• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Should WE Have An FF Meet-Up???

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good idea.

I've considered Pittsburgh PA and Columbus OH vicinities for the meeting.

Doc,
You know that no matter where it's happening, it's going to be too far for some people. But if in Columbus, the close ones are you and Abby, Ali and crums, Bethany and Blondebullfrog, nick and his girl, jwstewar and Monica, myself, PG, Dargo, B Skurka (kinda), Tomlesco, Danny, Big Dog, Farmwithjunk. I'm sure there are more close too.

mak2

I am in Indy and would make the drive to meet you guys if my boss at work and my boss at home allows it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc,
You know that no matter where it's happening, it's going to be too far for some people. But if in Columbus, the close ones are you and Abby, Ali and crums, Bethany and Blondebullfrog, nick and his girl, jwstewar and Monica, myself, PG, Dargo, B Skurka (kinda), Tomlesco, Danny, Big Dog, Farmwithjunk. I'm sure there are more close too.

Good point Jerry. I'm liking Columbus more and more. Help think of a good place for us to have our get together. Anyone that knows the area please PM me suggestions ... or post them if you prefer.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Is Vin looking for a State Park type setting? Or something else for just a day gathering?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Vin will have been on the road for 3 weeks when he gets here and probably done plenty of camping already. I figured he'd like a nice hotel once in awhile. And Ohio state parks do not allow alcohol. So I prefer not to have a gathering there.
I was thinking of a outside patio setting (Like the Quaker Steak and Lube place up at Polaris) with good food and drink, and a close by hotel that we could all go to later in the evening. I think that would make for more showing up if they don't have to camp.
What do you think?

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Vin will have been on the road for 3 weeks when he gets here and probably done plenty of camping already. I figured he'd like a nice hotel once in awhile. And Ohio state parks do not allow alcohol. So I prefer not to have a gathering there.
I was thinking of a outside patio setting (Like the Quaker Steak and Lube place up at Polaris) with good food and drink, and a close by hotel that we could all go to later in the evening. I think that would make for more showing up if they don't have to camp.
What do you think?

I will be there, what weekend. If you need a bigger type grill, I have one! It is charcoal, is there a resort type thing anywhere close, where they have accomodations for activities etc. I am thinking like a small conference center. Camping is fine, but prefer my bed to be a mattress

rback33

Hangin in Tornado Alley
SUPER Site Supporter
I LOVE the idea of a get together!!!!

PARTY!!!!!!!!!

But I have to agree with mom, I'd prefer a hotel nearby...don't want the mosquitoes biting my a$$ while I'm preoccupied with other activities...

Can't have anything hurtin that ass o yers.... :brows:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What do you think?
Well, I need someplace proper so I don't look like crap in case Bobcat shows up!
Camp hair? icccccck!! lol

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
3 hours for me, we drive more than that to see the cats............there is a state park near there too, a bit more west, but I am really not sure of accomodations................

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Redneck and I thought we would ride the bike up there, but now AG has plans to come. We can't ALL of us ride the bike:blink:

buy her one, or there is always a plane, or someone coming from your area................Hey, get that bike/trike etc that was on here last week, it sat 3 people.................

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Redneck and I thought we would ride the bike up there, but now AG has plans to come. We can't ALL of us ride the bike:blink:

I can sell you a 92 FLHTC with a double wide California side car that will carry all three of you and then some.:mrgreen:

American Girl

FIRST of all, I spent TOO many summers trapped in a car with you guys, and I know better than to let myself get trapped in a car on a long trip with dad driving.

He never lets me pee!

He just says, "next exit we'll stop...oops, missed that one, ok, next exit we'll stop..." and if we're in the mountains, its "next curve we'll stop so you can throw up, I promise...oops, missed that one, ok, next curve we'll stop so you can throw up..."

And does mom help? Noooooo, she sits there laughing so hard she's crying! Not to mention the old couple who saw me peeing in the woods that time...

I am not getting stuck with you two in a car if I have a choice.

SECOND of all, I might want to stay longer or leave earlier, or go somewhere you don't want to go, so it would be a good idea to have my own transportation.

THIRD of all, I have a car now, I'm no longer 15 years old, and to re-iterate a point, I AM NOT GETTING STUCK IN A CAR WITH YOU TWO FOR HOURS AT A TIME WITH DAD DRIVING!!!!
:beatdeadhorse5:

American Girl

Thanks hon and the same could CERTAINLY be said for you.

I wish I could go, but alas.. I would have to pull some MAJOR strings. Guess we will see what happens....

What?!?! You can't go?!?!? Guess I'll just have to find someone else to flirt with...

American Woman

Site Supporter
FIRST of all, I spent TOO many summers trapped in a car with you guys, and I know better than to let myself get trapped in a car on a long trip with dad driving.

He never lets me pee!

He just says, "next exit we'll stop...oops, missed that one, ok, next exit we'll stop..." and if we're in the mountains, its "next curve we'll stop so you can throw up, I promise...oops, missed that one, ok, next curve we'll stop so you can throw up..."

And does mom help? Noooooo, she sits there laughing so hard she's crying! Not to mention the old couple who saw me peeing in the woods that time...

I am not getting stuck with you two in a car if I have a choice.

SECOND of all, I might want to stay longer or leave earlier, or go somewhere you don't want to go, so it would be a good idea to have my own transportation.

THIRD of all, I have a car now, I'm no longer 15 years old, and to re-iterate a point, I AM NOT GETTING STUCK IN A CAR WITH YOU TWO FOR HOURS AT A TIME WITH DAD DRIVING!!!!
:beatdeadhorse5:
This is great! We can still take the bike and your little brothers can ride with you! Thanks! :clap:

daedong

What do you think?

Sounds good Doc. Sure sounds like there might be more than a few interested, I will need to go roo shooting soon to stock up on souvenirs:whistling:

Cityboy how does a trip to Ohio sound ?