the buckeye state. One of them was Oct 11th (I know, I said the 12th earlier, but that is a Sunday). The weekend of the 11th works for me, so I hope Vin can time it accordingly. The following Monday (Oct 13th is a holiday (Columbus Day) so those who work and get holidays off will have an extra travel day. :thumb:

The other date Vin gave was either a week earlier or later ...I'm not sure which.

Vin please chime in and review your itinerary to see if the weekend of Oct 11th is good for a FF get together, if not please suggest a better date.

As for 'Quaker Steak and Lube' it was just a sample of a place that had a huge patio and lots going on (at least when we were there).
Others that know the area better please suggest better meeting places and we'll go from there.

I do believe we need a committee to organize and plan the event? Any Volunteers?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I believe Vin gave me two likely dates for him to be in the buckeye state. One of them was Oct 11th (I know, I said the 12th earlier, but that is a Sunday). The weekend of the 11th works for me, so I hope Vin can time it accordingly. The following Monday (Oct 13th is a holiday (Columbus Day) so those who work and get holidays off will have an extra travel day. :thumb:

The other date Vin gave was either a week earlier or later ...I'm not sure which.

Vin please chime in and review your itinerary to see if the weekend of Oct 11th is good for a FF get together, if not please suggest a better date.

As for 'Quaker Steak and Lube' it was just a sample of a place that had a huge patio and lots going on (at least when we were there).
Others that know the area better please suggest better meeting places and we'll go from there.

I do believe we need a committee to organize and plan the event? Any Volunteers?

I'll ask Jarod (my oldest), he may know something in the area, he parties .......:dancing:

urednecku

Site Supporter
I could brew for an event like this. A nice summer wheat beer, a mild English brown ale(for Galvatron), a full bodied pale ale, maybe a little cream stout... Not sure how to transport it past my beer fridge, but...

We have a volunteer to brew for this.
I've only tried 2 bottles of home brew, my ex--pa-in-law gave me some his brother made. I have never tasted ANYTHING as smooth as that was, I could easily get addicted to it.

Cityboy

Banned
Columbus Day weekend might just work for me. I'll start checking airfares. What about a block of rooms at a nice hotel?

daedong

Doc,
The weekend of the 11th and 12th October works for me. We could also make the weekend before (4th and 5th). Whatever suits you best, we're easy.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
What do you think?

Doc, the idea of a hotel is a better choice. I have never been to the Quaker Steak and Lube yet. There are plenty of hotels within drunken stumbling distance too. Some high end, a few reasonable ones. Let me take a cruise up there and see what's been built since I left that area doing inspections.

Across I-71 east of Quaker is Polaris Grill, a little pricey, but well worth the cost for a meal. A mile or two away is the best Chinese I have ever eaten. Plenty of fast food joints as well.

I'll have to see what all is available in the area since I haven't been up there for a few years.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I found 5 or 6 hotels within a mile of Quaker Steak and Lube at Polaris using Expedia. They ranged from $90-200 a night. Every one of these places are 10 years old or less. This is an area that caters to the business crowd and conference centers so I have no idea what entertainment is close. I know that there is a Magic Mountain Family Fun Center within a mile. It's more of a game place with go carts and such. The Columbus Zoo is 10 miles away. Plenty of shopping for the ladies at Polaris Fashion Mall.

If you want to do some research yourself, the Quaker Steak is at....
8500 Lyra Dr.
Columbus, OH 43240

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jarod lives in New Albany and they have a really nice indoor gun range too ........:2gunsfiri:2gunsfiri:gun2::gun1::gun2_smi:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I moved away from Columbus in 97. Polaris was just starting out. Last fall I met up with some folks at the Quaker Steak and Lube and was amazed at how the Polaris area has grown. Any and every restaurant chain has a place there. And plenty of originals also. I'm not set on Quaker Steak and Lube. I'll talk to some of my old buddies up there and see what else is available.
Once that is decided we'll pick a hotel or two get a block or two of rooms reserved.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jarod lives in New Albany and they have a really nice indoor gun range too ........:2gunsfiri:2gunsfiri:gun2::gun1::gun2_smi:

New Albany is a very nice area. Lex Wexner designed much of the community. Very ritzy. Easton is close by. They might have something there.

How big of a group will we have?
I'd guesstimate 30 or so. If we get bigger than that we might need special accomodations. But that's what hotels are for. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Easton/New Albany may not have the lower priced hotels, but may have better entertainment options.

American Girl

Having all of us at one place is too risky. They could get us all of us at once! :ermm:

Sushi's right...we can't risk all being taken at once. We have to delegate leaders to take over in every state across the US, so that if one leader falls, the next can take over. What was that noise? I knew it...their everywhere...

OK Sushi is in charge of making tin foil hats for everyone.

Better make two for me. In case the wind blows it off while I'm running away. While you're at it, Sushi, could you make me a vest, too?

Once we arrive, I'll be in charge of covering all the windows and doors with tin foil, and throwing out all televisions, radios and other electronic devises that they may use to control our minds with.

Good thinking Ohio. :glare:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Just thought i would give this thread a bump as i would hate to see it all go to waste:wink:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The only thing that would stop me from being there, would depend on how a family member's health is at the time.
This is months away, and as it stands, yes.. I PLAN on being there.. with bells on..
;)

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
The only thing that would stop me from being there, would depend on how a family member's health is at the time.
This is months away, and as it stands, yes.. I PLAN on being there.. with bells on..
;)

And only bells? Strategically placed? :brows:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
weeeee !!!! Its about time we got together and started scratching each others eyes out and punching on each other in the head !!!!:punk: We can't agree on anything from our post and you want to get us all in the same room ????
Think Man Think ... For God's sake :hammer::mrgreen::mellow: